The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Eleven Rack is...
Old 22nd September 2009
Here for the gear

Eleven Rack is...

It's out there on the interwebs if you search for it. Courtesy of Bing.com. Though I doubt they'll be sticking with the $164 price tag... Oops.

Schilke Eleven Rack Guitar Multi Effects Processor - Free Shipping, Lowest Prices on Brass Accessories at Music & Arts

Unit size, boxed. 16.3" x 23.5" x 8.7". Unit size, unboxed. 11.0" x 19.0 in x 3.5". Unit weight, boxed. 17.3 lb.. Unit Weight, unboxed. 12.1 lb.. Minimum System Requirements
. (for Pro Tools LE Software). PC:. Windows Vista (32-bit) with SP2, or Windows XP (32-bit) with SP3*. 1GB RAM. (1) Available USB 2.0 port. DVD drive. *Home and Professional Editions only; Windows Media Center not supported. Mac:. Mac OS X 10.5.5 with G5 or Intel processor. 1GB RAM. (1) Available USB 2.0 port. DVD drive.
  • Unique True-Z auto-impedance matching guitar input
  • Incredible emulations of classic guitar amp tones inspired by Fender, Vox, Marshall, Soldano, and Mesa Boogie amps*
  • Refined collection of sought-after classic stompbox tones inspired by effects from Fender, Electro-Harmonix, Ibanez, ProCo, Univox, and more*
  • Powerful collection of studio-quality rackmount effects processors
  • Convolution-based cabinet emulations deliver unprecedented realism in cabinet tones
  • Convolution-based microphone emulations inspired by classic dynamic, condenser, and ribbon mic designs
  • Integrated FX loop switchable to incorporate existing mono or stereo rack and stompbox effects
  • Two dedicated 1/4" outputs designed to connect with amplifiers
  • Powerful foot control options using affordable MIDI controllers and expression pedals
  • Flexible I/O routing and functionality enables unit to be used in conjunction with nearly any existing rig setup
  • Easily incorporate the exact same tones you develop in your studio recordings in a live setting
  • Built-in tuner
  • Tap-tempo control of time-based effects
  • * Eleven Rack is not connected with, or approved or endorsed by, the owners of Electro-Harmonix, Fender, Ibanez, Marshall, Mesa/Boogie, ProCo, Soldano, Univox, and Vox names. These names are used solely to identify the guitar amplifiers and effects emulated by Eleven Rack.
  • Pro Tools LE Music Software
  • Award-winning Pro Tools LE 8 recording, editing, and mixing software, now optimized for guitar players
  • Powerful Eleven Rack control window for creating/editing Eleven Rack rig settings right from Pro Tools software
  • Records both dry and processed signals simultaneously, with recallable rig settings embedded into audio files
  • Includes over 70 professional effects, including reverb, delay, chorus, distortion, flanger, phaser, reverse, EQ, and compression
  • Powerful virtual instruments for creating backing tracks, including a drum machine, tone wheel organ, piano, synthesizer, and synth/sample workstation
  • Eleven Rack Hardware
  • High-speed USB 2.0 connection
  • DSP-accelerated audio interface so you won't have to worry about latency when recording
  • Supports up to 8 simultaneous channels of high-resolution recording up to 24-bit/96 kHz
  • Stereo balanced XLR outputs and dedicated 1/4" outputs designed to connect with amplifiers
  • XLR mic input with 48V phantom power
  • Two 1/4" line-level inputs for keyboards, drum machines, etc.
  • AES/EBU and S/PDIF stereo digital I/O
  • Stereo 1/4" headphone jack
  • 1 x 1 MIDI I/O

Product Details
Digidesign Eleven Rack Guitar Multi Effects Processor
Digidesign's Eleven Rack is a revolutionary guitar recording system designed to solve the challenges guitarists face in the studio. Eleven Rack uses a unique tone cloning design and one-of-a-kind, custom-designed True-Z input to re-create the experience of playing through a mic'd amp. By combining studio-standard Pro Tools software with a DSP-accelerated high-resolution interface, Eleven Rack puts professional recording into the hands of every guitar player. Whether you're tracking in the studio or playing on stage, this rackmountable multi-effects processor delivers fresh, mind-blowing, hyper-realistic guitar amp and effects tones that will inspire your best performances.

Digidesign Eleven Rack in the Studio

Eleven Rack combines studio-standard Pro Tools software with a high-resolution, dual DSP-powered audio interface, so you'll never have to worry about latency when recording, thanks to its built-in amp/effects tones, nor will your computer have to carry the processing burden. Additionally, Eleven Rack takes re-amping to the next level by recording both dry and processed guitar signals simultaneously, allowing you to re-amplify later without patching a single cable. Digidesign even found a way to embed the Eleven Rack amp and effects settings into the audio tracks you record, enabling you to automatically recall those settings from your audio files on any Pro Tools system with the Eleven Rack.

Digidesign Eleven Rack On Stage

Eleven Rack also rocks onstage as a standalone amp tone and effects signal processor. Digidesign pulled out all the stops to make sure it sounds and feels just like playing through the real deal. The guitar effects processor comes with a classic collection of guitar effects, from must-have stompboxes to world-class rackmount studio processors. Eleven Rack has all the I/O flexibility you need to integrate it into your existing rig, and easily incorporate the tones you've recorded with into your live setup—closing the gap between studio and stage. Eleven Rack rackmount processor also offers incredibly powerful control options using affordable MIDI controllers and expression pedals, giving you full foot control over everything from vintage wah effects to tempo-driven delays and more.
Order today with the no-risk assurance of our Total Satisfaction and Low Price Guarantees!
Unit size, boxed
16.3" x 23.5" x 8.7"
Unit size, unboxed
11.0" x 19.0 in x 3.5"
Unit weight, boxed
17.3 lb.
Unit Weight, unboxed
12.1 lb.
Minimum System Requirements

(for Pro Tools LE Software)
PC:
Windows Vista (32-bit) with SP2, or Windows XP (32-bit) with SP3*
1GB RAM
(1) Available USB 2.0 port
DVD drive
*Home and Professional Editions only; Windows Media Center not supported
Mac:
Mac OS X 10.5.5 with G5 or Intel processor
1GB RAM
(1) Available USB 2.0 port
DVD drive
Old 22nd September 2009
Lives for gear

That would be insane. $164 for an 8 channel LE interface with AES/EBU and reamping modes built it!

Sounds cool
Old 22nd September 2009
Here for the gear

if you try and by it, it gives you two options for a gold schilke mouthpiece. I tried...Prices like that would put Behringer out of business...
Old 22nd September 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProToolSpoiler View Post
if you try and by it, it gives you two options for a gold schilke mouthpiece. I tried...Prices like that would put Behringer out of business...

or maybe this is the hidden trumpet re-amp feature?
Old 22nd September 2009
Lives for gear
So another bizzare product release that the majority of LE users couldn't give half a sh!t about. Cool.

If you have a MacPro of any variety, you can already record with Eleven, and almost non-existent latency. I do it everyday.
So who is this thing for?

That being said, this is interesting:
Quote:
Digidesign even found a way to embed the Eleven Rack amp and effects settings into the audio tracks you record, enabling you to automatically recall those settings from your audio files on any Pro Tools system with the Eleven Rack.
So, how many Eleven tracks/instances will it power at once? That would be great to know. If it's not infinite, who cares.......
Old 22nd September 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundrick View Post
If it's not infinite, who cares.......
Infinite? So it should have infinite DSP power?
Old 22nd September 2009
Lives for gear

This sounds very interesting! Would be interested if the pricepoint stands there!

Old 22nd September 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
It's out there on the interwebs if you search for it. Courtesy of Bing.com. Though I doubt they'll be sticking with the $164 price tag... Oops.
Huh?

You mean they'll take money for this? I just got POD Farm for free!

See, it's right here:
http://www.line6.com/news/offers/864

I may be willing to try the digi-thing if they pay me.
Old 22nd September 2009
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiff View Post
Infinite? So it should have infinite DSP power?
Yes. Infinite.

OR, give us ADC/PDC for LE.......

Either one of those things. Seems like the latter would have been easier, and hit the mark. but, eh......
Old 22nd September 2009
Lives for gear

I suppose it may be useful in a live rig. But not for me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundrick View Post
So another bizzare product release that the majority of LE users couldn't give half a sh!t about. Cool.

If you have a MacPro of any variety, you can already record with Eleven, and almost non-existent latency. I do it everyday.
So who is this thing for?

That being said, this is interesting:

So, how many Eleven tracks/instances will it power at once? That would be great to know. If it's not infinite, who cares.......
Old 22nd September 2009
Lives for gear

50 Billion dollars says the price is wrong.....

....Not that I know anything about it....
Old 22nd September 2009
Gear Head

Eleven rack is....... ghey.
Old 22nd September 2009
Lives for gear

Curious to see how it manages to have eight recording inputs.

1 guitar input
1 mic input (XLR with phantom)
2 line level inputs "for keyboards"
2 digital inputs -- S/PDIF and AES/EBU — as a rule, devices support one or the other for input, not both at the same time.

I wonder if "2 line level inputs" actually means 2 stereo line-level inputs. Guess we'll see in a day or two.

JSL
Old 22nd September 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslevin View Post
Curious to see how it manages to have eight recording inputs.

1 guitar input
1 mic input (XLR with phantom)
2 line level inputs "for keyboards"
2 digital inputs -- S/PDIF and AES/EBU — as a rule, devices support one or the other for input, not both at the same time.

I wonder if "2 line level inputs" actually means 2 stereo line-level inputs. Guess we'll see in a day or two.

JSL
I'm guessing that it has both a S/PDIF port and AES/EBU that are independent... so perhaps 4 of those input channels are via digital? That would actually be sort of sweet. I'd rather have 8, but 4 for a USB Digi interface is not too shabby.
Old 22nd September 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopQuantum View Post
50 Billion dollars says the price is wrong.....

....Not that I know anything about it....
It sems it has two versions.
The Gold 149 and the standard 899.
Old 23rd September 2009
Lives for gear
I was all excited for a second, but then I realized that the DSP accelerated performance is nothing but the "low latency monitoring" from 003...oh well...
Old 23rd September 2009
Gear Addict
well sign of things to come

I reckon this is the best way for avid to go, accelerated dsp boxes for the LE range, leave HD as it is bundle customized DSP plugs similar to UAD BUT more restricted this way they dont devalue HD. E.G a massive DSP rack with bundles 1, 2 , 3 if you want to pick and choose get HD for everything else choose your rack or buy them all. price it at about $500 a rack like a really nice multieffects except with accelerated DSP boxes. To add to it allow it to also run on HD if needed be, they will compete with UAD who are doing a damn great job. Also allow this box to run standalone or with other DAWs to get digi plugs working with it as well.
Old 23rd September 2009

Old 23rd September 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
Couldn't agree more, although the on-board dsp is an interesting baby step in a positive direction and the fact that they finally made the USB leap from 1 to 2 is also interesting. Still, no ADC =
Old 23rd September 2009
Gear Addict

The convolution stuff might be interesting.. slightly, that is...
Old 23rd September 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubnick View Post
Couldn't agree more, although the on-board dsp is an interesting baby step in a positive direction and the fact that they finally made the USB leap from 1 to 2 is also interesting. Still, no ADC =
On board DSP is a step in the right direction for LE users. It opens the door for the next possibility.

I think the writing is already on the wall at Digidesign about ADC. I have a really strong feeling that a new version is around the corner.... cough cough NAB in April cough cough.
Old 23rd September 2009
Gear Head

From audiomidi newsletter:

"Digi's Eleven Rack guitar amp/effect simulator is a two-rack space standalone unit with custom designed True-Z input to accurately replicate the mic'd amp experience. Eleven's dual DSP-powered audio interface lets guitarists rock out with zero-latency, and offers stunning emulations of ten classic guitar amps, seven cabs, seven mics and 16 effects. Plus Eleven lets guitarists record dry guitar signal and amp-modeled tone simultaneously for reamping later on."

Old 23rd September 2009
Lives for gear

Did they mention a price and does it come with LE?
Old 23rd September 2009
Gear Head

No price mention so far and yes, it's supposed to come with LE.
Old 23rd September 2009
Lives for gear

Looks like it's selling for $899 and there's no mention of any "gold" or "standard" models...which didn't really make sense anyhow...
Old 23rd September 2009
rotary encoders, external DSP. i actually like the look of this. i have no use for it but being an LE user the future looks to be betting brighter.

as usual no ones actually heard it and everyone hates it already.
Old 23rd September 2009
Lives for gear
digidesign LE hardware is known to be pretty garbage. I wonder how this thing will be. I use the mbox and 002 as a dongle and use external converters and pres because they are so terrible. I like that it has aes in though. thats awesome. I wonder if the onboard dsp will eventually be used with protools for mixing.
Old 23rd September 2009
Lives for gear

Old 23rd September 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedommer View Post
digidesign LE hardware is known to be pretty garbage. I wonder how this thing will be. I use the mbox and 002 as a dongle and use external converters and pres because they are so terrible.
same here, i run m-powered with a metric halo mobile IO vi spdif into a audiophile 2496 pci card,
Old 23rd September 2009
Lives for gear

at sweetwater
Attached Thumbnails
Eleven Rack is...-elevenrack-xlarge.jpg  
📝 Reply