The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mondo Electronics introduces the Mondo 660000
Old 31st January 2010
Mondo Electronics introduces the Mondo 660000

Mondo Electronics of Biggerton, IL today announced the availability of their latest flagship product, the Mondo 660000, touted as the ultimate mastering limiter by various industry insiders who have experienced the so far never publically viewed product. Developed under fairly intense secrecy at their Biggerton-based Manhattan Development Laboratory, they have now released details on the product, with the first units reaching retailers next week.

The Mondo 660000 is a twenty seven band mastering limiter, where each band is a faithful reproduction of the revered Fairchild 660, with the only deviation being a careful tuning of the attack and release constants for each band's frequency range. Containing 540 tubes and, 100 transformers, this 81U rack mounted unit weighs in at 4348 lbs (including special rack and externally mounted diesel generator and 25000 BTU cooling unit.)

Comments from early testers of the unit have been limited, but DJ iPad of Flat Ass Mastering commented today at the press conference, "When I turn this [email protected] on 10, studios across town experience reduced dynamic range." Reputed to be able to produce masters with an average peak level of +2dBFS, this unit promises to be the new word in mastering limiters.

Pricing was not announced at the press conference today, but speculation on the street is that it will be upwards of $300. If market acceptance is high, Mondo spokesman Don Bendher indicated that a 500 rack version was likely.
Old 31st January 2010
Lives for gear

Literal laugh out loud.
Old 31st January 2010
Lives for gear

Will that work with my Fruity Loops, tho?
Old 31st January 2010

Old 31st January 2010
Lives for gear

When's UAD/Waves making a plugin and is it as good as the hardware???
Old 31st January 2010
Lives for gear

there...I did it!
Old 31st January 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdarude View Post

there...I did it!
Don't you feel kind of dirty now?
Old 31st January 2010
Lives for gear

I do......but a man´s gotta do, what a man´s gotta do hehhehheh

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search