The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Free TC Electornic M30 Reverb! Hurry! It's only a 3 days promo... Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 21st November 2009
Lives for gear

thumbsup thumbsup
Old 21st November 2009
Cool post, Sean. So what about something like Virsyn's REFLECT?

E_REFLECT
Old 21st November 2009
ValhallaDSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal3 View Post
Cool post, Sean. So what about something like Virsyn's REFLECT?

E_REFLECT
I think that the approach used in this plugin is a great idea. Convolution for the early reflections, plus an algorithmically generated tail, allows for the precise imaging of the first 150 milliseconds which is critical for the impression of a physical space. The late reverberation is handled by some sort of recursive delay process, which allows for the time variation needed for a realistic large space model, or the nonrealistic yet super cool sounds of excess modulation. You will also have a fixed CPU cost for the process, as the convolution is only used for the early signal, and a constant cost algorithm is used for the tail.

Such an approach could probably be approximated in many modern DAWs, by using the built in convolution reverb for the early reflections, and an algorithmic reverb plugin in series or parallel for the late decay. In Logic, you could use Space Designer, and truncate an impulse response so it quickly fades away after the first 100 to 200 msec. The late reverb could be handled by something like Silververb (which has decent modulation if you set the phase to -180 degrees between channels), the free TC reverb in this thread, or of course the great and mighty Eos. You will need to match the level between the two algorithms, but this is the case with most algorithms that use early reflections as a separate process.
Old 21st November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancostello View Post
Convolution for the early reflections, plus an algorithmically generated tail
Nice advice! I've heard some nice mockup using this approach. I just picked up an M7 and Altiverb and am giving it a go. Not sure about truncating at 200ms in Altiverb but it must be possible. The stage positions (multi IR's) for samples (VSL) seems to enhance the "realism"
Old 21st November 2009
Lives for gear

spikes and loud noise with rtas wrapper, mac pro, pthd 801cs1

couldn´t believe a modern plugin could cause that, but it may not be tc´s fault cause of the wrapper.
Old 22nd November 2009
Here for the gear

I missed it. Just wondering if anyone willing to share. Would it be possible or it required ilok?
Old 22nd November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamwerks View Post
Nice advice! I've heard some nice mockup using this approach. I just picked up an M7 and Altiverb and am giving it a go. Not sure about truncating at 200ms in Altiverb but it must be possible. The stage positions (multi IR's) for samples (VSL) seems to enhance the "realism"
Yea. That's why I'm eagerly waiting for Acousticas's acoustic IRs package which i assume will come with multi stage IRs to do just that. I'd go with MIR(VSL) but it's out of my price range and it's a standalone application(like) as it is and would require to work with 1 Pc only and that PC would have to be an absolute beats etc.. I'd rather wait for MIR to be available as vst(assuming it will in the future..) , but even then the price is just too much for me right now. Of course Alverb is a good alternative but it's not cheap either. I think a good, affordable, set of IRs with multiple position will do fine.

For now, I'm thinking about jumping on that Reflect deal.

BTW, I'm surprise there isn't more talk about HydridReverb. Sound good to my ears.
Old 23rd November 2009
Hi Guyz... seems that TC will release some other plug in the future...

maybe a get-to-go compressor ??
Old 23rd November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustacheVerra View Post
Of course Alverb is a good alternative but it's not cheap either.
MIR (from VSL) is probably a tad better than Altiverb but not the the extra cost to me. I've seen (and bought) Altiverb here in GS Classified for $400. Well worth it for orchestral mock ups IMHO. And nothing better than an M7 for the tail. thumbsup
Old 23rd November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamwerks View Post
MIR (from VSL) is probably a tad better than Altiverb but not the the extra cost to me. I've seen (and bought) Altiverb here in GS Classified for $400. Well worth it for orchestral mock ups IMHO. And nothing better than an M7 for the tail. thumbsup
The real problem i have with Altiverb is i can only install it on 1 computer because of their protection system. I would have to be able to use it on 3 computer at least. Other than that it would be perfect for me. And i would love to get their excellent IR library. If MIR comes out as VST in the future, I'm sure I'll be given 3 keys so i can us it on 3 Pc like VE Pro and the Vienna suite.

Mean while, I'm looking for multiple stage IR i can use in whatever convo i want.

I agree the M7 would probably be ideal for tail but i can afford that either at the moment and probably not for a long time.
Old 9th December 2009
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihsahn1981 View Post
Anyone got this to work in Cubase 5.1?
Just wont show up in my plugin list here.

I can see the .dll file in the Vstplugins folder too..
Yep same here! Still no go!
Old 9th December 2009
Gear Addict

Version 1.02 just released.
Old 9th December 2009
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by maaaquemeseyo View Post
Version 1.02 just released.
Just got the link in my email.
Old 9th December 2009
Here for the gear

It's a free update if you got in on the original free download.
Old 9th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by breit72 View Post
Yep same here! Still no go!
..works great here.

Try setting your Cubase Plug-ins preferences to display plug-in by manufacturer and then look in the TC Electronic A/S folder for it.
Old 9th December 2009
Lives for gear

You've got the whole snow leopard community waiting months for powercore drivers , yet TC use their resources to make free reverbs and when their free reverb doesn't work properly they even make an update , shame theres not the dedication towards their paying customers.
Old 10th December 2009
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by cane creek View Post
shame theres not the dedication towards their paying customers.
They are shameless.

I believe they just want to sell as much as they can in December - this is why they gave free reverb, this is why they promised working drivers for Christmas. People stopped repelling others from TC, so they achieved their goal heh

Please note that they did not specify if they meant this Christmas or Christmas 2010...
Old 11th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cane creek View Post
You've got the whole snow leopard community waiting months for powercore drivers , yet TC use their resources to make free reverbs and when their free reverb doesn't work properly they even make an update , shame theres not the dedication towards their paying customers.
All Powercore Reverbs were 'fixed' recently to overcome a DSP corruption bug. So I don't have a ****ing clue what you're talking about.

I also have (edit: 64bit) V4 beta drivers so WTF are you talking about?
Old 11th December 2009
Lives for gear

This is a great little plug! Thanks TC!!!
Old 15th December 2012
Here for the gear

hey all,

I know it's a pretty slim chance but I was just wondering if anyone had the .dmg file for this reverb kicking about? My production partner uses this and it's great but he's lost the DMG too!

Thanks
Tim
Old 15th December 2012
Lives for gear

I think I have it somewhere.
PM me if you cannot get hold of it...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search