The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Free TC Electornic M30 Reverb! Hurry! It's only a 3 days promo... Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 16th November 2009
Gear Addict

thanks for the tip.
as a free reverb plugin, it's not bad.

however, I prefer the tc powercore VSS3 and the UAD reverb.
Old 16th November 2009
Gear Addict

How does it sound in comparison to the TC DVR?
Old 16th November 2009
Gear Head

Logic 9.0.2 , 10.6.1
Well... if you really want to check out how 0db white noise sounds in your headphones : go ahead !
that was just horrible... *uninstall*
Old 16th November 2009
OMU
Lives for gear

To me it sounds somewhere in between Fabrik R and Classicverb.
Old 16th November 2009
Lives for gear

OT: if you're looking for jawdropping reverb at a jawdropping price, I recommend this.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

cheers,
c
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron160 View Post
Logic 9.0.2 , 10.6.1
Well... if you really want to check out how 0db white noise sounds in your headphones : go ahead !
that was just horrible... *uninstall*
Dude...
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMU View Post
To me it sounds somewhere in between Fabrik R and Classicverb.
Personally I find it not only does weird phasing but it's got a cloaked sound.
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya View Post
OT: if you're looking for jawdropping reverb at a jawdropping price, I recommend this.

cheers,
c
Got to agree the samples sound good. It reminds me of the Eventide sound and knowing that Casey from Bricasti has commended the algo developer, it's on my short list.
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

Very nice of TC but I don't find the sound of it usable. For me, it's a veil of sound and sort of made things "smaller"
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

i just wasted 5mb for this.........

bull****!
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihsahn1981 View Post
Anyone got this to work in Cubase 5.1?
Just wont show up in my plugin list here.

I can see the .dll file in the Vstplugins folder too..
Works fine for me. If your setup is anything like mine, you've got two vstplugins folders. You need to put it in the one in the Cubase 5 folder.
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Nomad View Post
Got to agree the samples sound good. It reminds me of the Eventide sound and knowing that Casey from Bricasti has commended the algo developer, it's on my short list.
Yes, Sean has a winner here!

I have been listening for the last week to a new (beta) native plugin from a developer in Europe. It absolutely nails the 480 sound (as opposed to the 960 or 96 sound). I really like it. Should drop before the end of the year. No idea on pricing, but probably much less than $1899.

Please read this carefully, this is NOT a Bricasti product, nor do I have anything to do with the company! stike

I love the resurgence of new reverbs. It will be interesting to see what TC does with their new native line. Harman and TC have always marched in lockstep. It will be interesting to see what new native developments come out of Denmark.

-Casey
Old 17th November 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post

I have been listening for the last week to a new (beta) native plugin from a developer in Europe. It absolutely nails the 480 sound (as opposed to the 960 or 96 sound). I really like it. Should drop before the end of the year. No idea on pricing, but probably much less than $1899.

Please read this carefully, this is NOT a Bricasti product, nor do I have anything to do with the company! stike

I love the resurgence of new reverbs. It will be interesting to see what TC does with their new native line. Harman and TC have always marched in lockstep. It will be interesting to see what new native developments come out of Denmark.

-Casey
I thought this is what X-verb was? ( not the native part ).
Old 17th November 2009
Gear Guru

Does anybody else see this as a clever preemptive strike to try and lessen the upcoming Lexicon plugin release?
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG_MYDUS View Post
I thought this is what X-verb was? ( not the native part ).
Sonically yes, I really like it too! I think it has been hurt by SSL's inability to create a stable Duende environment. I hope (as a Duende owner) that this is improved. Their plugs are great!

-Casey
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:

-Casey
If I were that developer I'd announce that product NOW, so folks don't spend their hard earned 2k on that 96 bundle if something as great is around the corner. I'd love to hear samples personally.

Personally, X-Verb did not deliver what I had hoped, maybe this plug will be it.
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Nomad View Post
For me it's working fine on the Mac Pro Quad - Logic 9.02 - OS X 10.6.1

Started playing around with a few patches Acoustic guitars (Omnisphere) and piano (Motif XS) but felt it was doing something to the sound so I ran a 1Khz sine into it panned hard left and set Pre-Delay: 0, Decay Time:.1 and Hi color: 0.
Both the Waves and Logic correlation meters show phase issues. Panning hard right returns the signal close to center.
Then I thought I 'd give some drums and loops a bash and changing a preset emitted nothing but an extremely loud burst of noise. So dfegad M30 Freebie...

This is not the first time I'm having hassles with TC's Plug-in Verbs either. As an owner of the Konnect 48 and the PowerCore I can't use my wonderful TC reverbs cause they are prone to weird digital noises.
Perhaps you should go and download the fixes and start using them

A post of mine on the TC forum:

"Fabrik R and the rest of the verbs are fixed..... have been for at least a week or two.

You have to download and manually install the Fabrik R plug from here:
http://tcsupport.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/t … faqid=2591

AND

If you are using VSS3 etc you must also get the rest of the 'verbs from here:
http://forum.tcelectronic.com/viewtopic.php?id=4807

All the reverbs were subject to crackling when a Fabrik C was inserted and thus all 'verbs were rewritten.

They work fine for me now."
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundsgoodtome View Post
I've put the reverb on an auxiliary track in wich I sent a guitar track.While I was scrolling presets it suddenly peaked to the roof(no sound,and just on the output meter) and just would'nt go down until I removed the plugin from the slot...sounds good but does'nt look usable,stable...
Same happened here using the VST to RTAS converter, PT LE 8.0.1, OS X 10.5.7.
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:

cheers,
c
100% agree. Best reverb value on the market IMHO.
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLueROom View Post
100% agree. Best reverb value on the market IMHO.
Yup!
Old 17th November 2009
F5D
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
Does anybody else see this as a clever preemptive strike to try and lessen the upcoming Lexicon plugin release?
Exactly my thoughts. Anyway, I am a TC fan and own a powercore and several of their hw boxes.
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted User View Post
yup

fuuck TC
i was already wondering after first check, to be the only one not to be impressed (should i have been coz of the TC logo on it?).
artificial, all presets sound the same, thin and static! another proof how biased people are and don't use their ears!
(after reading: wow! awesome! in alot of the first comments)

all the free reverbs by small developers that i have are more usefull and versatile.

.....TC M30 is another plugin that ends in my trash!
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
wouldnt mind seeing two zeros more on the M30
Old 17th November 2009
Quote:

-Casey
woah! this is BIG news! Just before I arrived at this thread I was wondering 'what other options are there to high end reverb ITB?'.

Im not sure I want to invest in TC or Duende hardware - and the Lexi plugins I cannot justify....

Would love to hear any more info on this upcoming reverb...any hints on the developer? (Not TC I hope....some cool new company...?)
Old 17th November 2009
Gear Head

Quote:

cheers,
c
No demo version? I'd like to decide for myself if it's jawdropping or not...
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

Works fine on cubase 4.5.2 with 2008 octo mac osx 10.5.6

Ben
Old 17th November 2009
TZk
Gear Maniac

It does ?
Switch some presets...

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital 1010 View Post
Works fine on cubase 4.5.2 with 2008 octo mac osx 10.5.6

Ben
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ssa View Post
Perhaps you should go and download the fixes and start using them

A post of mine on the TC forum:

"Fabrik R and the rest of the verbs are fixed..... have been for at least a week or two.

You have to download and manually install the Fabrik R plug from here:
http://tcsupport.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/t … faqid=2591

AND

If you are using VSS3 etc you must also get the rest of the 'verbs from here:
http://forum.tcelectronic.com/viewtopic.php?id=4807

All the reverbs were subject to crackling when a Fabrik C was inserted and thus all 'verbs were rewritten.

They work fine for me now."

Will try this again as I've done a rollback to Leopard as Snow don't like Omnisphere on Logic. But when I did try theses new fixes two weeks ago I still had issues and got tired of the whole switch on off sequence to get the PoCo working stable under Snow.
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsstar View Post
It does ?
Switch some presets...
Yep done that too,works fine ?

I was trying the different halls and settled on the long dark hall in the end.

Even saved it as a default project send reopened the project and still fine

Ben
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancostello View Post
It would be interesting to try this test with other reverbs. Most reverbs mess with phase a LOT, which will show up as correlation issues with a single sine wave. Try varying the frequency of the sine, and see how the correlation meter changes.
Sean, I only just realized it was you who replied.

it's scary what results some reverb plug-ins give.
Also nice for checking out impulses.

PS: I can't wait to get my hands on the Eos plug which will hopefully be soon.
Are you a fan of the Eventide verbs?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search