The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
TC ELECTRONIC comes out with 4.0 version for Powercore before the end of the year
Old 20th November 2009
Gear Maniac

TC ELECTRONIC comes out with 4.0 version for Powercore before the end of the year

Check it!

TC Electronic Forum / PowerCore - the plan
+ new plugins in early 2010??

I dont know about you but I'm actually exited about these news.

Daniel
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

Supporting and updating your products should be givens, although for some those givens have become new features, and therefore news, I guess.
Old 20th November 2009
Gear Nut

I guess it's sort of like a new product, if i can actually use my Powercore again. thumbsup

Thanks for the heads-up.
Old 20th November 2009
Gear Maniac

What? it's not getting me banned? What a waste...
Couldnt anyone find just a small slice of insult in this post? ;-)

Anyway, I think this might be TC's come back, lets see.

Daniel
Old 20th November 2009

Well if you really REALLY REEEEAAALLY want to be banned, I'll happily obligue!

Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

Good to hear my Powercore will finally see some new software. MD4, anyone?
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

Hopefully some VSS4 based stuff as well.
Old 20th November 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
Good to hear my Powercore will finally see some new software. MD4, anyone?
... and VSS4 with any luck. The TC post claims that they have genuinely "listened to the users" - and those have got to be two of the most asked-for plug-ins.
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

Wow! I was just about to purchase the Lexicon PCM bundle... I think I'll wait to see what TC comes up with just in case my PoCo may carry VSS4 or even MD4 early next year.

Reading the message from TC, this looks like the case... and after what Lexicon has done, I think it seems like a natural move.
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

How does the VSS4 really compare with the Lexicon stuff? I haven't used them.
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantomen View Post
Reading the message from TC, this looks like the case... and after what Lexicon has done, I think it seems like a natural move.
+ 1 thumbsup
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantomen View Post
Yes... add that to the free TC M30 native plug-in hanging around and you can guess what is coming in the near future.
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

I just bought a Powercore 6000 and a Powercore PCI-e Express

I had my fingers crossed I wasn't buying into a donkey - phew.

Now TC know I'm poised to buy a the new Lex plugin (they're not stupid)
if they release VSS4/ MD4 then they will be getting my money instead of Lex.

Then the Poco 6000 really will be a system 6000 in plugin form. Fingers crossed.

TMY
Old 20th November 2009
Gear Addict

I had my TC Electronic PowerCore Express for sale 3 months ago, I'm really glad I changed my mind before I sold it.
And very exited about these news! thumbsup

Old 20th November 2009
Gear Addict

Great I got a new powercore 6000 two months ago for just 1.500 USD.

What do you think, what kind of plugins will they release?
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Flores View Post
Couldnt anyone find just a small slice of insult in this post? ;-)
No insults that I could see... but here's something to think about: If the news was about TC releasing everything as native plugins (no PoCo needed) the thread would already be 5+ pages long.. not 15 posts and a general collective .
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

vss4 for less than 1900$ would be great news.
Old 20th November 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by clonewar View Post
No insults that I could see... but here's something to think about: If the news was about TC releasing everything as native plugins (no PoCo needed) the thread would already be 5+ pages long.. not 15 posts and a general collective .

I tell you what,
One good thing about DSP is that no cheap ass nerd teenager is not going to buy it because they don't have the money for it. That makes all these plugs exclusive and if you make a living out of it (as I do) there is no problem and no complaints. Most (not all) who cry for Native are using cracked plugs, I am not saying you are but you keep me wondering if this is the case, as you are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
against it.
+ your avatar is really hairy and suspicious ;-)

Anyway, MD4 and a new Compressor would be nice. I think Tc lacks of Comps for different tasks... love the CLB1 but it’s not good for all things…

Daniel
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorg View Post
vss4 for less than 1900$ would be great news.
Don't think that TC will "degrade" their starship reverb VSS4 to powercore, until they develope a "VSS5". Otherwise no need for a $9000 System 6000
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamwerks View Post
Don't think that TC will "degrade" their starship reverb VSS4 to powercore, until they develope a "VSS5". Otherwise no need for a $9000 System 6000
I think they will release VSS4 for Powercore, how many $9000 System 6000 do you think they sell now in 2009.

Zero?

Hasn't lexicon dropped 960, I think yes, replaced by what?
The PCM96 .... they're selling so many of those they don't need to worry about selling plugins. No wait a minute they're releasing the PC96 ....

Caaaa ching!

Software is the new hardware when it comes to FX.

TMY
Old 20th November 2009
So what does VSS4 offer that VSS3 doesn't? As a VSS3 owner, I would be far more inclined to buy the Lexicon software to get a completely different flavor of reverb -- if VSS4 is in the same price ballpark. That is, unless somebody has a really exciting answer to that first question: what can you expect when moving from VSS3 to VSS4?
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:

The VSS4 algorithm generates accurate early reflections based on complex ray-tracing of various generic room types. These include an oval room, cinema, church, theatre, living room, Vienna concert hall, garage, bathroom, hall, and jazz club. Furthermore, up to two input signals can be positioned independently within this modelled acoustic environment to generate credible true stereophonic early reflections and reverberation, the options varying with the selected environment, but typically spanning ±30 degrees with near and distant perspectives. TC Electronic claim this is the best stereo room simulator they have ever developed, but it is very heavy on DSP and memory resources.

I think the Bricasti M7 can do this kinda complex reverb as well.

It's certainly a fantastic algo and I would love to buy it for my Poco.

TMY
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiospace View Post
So what does VSS4 offer that VSS3 doesn't? As a VSS3 owner, I would be far more inclined to buy the Lexicon software to get a completely different flavor of reverb -- if VSS4 is in the same price ballpark. That is, unless somebody has a really exciting answer to that first question: what can you expect when moving from VSS3 to VSS4?
There were some audio examples on GS (probably still are). The VSS4 is stunning, a big steep up sonic wise from VSS3. Bricasti does the VSS4 thing, even better IMO.

System 6000 does surround reverbs like nobody else, and lots more (Mastering -dynamics, EQ)

If I remeber correctly VSS3 was their top of the line up until 2002, then came VSS4, so maybe they will have a new algorythem for the 6000 and put the VSS4 in PoCo or native.
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

Old 21st November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:

I tell you what,
One good thing about DSP is that no cheap ass nerd teenager is not going to buy it because they don't have the money for it. That makes all these plugs exclusive and if you make a living out of it (as I do) there is no problem and no complaints. Most (not all) who cry for Native are using cracked plugs, I am not saying you are but you keep me wondering if this is the case, as you are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
against it.

Anyway, MD4 and a new Compressor would be nice. I think Tc lacks of Comps for different tasks... love the CLB1 but it’s not good for all things…

Daniel
First of all, my avatar may be hairy, but it's not nearly as suspicious as yours!

I have a LOT of $$ tied up in plugins.. over $3000 just in my UAD-2 Quad system alone. I'm just tired of having to deal with issues related to DSP hardware and having to pay for DSP hardware that I would rather not buy. For the cost of another UAD-2 Quad card I can build a nice Core i7 machine loaded with RAM to use as a VI farm machine.

I don't really care about the argument of 'every nerd kid is going to have the same plugins as me', software on both Syncrosoft and iLok dongles have been safe for a while.

And, as a composer/songwriter, I don't really care who else has the same tools.. it's the music that counts. Not only do I set value based on how much a tool will help me create music, but I devalue tools that can cause headaches with my setup...(read: DSP cards).
Old 21st November 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamwerks View Post
There is though. A firewire box is not gonna find a place on a film dubstage, for example, trust me. And their PCI/PCIe cards are underpowered compared to the X8/6000 boxes.

The very high end market will still invest in the original 6k hardware for the robustness.

The low-to-midrange studios will do well with the stability risk inherent in the firewire version.

TC will get money from both, that's the important thing.

And as you mention, perhaps a VSS5 is around the corner?
Old 21st November 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by clonewar View Post

I have a LOT of $$ tied up in plugins.. over $3000 just in my UAD-2 Quad system alone.

And, as a composer/songwriter, I don't really care who else has the same tools.. it's the music that counts. Not only do I set value based on how much a tool will help me create music, but I devalue tools that can cause headaches with my setup...(read: DSP cards).

C'mon man admit it, YOU freaking LOVE DSP!!!
Anyway, as you have already indulged us with your creative thinking and that you really don't care about everyone else, why are you even writing to me about it? I mean do you get anything done? SOOOO Lets hear it?
Don't be shy! Anyone with devaluing thoughts like you should have a discography long as the Nile.
Give it to us, show it! Brag a little... Give me something to tie your words of wisdom too. Or are you just shooting in the dark?

C’mon I dare you to find an insult here so you don’t have to answer, fits you better right? I guess so.

Daniel
Old 21st November 2009
Lives for gear

Sounds good to me...
Old 21st November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:

I tell you what,
against it.

Daniel
Ugh.

You are just an awful human being.

I wish you would just... go away. For real.

Please just... go away...

- c
Old 21st November 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya View Post
Ugh.

You are just an awful human being.

I wish you would just... go away. For real.

Please just... go away...

- c
and YOU, Mr, you are just perfect!
Man, the day you realize that the business is about difference of opinions and that it's HARD and UGLY out there, your tiny GS bubble will burst and not even mommy will help you pay your rent (and I'm not saying she is). I'm guessing (as you always try to pick on me) that you can't be successful enough with what you are doing with your life.
Haven’t you learned yet that I WON’T SHUT up for you? Like I told you LAST TIME, I at least have the guts to write my REAL name in the avatar... Why are you hiding? Scared?,
Yeah you are the man, bring it!

D
Closed
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear