The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SSL - Soundscape 6 Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 6th April 2010
Here for the gear

[QUOTE][That's how I do it as well. I use two Mackie Controls, so I don't have to "leave" Cubase for basic level, aux, pan changes.
Still waiting for a cool controller from SSL so I don't have to look at the screen at all!]/QUOTE]

Yeah the thought has crossed my mind. I have a BCF2000 sitting in a closet. I might have try that out.

+1 on an SSL controller!
Old 6th April 2010
Lives for gear

I have been looking at a MX4 - Soudscape combo with a Alpha-Link MADI-AX or two for my new room, but have uncovered a deal breaker of sorts. There is no way to get this system synced to an external piece of hardware such as a tape machine or another computer running a midi sequencer without buying one of the old Sydec hardware I/O recorder units. Read the manuals for 5.5 and the 6 FAQ and they state the same, gotta have the Sydec unit for sync, no SMPTE or MIDI sync available though the MX4 or say a MOTU Midi Timepiece like I currently have here. I understand the Soundscape DAW is audio only, which is OK with me, but occasionally I use Gigastudio for drums or piano and was thinking of another PC with Cubase on it to handle the midi recording synced to the Soundscape DAW - it ain't gonna happen. From the looks of it SSL can't even get this thing to sync with their own consoles for automation. In this day and age some form of sync easily obtained with the outside world is a must, I guess you might could record SMPTE on an audio track in Soundscape, but then you lose an I/O channel and are forever trying to avoid that puppy in your audio or crosstalk in the convertors or your system. I emailed SSL sales about this, but haven't heard back yet.
Old 8th April 2010
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarnutz View Post
I have been looking at a MX4 - Soudscape combo with a Alpha-Link MADI-AX or two for my new room, but have uncovered a deal breaker of sorts. There is no way to get this system synced to an external piece of hardware such as a tape machine or another computer running a midi sequencer without buying one of the old Sydec hardware I/O recorder units. Read the manuals for 5.5 and the 6 FAQ and they state the same, gotta have the Sydec unit for sync, no SMPTE or MIDI sync available though the MX4 or say a MOTU Midi Timepiece like I currently have here. I understand the Soundscape DAW is audio only, which is OK with me, but occasionally I use Gigastudio for drums or piano and was thinking of another PC with Cubase on it to handle the midi recording synced to the Soundscape DAW - it ain't gonna happen. From the looks of it SSL can't even get this thing to sync with their own consoles for automation. In this day and age some form of sync easily obtained with the outside world is a must, I guess you might could record SMPTE on an audio track in Soundscape, but then you lose an I/O channel and are forever trying to avoid that puppy in your audio or crosstalk in the convertors or your system. I emailed SSL sales about this, but haven't heard back yet.
How about SS and Cubase on the same PC synced via APP(Asio positioning protocol) Never tried it by myself but as far as i know it should work very well(sample accurate)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search