The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SPL DrumXchanger Plugin - based on Transient Designer! DAW Software
Old 19th April 2010
Gear Nut

from SPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhama View Post
Absolutly fair.

I can't wait. BTW do you know if FXpansion BFD packs or Platinium sample packs can be used in DXC?
We are offering EVERYBODY that we will implement their drum sample format right now, but some companies are selling thier own triggering unit... so they might not be too open minded... if you want to feel free to contact your sample library manufacturer and tell them to email me directly (dirk a t spl.info), we will be glad to give them our sample editor (pro version, FREE) or to implement their file format...

BTW: Addictive Drums will have sounds out in SPLX format, so will Kusanagi... more to follow soon...

Dirk / SPL.
Old 20th April 2010
Gear Nut

from SPL

Guys, we have JUST released the final version of DrumXchanger, which will work with the trial auths you already use.

We have changed and improved the triggering algo quite a bit after testing it with all the various snare samples you sent in, and I am proud to say that we are able to trigger insanely quite snare hits within very loud crosstalk "on the fly", with just a bit of tweaking of the NEW sidechain filter, the NEW dual threshold algo, and the NEW possibility to route the Transient Designer of the "original" module into the triggering sidechain!

All this without the need to setup fancy aux sends etc. :-)

Grab the new installer NOW, also we have added new samples that offer 4 kits now, not 3 (one being mono room sounds), and we will have quite some external sound developers / sample companies releasing samples in the SPLX files within the next days and weeks.

The few problems you reported (THANK YOU) about occasional "out of phase" samples and some other minor things have been worked out, and we are sending out a newsletter today (April 21) to announce the availability at the spl online store and SPL dealers worldwide from TODAY on (April 21).

There is a great UPGRADE offer for all existing Transient Designer users, no matter if you use the SPL or the UAD version! Check out SPL Store !

Cheers, and THANK YOU everybody for your input.

If you need re-demos (extended demo time) please email me at my SPL email adress, I do not reply to PMs.

Also, I´d be happy to see you test the new final version and give us any feedback you might have.

PT users: you might have to trash prefs when using the new version as we have added new parameters etc.
Old presets made with the beta version might not work anymore, but that´s why it was called a BETA... making new ones will be even easier as the triggering improved heavily since the first beta!

Today is day 1! :-)

Cheers, Dirk / SPL.

THIS is the final baby.::!

Old 21st April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by spl_support View Post
There is a great UPGRADE offer for all existing Transient Designer users, no matter if you use the SPL or the UAD version! Check out SPL Store !
This is very nice. I can upgrade my UAD license to a native one and get a drum replacer for free heh

Thx! Downloading trial now.

Herwig
Old 21st April 2010
Gear Nut

from SPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPoet View Post
This is very nice. I can upgrade my UAD license to a native one and get a drum replacer for free heh

Thx! Downloading trial now.

Herwig
That is 101% right! :-)
Enjoy.

Dirk / SPL.
Old 21st April 2010
Lives for gear

I just did that too!
Now I can run the Transient Designer in NATIVE As well!

And the drum replacer looks very useful! haven't put it to the proper tests yet. Where can I get the editor???
Old 21st April 2010
Gear Nut

from SPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by arimaka View Post
I just did that too!
Where can I get the editor???
Open the plug-in in any host, press EDITOR... load WAVs into slots, press EXPORT, you´re done. Then load this new multisample... :-)
Dirk.
(off for beer now, it´s my birthday today... what a nice day for the official DXC release! ***)

PS: new videos coming tomorrow or Friday (depending on the number of beers tonight... ha ha ha)
Old 21st April 2010
Have a great birthday, Dirk!!!
Old 22nd April 2010
Gear Nut

from Dirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by geraldodarbilly View Post
Have a great birthday, Dirk!!!
Thanks Geraldo, just came back, I survived... :-)
Dirk.
Old 22nd April 2010
Gear Nut

from SPL

Here are all the details:
DrumXchanger launch - receive a 25% discount: Sound Performance Lab

V1.0 is out and sales have started ( including upgrades for UAD and SPL Transient Designer customers, see the link for details, please)

Cheers! Dirk / SPL.
Old 25th April 2010
Lives for gear

I really like this one.
Old 26th April 2010
Lives for gear

I'm noticing their is no way to change the knob control to Linear for VST3?
Old 26th April 2010
Gear Nut

from SPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeper_6 View Post
There seems to be a small bug, we´ll fix it with the next release.
THANKS!
Dirk.
Old 26th April 2010
Gear Nut

from SPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeper_6 View Post
Guys, I just heard from our dev team that WE do support this already but the latest Nuendo version does not yet.

We have tested this with the new VST test host and it works, so I guess the next main VST host upgrades will offer this...

Dirk / SPL.
Old 26th April 2010
Lives for gear

Thanks for the quick response. thumbsup
Old 27th April 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Spot View Post
Looks good and the description sounds also good!

Do you have figures for the latency it introduces (RTAS), if any?

Being able to make our own 8 velocities, 3 alternatives and 3 rim shots samples is awesome!

Do you have plans to deliver a separate application for making more than 8 velocities and/or more than 3 alternatives per velocity? For me 5 alternatives per velocity would be ideal...
How accurate is the replacement in the time domain?!? Drumagog is HIGHLY inaccurate and so is Sound Replacer. Anytime I use either I have to manually go in and line up EVERY hit and make sure it is phase coherent (that the initial of each transient lines up with the original) A sample accurate replacement plug would be VERY nice.
Old 29th April 2010
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbibidy View Post
How accurate is the replacement in the time domain?!? Drumagog is HIGHLY inaccurate and so is Sound Replacer. Anytime I use either I have to manually go in and line up EVERY hit and make sure it is phase coherent (that the initial of each transient lines up with the original) A sample accurate replacement plug would be VERY nice.
I would like to know this as well. Has anyone compared the accuracy of this plug to slate trigger yet?
Old 29th April 2010
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbibidy View Post
You should try TL Drums Rehab, this is by far the most accurate I've tried so far and it has some useful tools.
Old 29th April 2010
Gear Nut

Is the SPL DrumXChanger manual available???
Old 29th April 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB872 View Post
I would like to know this as well. Has anyone compared the accuracy of this plug to slate trigger yet?
yesterday i replaced the snares and kicks of a 4 bar drumbus!
nothing fancy, a simple snare pattern (2 and 4)
the accuracy was like 90%
to get it 100% tight i manually moved each note
no drama in this scenario, but it can be a pain in the ass

GREAT in drumXchanger is the TUNE knob!
this simple tuning algo feels so much better than others i used

i also like the play button
for live triggering and recording quick patterns with the mouse
Old 30th April 2010
Gear Nut

No manual available yet?? Nobody knows? SPL?
Old 1st May 2010
Lives for gear

Dirk said, sometime in May.
Old 3rd May 2010
Gear Nut

from SPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSweetener View Post
Dirk said, sometime in May.
We have worked on the DXC until the last minute, and have even added ideas from beta testers, so we are currently finalizing the manual, it should be out by May 13... this is our goal.

Cheers! Dirk / SPL.
Old 3rd May 2010
Gear Nut

Good to know, thanks!
Old 4th May 2010
Gear Head

Stereo samples?

Using the demo today I was very impressed with the plugin. One thing I did notice, though, is that when I loaded a stereo sample into a stereo instance of the plugin (PT 8) the sample would only play back in mono. Am I missing something?
Old 4th May 2010
Gear Nut

Have you tried a multi mono instance? I'm on Pro Tools HD 8.03 and I've noticed weird things with certain plugins stereo plugins and sometimes multi mono solved the problem.
Old 4th May 2010
Gear Nut

from SPL

We are releasing a new version of DXC tomorrow that fixes the stereo problem.

Still, all the SPL samples are MONO intentionally.
We mainly focus on replacing the CLOSED MIC signals.

If you want to add stereo samples or replace stereo sounds you can do so with the new version.

Cheers, Dirk / SPL.
Old 11th June 2010
Gear Head

this is a great plugin. but i think it's going to need polarity and delay on each sample field in the editor to make it kill.
Old 1st July 2010
Gear Nut

new DXC video! very cool....

Check this new "practice pad video" that BJ made... nice job BJ!
Thanks.

VIDEO...! klick here...

Cheers, Dirk.
Old 5th October 2010
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by spl_support View Post
Check this new "practice pad video" that BJ made... nice job BJ!
Thanks.

VIDEO...! klick here...

Cheers, Dirk.
You're very welcome, I'll probably do another one to explain the editor in depth.

BJ
Old 23rd July 2011
Lives for gear

How much delay does this plug generate? I'm testing it out in logic and my PDC is all setup but i'm still getting a track delay in mixing (not live mode). It's making the plug unusable as the alignment is out :(
I'm testing this by having no blend, just completely replacing the sample and playing it along with the rest of the live kit.

Aside from that, I like the simplicity of the plug!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search