The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
iPad DAW Controller!!! Control Surfaces
Old 29th March 2010
Gear Nut

iPad DAW Controller!!!

this looks killer!...makes the 500 worth the price of admission alone

http://saitarasoftware.com/promosmall.png
Old 29th March 2010
Gear Addict

- and the damn thing is sold out at the apple store...just when everyone though it was gonna be a useless device all the gearslutz will come to the rescue !

looks like a monster app for all of us....
Old 29th March 2010
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjamesbomb View Post
- and the damn thing is sold out at the apple store...just when everyone though it was gonna be a useless device all the gearslutz will come to the rescue !

looks like a monster app for all of us....
Yup, it really is more than just a big ipod touch...when the ipod and imac were released everyone said they were going to flop, and we know how those predictions turned out!
Old 29th March 2010
Lives for gear

it sounds very interesting !

and it's wireless ... cool !

Old 29th March 2010
Gear Addict

It will probably work only for Logic and other Mac based DAWs?
I dreamed for such thing as soon as I've seen iPad presentation, but I'm on Windows...
Old 29th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by meloco_go View Post
I dreamed for such thing as soon as I've seen iPad presentation, but I'm on Windows...
Pretty sure their iPhone controller works on Windows. Should be cross platform.
Old 29th March 2010
Gear Head

i need this one.... i need it n o w !
Old 29th March 2010
Lives for gear

WOW!!!!! Now if steve would get off his high horse about using flash, it would corner the market.
Old 29th March 2010
I own AC-7 for iPhone and it works with Mackie Control Universal protocol.
It works perfectly, and I thought it was just a question of time for us to see such evolution.

One thing I feel I'd like to suggest to the developer of AC-7 PRO:

1-put a keystroke mapping page (like euphonix)

2-put a general mixer page that contains up to 64 channels, with mute solo and pans for quick overview

and you're done...
Old 29th March 2010
Lives for gear

Remains to be seen how integrated the software is with Logic and other daw's. Would be nice if it was as least as good as Euphonix.
Old 29th March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamwerks View Post
Remains to be seen how integrated the software is with Logic and other daw's. Would be nice if it was as least as good as Euphonix.
it's a Mackie Control Universal. It's completely integrated.
Old 29th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by meloco_go View Post

Check this:Saitara Software
scroll down, it instructs you how to make it work in Windows
Old 29th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmatibet View Post
it's a Mackie Control Universal. It's completely integrated.
I was hoping for a better protocol.
Old 29th March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamwerks View Post
I was hoping for a better protocol.
Yes, but in the other way around you have to think it's a reliable and universal protocol so you can use it with almost every DAW on the planet.

I wished it would be mackie control universal. Just Think about how much time it took for Euphonix to become bugless and stable.

With Mackie Control you just setup, plug and go.
Old 29th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjamesbomb View Post
just when everyone though it was gonna be a useless device
Everyone ?

After using iphone & itouch for sometime now i never thought for 1 minute that the ipad would be usless device music wise.
Old 29th March 2010
Gear Addict

macrumors.com
Old 29th March 2010
Gear Addict

Not trying to ruin this party but I prefer this app: midipad_welcome

for the simple fact that I wont to install other programs such as the procedure necessary with AC-7 and all saitarasoftware apps.

I hope I am wrong and this time round everything runs native and no need for other programs.
Old 29th March 2010
Gear Head

But… are the faders touch sensitive?
Old 29th March 2010
Gear Addict

There is another one:
www.midipad.de
Old 29th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesilence View Post
There is another one:
www.midipad.de
I can't believe they still haven't fixed their website.... I still can't load the pages in Safari or Firefox.
Old 29th March 2010
CKK
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
I can't believe they still haven't fixed their website.... I still can't load the pages in Safari or Firefox.
Loads fine here in both safari and firefox. Maybe the problem is not at their endheh
Old 29th March 2010
Quote:
erease your cache
Old 29th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuc647 View Post
WOW!!!!! Now if steve would get off his high horse about using flash, it would corner the market.
No thanks.. Very happy with no flash.
Old 29th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmatibet View Post
erease your cache
i did that, erased both cache and cookies in both navigators, and i still can't load the pages. Loads fine in my iPhone though... weird....
Old 29th March 2010
Gear Addict

I bought the AC-7 (iPhone app) two weeks ago. i followed the instructions downloaded the midi yoke and server, tried to make it work on a PC with cubase or reaper, with no results. last week a new version of the program came out and it looks amazing but still I can't make it work on PC no matter what i do. can any other PC user share his/her experience?

Thanks
Old 29th March 2010
Here for the gear

This looks great...but what I'm really looking forward to is hands-on control of plugins. There are plenty of products out there that do a decent enough job with basic stuff like pan, gain, mute, solo, etc.

However, no control surface (that I'm aware of) does this well, including labeling and metering. I'd love to have virtual faders, appropriately labeled and scaled, to control EQs, as well as compressor controls with metering.
Old 29th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanhall View Post
This looks great...but what I'm really looking forward to is hands-on control of plugins. There are plenty of products out there that do a decent enough job with basic stuff like pan, gain, mute, solo, etc.

However, no control surface (that I'm aware of) does this well, including labeling and metering. I'd love to have virtual faders, appropriately labeled and scaled, to control EQs, as well as compressor controls with metering.
I think Novation has a great opportunity to provide something like that for the iPad since they already have an app for the iPod/iPhone and have been developing Automap for a while. A dedicated app for the iPad that takes advantage of the larger screen is going to be killer..

Software Novation Automap for iPhone/iPod touch
Old 29th March 2010
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanhall View Post

If you look in the pictures there are buttons for eq, inserts, sends, etc...not sure what those screens are going to look like though
Old 29th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm beginning to think everybody is playing a hoax on me. I'm starting to think the company doesn't really exist!

- c
Old 29th March 2010
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by clonewar View Post
I think Novation has a great opportunity to provide something like that for the iPad since they already have an app for the iPod/iPhone and have been developing Automap for a while. A dedicated app for the iPad that takes advantage of the larger screen is going to be killer..

Software Novation Automap for iPhone/iPod touch
I use the Novation app for my iPhone and also have a Nocturn - the Nocturn with Automap is definitely the closest I've come to a decent plug-in control solution.

I hope that Novation does allow for more customization if they release an iPad version of Automap, and I'd really like them to include metering. Ideally I don't want to have to look at the plug-in graphic itself at all - I just want to be able to look at the control surface I'm touching to get all the info I need (e.g. what does this fader correspond with, how many db of gain reduction am I currently getting, etc.)
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search