The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
IRCAM Tools by Flux:: Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 10th May 2010
  #121
Lives for gear
 
sonicdefault's Avatar
Please, if you guys make a channel strip, be sure to include a really good noise gate. I would also like to have variable slopes on the filters, and a dedicated de-esser. (I'll send this via email too)


-SD
Old 10th May 2010
  #122
Lives for gear
 
sonicdefault's Avatar
Thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancostello View Post
If you do a search on Jot+IRCAM on Google, you will probably get the basics of the algorithm. Mind you ...
-SD
Old 15th May 2010
  #123
Gear Maniac
 

-50% for the next coming month... Are you testing the market... smart guys?
If its the case, I hope the news will have the time to spread enough, and thus you will feel more confident in the fact that you really got a name/brand now.

Last edited by Manuel75; 15th May 2010 at 10:18 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 15th May 2010
  #124
Lives for gear
 
sonicdefault's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel75 View Post
-50% for the next coming month... Aren't you testing the market... smart guys?
If its the case, I hope the news will have the time to spread enough, and thus you will feel more confident in the fact that you really got a name/brand now.
So the 50% discount will apply to IRCAM too?


-SD
Old 15th May 2010
  #125
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicdefault View Post
So the 50% discount will apply to IRCAM too?


-SD
Nope, this is for released products: Epure, Solera & Alchemist
see: Flux:: sound and picture development
Old 15th May 2010
  #126
Gear Nut
 

Bonjour Félix,

Do you cleverly plan, as I except from Flux::, to release a pack of SPAT+TRAX ?

Bien amicalement,
Stéphane.
Old 15th May 2010
  #127
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel75 View Post
-50% for the next coming month... Are you testing the market... smart guys?
If its the case, I hope the news will have the time to spread enough, and thus you will feel more confident in the fact that you really got a name/brand now.

We have a lot of customers asking for upgrade paths, and as we don't want to fence out our sales channels (distributors/dealers) and since setting up a system for selling upgrades through dealers would be truly painful, instead we chose to go with a time limited but all over discount for these products instead...




Cheers,
/Felix
Old 15th May 2010
  #128
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Blanchardon View Post
Bonjour Félix,

Do you cleverly plan, as I except from Flux::, to release a pack of SPAT+TRAX ?

Bien amicalement,
Stéphane.
There will probably be some kind of bundled products of the IRCAM Tools, yes.


Cheers,
/Felix
Old 15th May 2010
  #129
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicdefault View Post
So the 50% discount will apply to IRCAM too?


-SD
The IRCAM Tools will, hopefully, be released in about 4-8 weeks, so no.

Cheers,
/Felix
Old 15th May 2010
  #130
Lives for gear
 
sonicdefault's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix (Flux) View Post
The IRCAM Tools will, hopefully, be released in about 4-8 weeks, so no.

Cheers,
/Felix
Thanks Felix for the clarifications! I look forward to it!


-SD
Old 17th May 2010
  #131
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix (Flux) View Post
We have a lot of customers asking for upgrade paths, and as we don't want to fence out our sales channels (distributors/dealers) and since setting up a system for selling upgrades through dealers would be truly painful, instead we chose to go with a time limited but all over discount for these products instead...




Cheers,
/Felix
Does this mean that if somebody has, let's say, the Dynamix Pack, then buy Epure he's then known has a Full Pack I owner by your sales services, thus would be able able to upgrade to Full Pack II (adding Syrah) for 99 euros, using the only real upgrade path in your license system?
Old 18th May 2010
  #132
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel75 View Post
Does this mean that if somebody has, let's say, the Dynamix Pack, then buy Epure he's then known has a Full Pack I owner by your sales services, thus would be able able to upgrade to Full Pack II (adding Syrah) for 99 euros, using the only real upgrade path in your license system?
Full Pack I is a legacy product and no new Full Pack I licences will ever be created, but still, no, our system does not re-bundle the user's licences, as it is not possible for us to know if it is desired or not (this is a question about how PACEs licencing model work, but it is another thread and another history).



Cheers,
/felix
Old 18th May 2010
  #133
Gear Maniac
 

... thus, these discounts have nothing to do with what people usually call upgrade path.

too
Old 18th May 2010
  #134
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel75 View Post
... thus, these discounts have nothing to do with what people usually call upgrade path.

too
Well, again, as we want to provide this to a lot of customers asking for it, and we dont want to bar out our sales channels, this is the simplest way of doing it and making the deal available for the channels as well.

So No, it's not about "upgrade paths", but the end result is supposed to work out pretty much the same in terms of bang for the buck for the people longing for upgrades.



If you want a more detailed explanation about why I choose this way of do it, feel free to send me your phone number in an email, and I'll call you..

[email protected]


Cheers,
/Felix



Cheers,
/Felix
Old 30th May 2010
  #135
Lives for gear
 

Excited..though i will have to save quite a lot..

I wonder if it's better than Dassault Systèmes own attempt at transaurality/binaurality...
Old 16th June 2010
  #136
Lives for gear
 
Denis Goekdag's Avatar
 

I can't be more specific due to NDA being in effect, but the beta of Verb I'm listening to at the moment sounds very, very good. It's gonna break up the reverberation monopoly that the PCM Native so far has in my default project and sit right next to it :-)
Old 16th June 2010
  #137
Gear Addict
 
Paul Russell's Avatar
 

Will these Ircam plugs be x64 native?

And regarding your comment about upgrades for compatibility, what is the timeline, if ever, for the current plugs to be x64 native?
Old 16th June 2010
  #138
Lives for gear
 

and still dont know that the reverb has room, hall etc algos or works differently? is it under nda too?
Old 27th June 2010
  #139
Lives for gear
 
Silver Sonya's Avatar
 

I am trying not to think about this technology, because I do not need it.

But it is haunting me.

Learning about this stuff was like being introduced to a lust I didn't know I had.

Damn you.

- c
Old 27th June 2010
  #140
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya View Post
thumbsup
Old 27th June 2010
  #141
Lives for gear
 
RaySoul's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya View Post
I am trying not to think about this technology, because I do not need it.

But it is haunting me.

Learning about this stuff was like being introduced to a lust I didn't know I had.

Damn you.

- c
heh
Old 27th June 2010
  #142
Lives for gear
 
Shaggy2039's Avatar
God, I wanna hear this reverb! I've been holding out on buying any new reverb plugs until this, Altiverb 7 and Relab's 480 are officially released.
Old 3rd July 2010
  #143
Gear Nut
Coming in July.
IRCAM-tools

Price?
Old 3rd July 2010
  #144
Lives for gear
 
Coyoteous's Avatar
 

http://www.soundonsound.com/news?NewsID=12681

Spat - 1674 Euros

Verb - 956 Euros

Trax Transformer - 478 Euros
Old 3rd July 2010
  #145
Gear Nut
Thanks Coyoteous.

This might be in my reach if there's a student discount.
Old 4th July 2010
  #146
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyoteous View Post
News - Musikmesse 2010: Flux and IRCAM join forces

Spat - 1674 Euros

Verb - 956 Euros

Trax Transformer - 478 Euros
Insane prices.

You could get a brand new Kyma system for that.
Old 4th July 2010
  #147
Lives for gear
 
sonicdefault's Avatar
Three words...

slutz introductory offer


-SD
Old 5th July 2010
  #148
Lives for gear
 

This is just what i was looking for. BUt i don't think I'll be able to afford it for a very long time. Not complaining it's just my financial reality.

Great job guys!
Old 23rd July 2010
  #149
Old 25th July 2010
  #150
Lives for gear
 

Is there a discount for french people under 25 ? heh
Just installed the demo, about to try it !
I'm all excited...
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
maxd / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
0
Nahuel / Music Computers
16
recallbeats / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
10
bleak orange / Product Alerts older than 2 months
10
K-Slash / Product Alerts older than 2 months
13

Forum Jump
Forum Jump