The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
NI Komplete 6
Old 1st September 2009
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
NI Komplete 6

Komplete 6 has been announced, due Oct. 1.

Check out the pricing: Full Version: $559. Upgrade from any Komplete 2-5: $169. Upgrade from any version of Kontakt or Reaktor 2+: $339.
Old 1st September 2009
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
New in Komplete 6:

Kontakt 4
Absynth 5
Guitar Rig Pro 4
Old 1st September 2009 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
I mean i love NI...but Really just 3 revisions?!?!?! eh, not so Komplete to me. Ill stay with Kontact 3.5.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Money grab.

Although if you had Komplete 2... now that would be a deal, wouldn't it? Love NI instruments, hate NI.
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Also they have discontinued Akoustik Piano, Elektrik Piano (did I spell those right? does it matter?), and Pro-53.

Still it is a pretty good deal for me as an owner of Kontakt 2 & Absynth 2 who hasn't bought any of their stuff for years. I usually find a way not to pull the trigger on their deals, though. (Obviously).

EDIT: They also discontinued B4 II.
Old 2nd September 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Tough room!

- c
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiospace View Post
Also they have discontinued Akoustik Piano, Elektrik Piano (did I spell those right? does it matter?), and Pro-53.

Still it is a pretty good deal for me as an owner of Kontakt 2 & Absynth 2 who hasn't bought any of their stuff for years. I usually find a way not to pull the trigger on their deals, though. (Obviously).

Wow. I use all those except Elektrik Piano. They must have something else up their sleeve? Like the scarbee stuff? Weak.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
that's why they had that blow out this summer !
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiospace View Post
Well, I know at least one person who will be seriously bummed out.

- c
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya View Post
Well, I know at least one person who will be seriously bummed out.
Ouch!
Old 2nd September 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Nice pricing. Have they updated any of their other apps previously in between version upgrades and if they did, were they given to existing owners of Komplete for free?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I prefer to just grab the update for Absynth 5 for $79 when it's out.
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Thumbs down

i'm feeling like NI pulled a quick one on us with the summer promotion. granted, i knew they'd be coming out with a new version, but i didn't think they'd make upgrading cost $169 dollars?!?... especially for myself coming as a recent Komplete 5 customer. i just feel so stupid for jumping-in so fast for the silly komplete 5 summer deal... i'd have been so much happier waiting for Komplete 6. kudos Native Instruments marketing! you did your job(unfortunately for us)!

just know that i MOST DEFINITELY will not be falling for your gimmicks anymore and won't be supporting such ridiculousness.

p.s. i know, i know... i didn't have to pay initial full retail price for the item :P ..i'm just tired of NI's scheming is all.
Sky
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
I dunno, Komplete 5 was a pretty comprehensive package with all the basics. Can Kontakt 6 cover acoustic piano, rhodes and B3?

Sky
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky View Post
I dunno, Komplete 5 was a pretty comprehensive package with all the basics. Can Kontakt 6 cover acoustic piano, rhodes and B3?

Sky
Elektrik Piano is part of Kontakt 4. I'm not sure how it will look in the piano and B3 department.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-Rey View Post
i'm feeling like NI pulled a quick one on us with the summer promotion. granted, i knew they'd be coming out with a new version, but i didn't think they'd make upgrading cost $169 dollars?!?... especially for myself coming as a recent Komplete 5 customer. i just feel so stupid for jumping-in so fast for the silly komplete 5 summer deal... i'd have been so much happier waiting for Komplete 6. kudos Native Instruments marketing! you did your job(unfortunately for us)!

just know that i MOST DEFINITELY will not be falling for your gimmicks anymore and won't be supporting such ridiculousness.

p.s. i know, i know... i didn't have to pay initial full retail price for the item :P ..i'm just tired of NI's scheming is all.
Seems like a perfectly reasonable upgrade fee.

Be glad they're not Waves and asking you to pay for eternity...

- c
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Especially looking forward to the Guitar Rig software, one of my favourite fx-plugs for synths (dont play guitar myself)
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiff View Post
Elektrik Piano is part of Kontakt 4. I'm not sure how it will look in the piano and B3 department.
Looks like they've decided to get out of the acoutic piano market. For the B3 they have a Kore pack add on with B3 samples (not digital replica like their B4II instrument).
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya View Post
Seems like a perfectly reasonable upgrade fee.

Be glad they're not Waves and asking you to pay for eternity...

- c

Dunno... To me, NI and Waves are on the same list.
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
I own Komplete 5 and do not see any reason for upgrading.

- Absynth five is disapointing. At the moment I use Alchemy more often.
I thought they would drasticly update Absynth to a new level of synthesis features.

- Reaktor 6 is also something I have hoped for.

Nothing groundbraking for me...
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I completely understand this new move.

Pro53 and AP are, personal preferences aside, not on par any more with the competition. And those who have it and like it can still keep using it. EP is integrated with Kontakt so no loss there. Surely there must be a decent acoustic grand in there as well to at last compensate a bit for AP... That leaves B4... As good as it may be, it doesn't really fit in with the other products. VA synth, FM synth, "FX" synth, Modular synth, sampler, drum sampler, guitar (or should we say: multi) FX... and an... organ...

The majority of people who would buy this aren't affected by an organ being there or not. The price of the total package is halved and it is now on my to-buy list. Komplete 5 wasn't. too expensive because of several products that I would never use.

well done NI...
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-Rey View Post

Huh? You actually got a better deal buying Komplete 5 when it was on sale. You got the instruments that aren't in Komplete 6, plus you can upgrade to K6 and the total price would be the same as if you were to buy K6 outright.

K6 instruments plus missing K5 instruments = win not fail.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilman View Post
- Reaktor 6 is also something I have hoped for.
Same here.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilman View Post
I own Komplete 5 and do not see any reason for upgrading.
Same here! They will have to come up with something amazing for me to have to upgrade this - still have a long time of pissing around with it all to go through. It's very comprehensive.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I will update once the first bugs are ruled out.
How do we (komplete 5 owners) update anyway? Through the service center?
Will we keep all the old versions or will Kontakt 4 replace Kontakt 3 when updating?

Or do we just buy the full product like everyone else, just for a better price and install it alongside?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by fragletrollet View Post
Especially looking forward to the Guitar Rig software, one of my favourite fx-plugs for synths (dont play guitar myself)
likewise!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by The MPCist View Post
Dunno... To me, NI and Waves are on the same list.
????

You simply must explain that statement.

- c
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
The new features and sound mangling capabilities in Absynth 5 look wicked to me

NATIVE INSTRUMENTS : Home

Ben
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardi View Post
Huh? You actually got a better deal buying Komplete 5 when it was on sale. You got the instruments that aren't in Komplete 6, plus you can upgrade to K6 and the total price would be the same as if you were to buy K6 outright.

K6 instruments plus missing K5 instruments = win not fail.
no offence at all heh but you win for just some month because they will not be supported and so as soon as there will be bugs because of snow leopard or a 64bit version of your daw (or anything PC...)... you can forget about the prophet, b4 etc etc,,,,tutt personally i was still trying to get the Komoplete 5 on auction but iam glad i couldnt...
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
No new engine for Guitar Rig? Just two more amps?

Seems like selling Komplete 5, and getting a used Komplete 4 to upgrade to 6 would be a money-saving move...
πŸ“ Reply