The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Something is going on with IK... Amp Sim & Guitar Effects Plugins
Old 8th December 2009
Lives for gear

Exclamation Something is going on with IK...

Hey guys,

Did you see the new pics on Facebook ?!

IK Multimedia | Facebook

Here is the latest I see from IK : they are finally teasing us again what I can assume is a new upcoming product!

But what is it ?! A new guitar based product ? An expansion to AT2 ? A new version of it ?

Well, let's speculate !

By the way, if you recognize something on those pics, feel free to tell the world about it ;-).

Cheers !

Old 8th December 2009
Lives for gear

Sweet Acer computer monitor!
Old 8th December 2009
Lives for gear

- Another model of something that has been (over)done.
Old 8th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliath|Audio View Post
- Another model of something that has been (over)done.
Well, if it sounds better and closer to the real thing, that's not bad isn't it ?
Old 8th December 2009
Lives for gear

Yamaha 02r clone! I'm psyched.
Old 8th December 2009
pro
Gear Addict

A Dumble perhaps?
Old 8th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by XHipHop View Post
Yamaha 02r clone! I'm psyched.
I think that you're looking at the wrong side of the picture.

That would not be a "smart move" from IK.

This console is crap, really. We have one like that in the school I was. Poor hardware...
Old 8th December 2009
Lives for gear

Yeah, looks like a Dumble to me too.
Old 8th December 2009
Lives for gear

My guess :
Some kind of power attenuator hardware which incorperates an AD and will alow you to connect your Tube heads into the computer and use speaker emulation.
Old 8th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Slash View Post
Well, if it sounds better and closer to the real thing, that's not bad isn't it ?
No, don't get me wrong here. I think we really need to have more Amp models, Rotory Speaker sims, Virtual Analog Synths, Emulated EQs and compressors, string libraries, and USB Audio interfaces.
Old 8th December 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliath|Audio View Post
No, don't get me wrong here. I think we really need to have more Amp models, Rotory Speaker sims, Virtual Analog Synths, Emulated EQs and compressors, string libraries, and USB Audio interfaces.
"Everything that can be invented has been invented" - US patent office 1899
Old 8th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Slash View Post
I think that you're looking at the wrong side of the picture.

That would not be a "smart move" from IK.

This console is crap, really. We have one like that in the school I was. Poor hardware...
I was kidding.
Old 8th December 2009
Gear Addict

Sampletank needs a tad love.. Right? - Maybe something will happen there, like.. I know! - the first Iphone sampler app..
Old 8th December 2009
Gear Head

there's a leslie in one of the photos...
Old 8th December 2009
there's a valvetronix amp there. looks cool
Old 9th December 2009
Gear Maniac

Having seen it before my departure, I can say (with no investment in the company save for good friendships and being grateful for my time with the company) that the results are pretty rad. It will be an exciting time I think for fans of the company, they have really listened to what people have asked for in this product category.
Old 9th December 2009
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Bach View Post
really listened to what people have asked for in this product category.

what about listening to people asking for existing products to work correctly?
those t-racks plugs have strange bugs that make them unusable in sonyvegas, unfortunately not obvious at first until it's too late..
waste of $99..
Old 9th December 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finkelstein View Post
what about listening to people asking for existing products to work correctly?
those t-racks plugs have strange bugs that make them unusable in sonyvegas, unfortunately not obvious at first until it's too late..
waste of $99..
Not everyone implements VST correctly. IK holds very tightly to spec, I will def say that. The devs are almost insane in that regard. Lots of good talks with them in my time there about this subject.
Old 9th December 2009
Lives for gear

That is true...I have owned Miroslav Philharmonik for two years and I have NEVER been able to run it on Cubase 4 or Cubase 5.

Works fine in Logic (8 and 9).

tech support had absolutely no idea what to do.

At the time it cost me $499.00.

I also got a 'free' CSR Reverb when i bought Miroslav. Authorization has NEVER worked and I had to do the authorization process each time i opened it.

Again, tech support had no idea how to solve it.

I even offered to ship the whole Miroslav back for a copy that worked. Zero response from Customer Service.

Sorry, perhaps I have vented too much.
Old 9th December 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpec1 View Post
That is true...I have owned Miroslav Philharmonik for two years and I have NEVER been able to run it on Cubase 4 or Cubase 5.

Works fine in Logic (8 and 9).

tech support had absolutely no idea what to do.

At the time it cost me $499.00.

I also got a 'free' CSR Reverb when i bought Miroslav. Authorization has NEVER worked and I had to do the authorization process each time i opened it.

Again, tech support had no idea how to solve it.

I even offered to ship the whole Miroslav back for a copy that worked. Zero response from Customer Service.

Sorry, perhaps I have vented too much.

No such thing as venting too much. What was your issue in Cubase/what kind of system? Sorry for the thread derail....
Old 9th December 2009
Gear Head

Quote:
Not everyone implements VST correctly. IK holds very tightly to spec, I will def say that. The devs are almost insane in that regard. Lots of good talks with them in my time there about this subject.
yeah i know its the 'blame sony' routine
(i assume, no response from ik)

but i run a vast array of 3rd party vst's and they all work,
it's ik that's the odd one out
Old 9th December 2009
Gear Addict

maybe it's for iPhone...... isn't it. I don't care.
Old 9th December 2009
Lives for gear
Looks like Amplitube 3...I'm all for it...I'll buy an upgrade if it pushes the technology further...
Old 9th December 2009
Gear Maniac

That's the thing-when IK put out AmpliTube 1 and T-RackS 1, there were not many modeling products in software (Amp Farm for TDM, none that I can think of as far as mixing/mastering Native), and they rocked for the time. Then when AmpliTube 2 came out, and T-RackS 3 after, they pushed the envelope much further. The same models sounded better. Before I worked for IK I had 2 Fairchild Emu's, and T-RackS 3 made me switch. Even working for the company, if I didn't like it as much I would have used others in my spare time. It was just that good. When the demo comes out for this, I think heads will be turned, even from long time supporters who didn't think the products could get any better. Hell, I'm not even paid to talk about it at this point-I just like the stuff.
Old 9th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
No such thing as venting too much. What was your issue in Cubase/what kind of system? Sorry for the thread derail....
Cubase does not recognize Miroslav as a VST intstrument.

Cubase 4, 4.5. and 5 -- all the same.

Mac OSX
Mac Pro
6 G RAM

Operating system(s) at various times was 10.5.4. up to current Snow Leopard.

It has never shown up in VST instruments in my plug ins folder. It alwas worked in stand alone mode.

AU works fine and, quite frankly, sounds fantastic. Problem is I didn't have access to Miroslav until I started using Logic about 8 months ago.
Old 9th December 2009
Lives for gear

IK is doing great work, selling great stuff against very reasonable prices. Their Fairchild and Pultec emulations are superior to all other attempts, when looking at the method of modelling. Let's hope they do this here as well.
Old 9th December 2009
Gear Addict

maybe it's biasing software??

ml
Old 11th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy View Post
maybe it's biasing software??

ml
Well, I'm biased but I can tell you it is damn good. *groan* I know, bad pun!

There have been new photos posted and just FYI, we'll be doing something special soon - the person who is able to identify every single piece of gear in all the photos (including those forthcoming) will win a free version of this mysterious new doohickey. Just to let you know you can sharpen your pencils and start taking notes of what you see.
Old 11th December 2009
Dont you dare tease us with alot of pics of slutty hardware and then give us another iPhone app
Old 11th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPeters86 View Post
IK is doing great work, selling great stuff against very reasonable prices. Their Fairchild and Pultec emulations are superior to all other attempts, when looking at the method of modelling. Let's hope they do this here as well.
+ double 1

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search