Pretty cool!

- c
Old 15th March 2010
Shy
Lives for gear

Yes.
Old 15th March 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Man, the Native bundle is a smoking deal with PanMan and Decapitator included! I sense it will be in my collection shortly...
Lives for gear

I really wasn't even looking at these guys but since I already own the Native Bundle I might try them out now. Soundtoys makes some awesome stuff.
cam
Lives for gear

Just tried PanMan. Quite impressed.

I have never been a fan of panners but I have to say this one sounds very very well, is extremely versatile, and as you would expect from a company called soundtoys... it's fun to play with!
Lives for gear

for a long time i have been curious about sound toys stuff, there are no audio samples on their site that i can find, does anyone have a youtube or some link to check out what each of these can do, and how people use them??

i am not sure i need them but being able to hear some of what can be done with them would be great

thanks

tim
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trock View Post
for a long time i have been curious about sound toys stuff, there are no audio samples on their site that i can find, does anyone have a youtube or some link to check out what each of these can do, and how people use them??

i am not sure i need them but being able to hear some of what can be done with them would be great

thanks

tim

May i introduce you to Mitch at Soundtoys

YouTube - soundtoys's Channel
Shy
Lives for gear

God damn, PanMan is fantastic. Just a slight (low width) rhythmic pan applied gives a great feel. Very "natural" sounding too, not too "rushed" like all other panners.
Old 17th March 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

bundle upgrade from v3 to v4 which includes panman and decapitator is only $99, AND with all the free use of beta versions of decapitator..... Soundtoys is an insanely great company.

I can't wait to mess around with panman
Old 18th March 2010 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Buying the bundle as soon as possible, frighteningly great plugs !!
Old 18th March 2010 | Show parent
PanMan is the sort of plug that you buy, try, and then it's all over your mixes. Not doing anything drastic ,just adding depth and motion. I was hoping to keep it as a secret weapon.....
Old 19th March 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Panmam is pantastic !!!

I'm a lil birt seasick
Old 21st March 2010 | Show parent
Gear Addict

all my native version 4 plugs work except panman. its just working as a mono tremolo.
it wont pan in stereo.
also, i get some graphic bugs every now and then.

powermac dual quad 3 ghz
snow leopard
Nuendo
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnymac View Post
all my native version 4 plugs work except panman. its just working as a mono tremolo.
it wont pan in stereo.

powermac dual quad 3 ghz
snow leopard
Nuendo
As expected, I had to uninstall v3 and then reinstall v4. It works fine.
Lives for gear

Just got my free upgrade to v.4. I find I'm using (and needing) SoundToys plugs on all my mixes now. I have one vocal phrase that has decapitator, tremolator, echoboy, and panman all in sequence, and it sounds really good. Panman is a great tool but so are Echoboy, FilterFreak, Decapitator, Tremolator. They all sound so cool, and can be very natural, or totally un-natural, depending on what you want. I love this company's plugs.

FilterFreak is the only thing I've found that can fairly naturally tame guitar fret squeaks. Just use the band rejection filter and adjust to the frequency of the squeak and it works pretty well. I've tried EQ cuts, multiband compression, cutting and splicing, phase reversing the squeak and never been happy with any of the results. Filterfreak sounds better than all of those methods to me.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannerj View Post
I have reported an issue to Soundtoyds support with graphics in Cubase.

I think its a Steinberg related thing. If you click away from the plugin and back does the gui slowly drop down line by line becoming white and blank the more you click on and off the plugin window ?

Then if you close the plugin window and reopen it its all back to normal ?

It doesnt affect the sound at all though

Ben
Lives for gear

Panman is a plugin that didn't really interest me , however i upgraded to V4 for decapitator and now ive tried Panman i really like it and can see myself using it alot , The GUI reminds me of Kitt from knightrider lol
Shy
Lives for gear

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cane creek View Post
The GUI reminds me of Kitt from knightrider lol
Ha! Man, I knew something felt strangely familiar.
70% Coffee, 30% Beer

Pan Man --->

[Automation]

Echoboy ---->

[Automation]

Why is my head spinning around my shoulders like the exorcist?

Awesome.
Old 12th April 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

I've been messing around with the PanMan and I LOVE IT! Never cared that much for autopanners, but this one.. Wow!

SoundToys is my favorite plugin company
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joao B. View Post

SoundToys is my favorite plugin company
Aren't they though , loving the Native bundle and the preset libraries are absolutely amazing . This is a fun and unique plug . most def converts people who have shunned pan plugs in the past .
Lives for gear

Kudos to SoundToys. I've been waiting for someone to do a proper emulation of the PanScan for awhile now.
Old 3rd May 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital 1010 View Post
I have reported an issue to Soundtoyds support with graphics in Cubase.

I think its a Steinberg related thing. If you click away from the plugin and back does the gui slowly drop down line by line becoming white and blank the more you click on and off the plugin window ?

Then if you close the plugin window and reopen it its all back to normal ?

It doesnt affect the sound at all though

Ben

Yes!
I'm loving Sound toys stuff but was getting annoyed with this earlier today. I'm using Nuendo 4 and wondering if there's any insights from Sound toys about this.
Lives for gear

kind of off topic but has anyone noticed tremolator not quite syncing to the beat well? If I try to do even a simple square shape it audibly lags behind the click. The chopper plug in cubase seems to do a much better job of keeping on beat
Quote:
Originally Posted by s34nsm411 View Post
kind of off topic but has anyone noticed tremolator not quite syncing to the beat well? If I try to do even a simple square shape it audibly lags behind the click. The chopper plug in cubase seems to do a much better job of keeping on beat
Are you pressing play at an exact value? I was having the same issue but found that the problem was only happening if I didn't start playback from the 'one' position of a bar.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet.d View Post
Yes!
I'm loving Sound toys stuff but was getting annoyed with this earlier today. I'm using Nuendo 4 and wondering if there's any insights from Sound toys about this.

Just to let you know, we've fixed this internally and will be getting this fix out in a new version. We're still a couple of weeks off, because we've got a bunch of bug fixes we're rolling together and need to get testing time in. Thanks for your patience.

Ken
SoundToys
Old 4th May 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBToys View Post
Just to let you know, we've fixed this internally and will be getting this fix out in a new version. We're still a couple of weeks off, because we've got a bunch of bug fixes we're rolling together and need to get testing time in. Thanks for your patience.

Ken
SoundToys
Thanks for the update and all the fine work Ken.
Look forward too it.
Gear Maniac

I am weighing up these plug-in's as (further to the stellar press and WOM they recieve) I recently heard Decapitator in action and ended up needing to change my underwear.

But I'm curious to what use's folk find for the Pan Man plug?

I've only ever used modulated panning FX for one-off special fx (like when the vocalist sings 'round' and the vox and its fx pan about, and other such cheesy nonsense) and usually consider constant panning in a mix a bit of a distraction.

I guess the best idea would be to buy the plugs and get experimenting but I'm just curious as to what applications others are using it for.

I'm also scared that I'll spend the next year trying to replicate Johnny Marr's 'How soon is now?' sound heh
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirror symmetry View Post
I'm also scared that I'll spend the next year trying to replicate Johnny Marr's 'How soon is now?' sound heh
Better than spending a lifetime doing that, which is what some people do.

RE: panning gimmickry: yes, it is a tool you use only sparingly and for special circumstances. But this does it so exquisitely and elegantly, it's absolutely worth it.

Plus, come on, it's really fun.

- c
I use it to do subtle spacial/leslie effects on keys and pads - it can be fun to send to a few different Panman's, filter them into hi/medium/low frequencies and get them all working at slightly different speeds to emphasis different parts of the song.
📝 Reply