The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Eleven Rack is...
Old 6th October 2009
Lives for gear

Anyone have info on the converter specs?

Are they the same as the 003?
Old 16th October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliath|Audio View Post
On board DSP is a step in the right direction for LE users. It opens the door for the next possibility.

I think the writing is already on the wall at Digidesign about ADC. I have a really strong feeling that a new version is around the corner.... .
Around the corner has turned into years.
Old 16th October 2009
Lives for gear

Smile Nice Heavy Rhythm Tone

I got a nice heavy rhythm tone yesterday using Eleven plugin. using seperate tracks I combined the Marshall Plexi with a 121 and Dual Rec with a 57 both using the classic 4x12 cabinet. with an external EQ I added a bit of 2k and 5k while subtracting some 60 Hz. got rid of the flubbiness and really tightened it up for me. of course, move faders and adjust the amp gain to taste. I liked it with the Dual Rec Model slightly louder than the Plexi. sounded quite good to my ears thumbsup
Old 17th October 2009

In all the videos I've seen so far the guitar (wet) track is always stereo, why is this? Is there an option for recording mono tracks of the wet signal (like you normally record guitars)? I only see a mono track of the dry signal.
Old 17th October 2009
Lives for gear

I can't tout specs, but all I can say is that I've had nothing but issues over the years with USB and frankly do not trust it. I too was taken back when they made the 11R USB and not Firewire, which in my opinion, will prove to be a mistake. I don't have any factual reasons for this, other than my personal experiences. If others have had; are having, good experiences with USB, that’s great for you, been nothing but a pain for me.

The only thing that in my mind when thinking about why Digi went with 11R and USB, is we will see better performance in USB3 and they already have drivers planned for it when it's implemented.
Old 22nd October 2009

Little bump hoping that someone can answer my stereo tracks question heh.
Old 22nd October 2009
Gear Head

can I record mono was my first question as well. The answer is yes. Talked to three reps. We're good there. That would have been really stupid wouldn't it...
Old 25th October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroz View Post
In all the videos I've seen so far the guitar (wet) track is always stereo, why is this? Is there an option for recording mono tracks of the wet signal (like you normally record guitars)? I only see a mono track of the dry signal.
Yes...I have it, just choose a mono input like you normally would.
Old 3rd November 2009
Gear Head

got mine........

So i got mine last week and after having a weak in a half playing my opinion is...I have POD X3 Rack,axe-fx Ultra,and Digitech 1101 w/control2...this blows all of these out of the water..here is why!first off i am a die hard pro tools users...Mac Pro...i used to try and get away without actually micing at times and i have a few plug ins and out board products to help me with this,But the eleven rack WOW blows it all away...I used to use a Pod Pro for Live stuff w my band now elen rack all the way and i am selling two of my Boutique Amps too...it is that good!! it acts...smells...and feels like a real amp...
Old 3rd November 2009
Lives for gear

I am surprised you find it blows the fractal out of the water, i also have both, but use them for direct recording in the studio and i find the fractal far better in tone and tweakability. i def think the eleven is good but since i don't use the PT LE i just run it direct to cubase.
Old 3rd November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by trock View Post
I am surprised you find it blows the fractal out of the water, i also have both, but use them for direct recording in the studio and i find the fractal far better in tone and tweakability. i def think the eleven is good but since i don't use the PT LE i just run it direct to cubase.
A GUI shouldn't make the difference but for me it does. I had Eleven Rack for a couple of days before I could get the GUI working with LE & HD and even though the rack is laid out okay I wasn't into it. Now that I can tweak it in PT it's way more fun & I'm getting better sounds. I realize the GUI has nothing to do with tone itself but for me it does in a way, only in as far as I can see the damn thing & tweak away now.

Myself only, I wouldn't bother with Eleven Rack if I didn't use Pro Tools. It interfaces great with it though. YMMV.
Old 3rd November 2009
Lives for gear

yeah i loved the GUI when i tried it in PT LE. since i am not a PT guy i was really trying to like it and use it but cubase and logic for me just did so much more and worked for me so much better so the eleven eneded up being another rack mounted processor.

in terms of sound, for me, the fractal though is far better in terms of depth, clarity, tweakability, effects, number of cabs, amps, effects etc.

although the eleven does have the nicest front panel windows and is very easy to tweak from it

but i agree the GUI for it is stellar
Old 3rd November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by trock View Post
yeah i loved the GUI when i tried it in PT LE. since i am not a PT guy i was really trying to like it and use it but cubase and logic for me just did so much more and worked for me so much better so the eleven eneded up being another rack mounted processor.

in terms of sound, for me, the fractal though is far better in terms of depth, clarity, tweakability, effects, number of cabs, amps, effects etc.

although the eleven does have the nicest front panel windows and is very easy to tweak from it

but i agree the GUI for it is stellar
Yeah I haven't tried the Axe FX but I've heard enough mp3s & it does sound great.
The overdrive stuff especially. I'm thinking the Eleven Clean & Vox edge of breakup type sounds can hang with it though. At least from what I've heard of the two so far.
Old 3rd November 2009
Lives for gear

obviously its all very subjective. i think you can def get great sounds with eleven. i think out of the box you get a lot more with the fractal but again its about 2-3x as much, plus with eleven you get a DAW.

eleven is a really good deal i think, especially if you want to get into PT.

i can def see myself using both on my stuff. heck they are racked right next to each other and the POD XT is at the bottom of the rack now/along with the BOSS GT-10
Old 4th November 2009
Lives for gear

Nah the Fractal's great, don't get me wrong...the stuff I've heard is very convincing.
Old 4th November 2009
Here for the gear

Why so serious?

Here is the obvious thing that I've waited to hear about and have not heard yet about 11R. How does it sound after being recorded into a PT track? You know, some records are made with big $ and sound crappy and some are recorded for little $ and sound great - history shows that. So, the real question regarding 11R is not 'does it sound like an amp?" but "does it sound like an amp on a track in pro tools?" because that's the implication of having your guitar sound created from your recording interface - can anyone tell me? All the digi vids all seem to me like they are scared to really put the thing thru it's paces and just talk about it.
Old 4th November 2009
Here for the gear

I mean - it sound sound better from a recording standpoint than fractal or even the real thing. It's the actual interface! I can forgive it for not sounding like a real amp for live use. I'd use it for gigs where the sound did not matter to me that much and for gigs that did matter if it was good enough. But, from a recording standpoint - it should be fantastic - I mean like Steve Vai or Jamie Humphries, or else it's BS.
Old 4th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryjohns View Post
I can't tout specs, but all I can say is that I've had nothing but issues over the years with USB and frankly do not trust it. I too was taken back when they made the 11R USB and not Firewire, which in my opinion, will prove to be a mistake. I don't have any factual reasons for this, other than my personal experiences. If others have had; are having, good experiences with USB, that’s great for you, been nothing but a pain for me.

The only thing that in my mind when thinking about why Digi went with 11R and USB, is we will see better performance in USB3 and they already have drivers planned for it when it's implemented.
I totally agree. That was the deal killer for me. I would have got this in a heartbeat if it was Firewire instead of USB. I remember I had a USB Mbox and I couldn't even record two tracks without it taking a **** on me.
Old 4th November 2009
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute View Post
Agree with Barry Johns...you guys are clueless

This place used to have some witty minds, and they are still here, but there are about 5000 know nothings added to the list.

This is a guitar processor. What part of that eluded the masses?

"I cant see who this is for"?

What?
Its for guitar players you infant. It also has the added goody of giving you ProTools, recording, reamping, and more. What? You cant conceive of anyone not having Protools already? How do you bring in more people to protools...you make devices like this where Protools is a secondary thought to the Guitar processor--and to boot--its an absolute steal.

Now, the fact that I had to explain that is stupendous.
Somebody posted this a bit ago on the DUC
"Hey all,

I'm new to Digidesign & 11 Rack, but I've played guitar for awhile.

I've never recorded on my own at all...........I bought 11 Rack due the Pro Tools sofware only.........I am also a fan of Line-6 & the Vetta-2.......FWIW........

My 11 came out of date & w/ the buzz issue............

Digidesign treated me like a Pro & told me all the info that I needed to fix it......I loaded Pro-Tools on my Mac (w/ Snow Leppard) & it works w/ no issues that I can tell of......

The tones in the 11-R are very good so far & excel in the clean & lite gain dept.......

I've gotten right into the recording & just started w/ a simple riff 1st......

This has now turned into a complete song.......I've gotten so into recording & editing that I'm Pro-Tools obsessed........Lol

If not for this product I never would have tried PT at all.......& I'd be missing out on allot of fun..........I think I was the target audience for this product.......I do find it more detailed in sound quality my Vetta as well.......

As soon as I figure how to post audio I'll post my little tune.......

I started right w/ a 2 of the pre-exsisting patches & tweaked them a little......I like the Rectifier & the Boogie-Mark whatever model.......Oh......& the DC model is the best high gain one for me so far............

I give this thing a solid 8.5 out of 10 so far...........

Peace!"
Old 22nd November 2009
Here for the gear

New site for Eleven Rack owners to share presets

Check out the new presets for Eleven Rack at

http://www.elevenrackpresets.com

Old 26th November 2009
Gear Head

eleven rack.......

Axe-fx has alot more effects/amps..etc..but it has no DAW to mate it too ,to me that is a selling point ideas on the fly. I want to mix my eleven rack with my live setup it is just that I am having way too much fun with the Boss GT-10 in the 4 cable hookup mode...to me right now is reasonable...I will put it into my live rig with a Voo Doo labs GCX for now until i can fully work with it....but for now in the studio i am tracking lot's of **** with the eleven.....hope they do a update/upgrade with eventide style pitchshifter/harmonist...and a little better reverb's too...

and no i still have maintained my Boutique amps....
Old 26th November 2009
Lives for gear

As far as how eleven sits in a track..it sits very well. I've been recording with it for a few weeks now and I'm very happy with the way this works as a recording interface. In fact, I re-recorded a lot of tracks that I had previously done with Pod Farm. I've tried running a Aueter Pre in front of it,
taking the reamp out into a LA-610, and running the amp out into a Fender DeVille and mixing direct and recorded sound. All good. That output on the front of the rack is handy. And like them or not, Digidesign has had some experience with recording. I think it shows here.
L.
Old 2nd December 2009
Here for the gear

Hello all; as a newbie I first did the obligatory search and read many of the posts before responding. I bought a new Eleven Rack nearly a month ago from Sweetwater. I have had it for about two weeks now and while I have not had as much chance to explore the many things this can do, I have put more than a few hours playing and trying all of the presets, amps, and effects. As a long time POD user I wasn't sure if this was a good purchase: I am not a believer in product videos per say; I prefer to try things out personally. I do have to say that the Eleven Rack videos did get my attention and probably contributed to the GAS attack that led me to order this.
However, the video's cannot do (and do not do) justice to the quality of sound this puts out! I will never forget sitting down w/a pair of ATH-M50's and listening to this for the first time: I was blown away! I immediately knew that my POD Pro and my older POD 2.O were history. The sound is not even close. I don't have a huge studio: I use an iMac 24/Logic Studio 8/Apogee Duet, some great mic's and very limited space for my studio: installed PT and now have added flexibility and if I want to use a PC laptop I'm able to do that as well. For me, having a rack mount that has this kind of simplicity and ease of use, not to mention the flexibility of using it live and in the studio w/o humping amps and cabinets around, was very inviting.
I have read some posts that were seriously derogatory towards the Eleven Rack and that's cool: not everyone is going to be on the same page. But at least TRY IT OUT before ragging on it...that's just common sense to me. Bottom line for me is that I really like this...it sounds fantastic, it's flexible, it's got some very nice particulars (the Input, the 0 latency, etc.), all combine to make one extremely first rate piece of gear. And live it sounds great through my (and probably yours) existing rig as well. Try it, You'll like it!
Old 11th December 2009
Here for the gear

I spent couple of days listening to FX-AXE and Eleven clips and based on what I hear there is no brainier what rig sounds better. The live sound of FX-Axe is amazing, deep, touching, inspirational, elite master class. With all due respect to Eleven it is well behind.

IMO the question what dominate in one's needs: life performance or studio work.

I suspect that the capturing of FX-AXE sound in studio will be a significant effort. Whether anybody did a direct input recording and compared it to Eleven? That what would matter to me, a recorded sound comparison!

Eleven gives a timesaving solution, sustainable even you would be back to the track one year after and the hardware setting were long gone. It fits my lifestyle as for sporadic 1-2 hrs sessions couple times a week late in the night 3 beers schedule. ( BTW, headphones output is a dear miss in Axe).

As I tend to do 99% of my work in studio, to me there is an advantage to choose not-that-perfect Eleven. If my work will ever come to production it could be easily re-amped.

But I still amazed by Axe ...
Old 22nd April 2010
Lives for gear

Hello. Any news?

Does it work without PT?
Does It work n PC?

Anyclips?
Any comparison on in-line recording w Axe Fa?

Best
A.
Old 13th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy3 View Post
Hello. Any news?

Does it work without PT?
Does It work n PC?

Anyclips?
Any comparison on in-line recording w Axe Fa?

Best
A.

Yes, it works as an audiocard with the standalone core-audio driver. At least on Mac. Exploring it right now... Sounds AMAZING. Would'nt hesitate using it on ANY project. The plexi alone had me in 1 second. Bought it right away. Stacks like a really well recorded guitar-amp when you mix. Total happiness here.

//Jamzone
📝 Reply