The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Cartec EQP-1A Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 25th November 2009
Gear Head

Thumbs up

Hola everybody,

Just quickly mention that these EQ units sound really good indeed...
Its been already more than 3 months since I bought a pair of these ( the first ones after prototype design, bluceface ) and they are very addictive.

Been mixing recently few records with these two babies accross the mix bus all the time, just few dBs at 60cps and few more around 12Kcps/16Kcps.
Incredible rounded low end energy added and sparkling shiny tops!

Best thing to easily get rid of ( so much heard nowadays ) DIGITITIS

Of course these Cartecs doesnt sound the same as a real EQP1-A, but everybody knows that!!!, its obvious why...

Nothing sounds like a real pultec, BUT if for half the price pretty much I can get more than 90% of the original vibe/feel/sound/magic and much better reliability, its a done deal!

Bring it on!
Old 25th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanEspinosa View Post
Hola everybody,

Just quickly mention that these EQ units sound really good indeed...
Its been already more than 3 months since I bought a pair of these ( the first ones after prototype design, bluceface ) and they are very addictive.

Been mixing recently few records with these two babies accross the mix bus all the time, just few dBs at 60cps and few more around 12Kcps/16Kcps.
Incredible rounded low end energy added and sparkling shiny tops!

Best thing to easily get rid of ( so much heard nowadays ) DIGITITIS

Of course these Cartecs doesnt sound the same as a real EQP1-A, but everybody knows that!!!, its obvious why...

Nothing sounds like a real pultec, BUT if for half the price pretty much I can get more than 90% of the original vibe/feel/sound/magic and much better reliability, its a done deal!

Bring it on!

Nice, starting to like that "BRITISH" racing green. Reminds of the cars their.
Old 25th November 2009
Engagement Manager

Old 26th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperschool View Post

last week we A/B'd cartecs against a well maintained pair of originals everyone in the room preferred the cartecs
i doubt any of us expected that to be the case beforehand
From different perspective.
Real issue is that many EQs are in or around sonic ballpark of Pultecs and so far people just hear difference to vintage classics.
Being close or better doesn't mean a lot for guy who is looking for real deal (even at 10k), look at situation with mics where 1,5 k mic is prety close to good 6k clone of 20k vintage original.
With abundance of excellent tube and specially non-tube EQs on the market today having real or very close to real thing is not imperative anymore.
Bottom line is that these modern clones are result of expectation that association with vintage will be good marketing point (what obviously is) for selling package of well assembled modern parts based on proven design of decades ago, so consecutivelly with no R&D involved.
Old 26th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GYang View Post
From different perspective.
Real issue is that many EQs are in or around sonic ballpark of Pultecs and so far people just hear difference to vintage classics.
Being close or better doesn't mean a lot for guy who is looking for real deal (even at 10k), look at situation with mics where 1,5 k mic is prety close to good 6k clone of 20k vintage original.
With abundance of excellent tube and specially non-tube EQs on the market today having real or very close to real thing is not imperative anymore.
Bottom line is that these modern clones are result of expectation that association with vintage will be good marketing point (what obviously is) for selling package of well assembled modern parts based on proven design of decades ago, so consecutivelly with no R&D involved.
I recognize English is not your first language and I respect anyone who can speak multiple languages.

That being said, I have no idea what you're saying here.

Are you saying that it has to be exact or it's worthless? All Pultecs sound different from one another, so this is not possible.

I think they're asking that people judge this EQ on whether they like it or not. It's closely, exactingly modeled after a Pultec and that's all they're saying here. But I think they're clearly telegraphing that is its own product.

For one thing, Pultecs aren't green.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, though. Please try again?

- c
Old 26th November 2009
Engagement Manager

Old 26th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya View Post
I recognize English is not your first language Please try again?

- c
Sorry, it was hard day and rather late at night.
My post addressed (Pultecs) cloning phenomenon and historical name association as substitute for lack of fresh ideas to enter market with something really great, but new (same goes for years with variations of Neve, Telefunken, Trident etc., etc.).
This subject is likely not worth further discussion.
Peace.
Old 11th December 2009
Engagement Manager

Old 11th December 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya View Post
I think I can speak for the entire GS community when I say none of us are shocked at this news.

- c
you mean, you didn't want more gear with sick tribal dragon tattoo's?
Old 29th September 2010
Lives for gear

Can anyone tell me what the status is on U.S. distribution for this product?

I am interested.

- c
Old 3rd October 2010
Lives for gear

Is anyone handling this for the U.S.?

What's going on?

- c

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search