The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Platinum Samples: Real Jazz MIDI Groove Pack Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 5th October 2009
Platinum Samples: Real Jazz MIDI Groove Pack

Platinum Samples and John Emrich are pleased to announce the release of their Real Jazz MIDI Groove
Pack
. Real Jazz is the definitive Jazz MIDI groove collection featuring both stick and brush grooves.

Real Jazz is an immense collection of over 2,100 actual live, jazz grooves recorded as a real performance on
an electronic drum set at specific tempos.

Jazz has to swing, and it has to groove --- the key is the swing eighth note, which in jazz has a slightly
different inflection at different tempos. Each tempo category in Real Jazz was recorded for accuracy to
capture the correct relationship of the notes in the swing pattern. With all of the different tempos represented
in this collection, it is easy to keep the correct swing feel intact. The MIDI grooves include 2-beats, 3/4,
4/4, 5/4, ballads, and shuffles for both sticks and brushes. Real Jazz even includes some bop and jungle
grooves.

This definitive jazz collection features the first real usable set of brush patterns for MIDI. By using the
sweep articulations available in drum VST and Core Audio instruments, the Real Jazz grooves replicate the
correct sound and feel of playing brushes.

This multi-format collection includes grooves formatted as BFD2 palettes, BFD 1.5 bundles, as well as
General MIDI Standard MIDI Files which can be used with any GM compatible drum software or hardware
--- this includes drum machines and synthesizers which have drum sounds.

Platinum Samples and John Emrich are two of the foremost producers of drum samples in the world, with
over 50 years of experience in the professional music industry, and now they have turned their attention to
developing MIDI Grooves. Real Jazz was recorded over a five-day session by John Emrich on a Yamaha
DTXtremeIII Special electronic drum set. No quantization, mouse clicks, or pastes were used – we leave
that to you. Use this as the starting point for all your future jazz needs, as well as a creative catalyst for
other musical styles. Real Jazz is like having your own personal jazz drummer.

Real Jazz is available now as a download from Platinum Samples’ website and includes BFD2 groove
palettes, BFD 1.5 groove bundles and GM Standard MIDI files for $35.00

Please visit the www.platinumsamples.com web site for additional information.
Old 5th October 2009
Lives for gear

Great news, I'm gonna pick this up ! thumbsup
Old 5th October 2009
Lives for gear
Awesome!! I will definitely be picking up that soon, because I want and need more grooves!!

Are you guys taking requests? It would be great to have more Zeppelin/Deep Purple/Queen-style rock that grooves and swings, as well as some wild world music beats.
Old 5th October 2009
Lives for gear
Snaffled.

ns
Old 6th October 2009
Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indravayu View Post
Are you guys taking requests? It would be great to have more Zeppelin/Deep Purple/Queen-style rock that grooves and swings, as well as some wild world music beats.
Our next groove pack will be a metal oriented pack played by Bobby Jarzombek (Halford).

Cheers,

Rail
Old 11th October 2009
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumSamples View Post
Thanks guys!

Our next groove pack will be a metal oriented pack played by Bobby Jarzombek (Halford).

Cheers,

Rail
Cool - I look forward to checking that out as well. Do you have an estimate on a release date yet?
Old 11th October 2009
No, sorry - just starting to cut up the grooves next week. I'll post when they're ready.

Cheers,

Rail
Old 11th October 2009
Lives for gear

Nice work !! thumbsup

BTW There's a real shortage great Steely Dan sounding grooves !
Old 12th October 2009
Lives for gear

I think this jazz related collection fills a hole in the market, well done.

Testing it right now, more news soon
Old 22nd October 2009
Thanks guys!

I posted a Superior Drummer 2.0 preset for the Jazz SDX for these on our forum BTW

Rail
Old 1st January 2010
Here for the gear

Just stumbled across this topic and went to check out the site. The jazz grooves are quite impressive, but not my style right now. So I went to the store section of the site, thinking I might find a collection of Rock midi grooves.... for a similar price..... but it looks those are all actual drum recordings, not just midi grooves, for 6x the price.

Any plans to release some Rock midi grooves in a similar price bracket?
Old 1st January 2010
We're working on our Bobby Jarzombek Metal Grooves pack right now...

Thanks,

Rail

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search