The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Soundelux E47C
Old 24th September 2005 | Show parent
Gear Addict

me too
Show replies
Old 11th October 2005 | Show parent
Gear Addict

well, i take it all back, whatever "it" is.

i stopped by the soundelux booth at aes and demoed the new e47C. the damn thing had me weeping. the most delicious proximity effect i have ever heard, and the thing sounded so much like the very best old 47s i have heard that i nearly fell to my knees. i listened to a lot of mics at the show, but NOTHING did it to me like that. now, i gotta figure out how to get one. looks like i am going to have a fire sale soon...

best,
rlnyc
Show replies
Old 11th October 2005 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlnyc
well, i take it all back, whatever "it" is.

<SNIP>
best,
rlnyc

David had promised us the "C" was much better in cardioid mode and he wasn't kidding!

Cool to meet you rlnyc...although i think those E47's will be sought after in the years ahead....no fire sale needed. Hang on and they will be worth a lot more.

Brad
Show replies
Old 12th October 2005 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Lunde
David had promised us the "C" was much better in cardioid mode and he wasn't kidding!

Cool to meet you rlnyc...although i think those E47's will be sought after in the years ahead....no fire sale needed. Hang on and they will be worth a lot more.

Brad
nice to meet you too brad. i wasn't talking about selling the E47. i have plenty of stuff that could fit the firesale bill and make room for the e47c.

best,
rlnyc
Show replies
Lives for gear

Were any e251C models (prototype or other) available at AES? Did anyone try one?

Brad,

You mentioned that the high end will be switchable (bright/dark) on the e251C to be similar to either the Elux251 or E250. Does the lower end more closely resemble the Elux251 or E250?
Show replies
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAWgEAR
Were any e251C models (prototype or other) available at AES? Did anyone try one?

Brad,

You mentioned that the high end will be switchable (bright/dark) on the e251C to be similar to either the Elux251 or E250. Does the lower end more closely resemble the Elux251 or E250?

Yes DAWgEAR:
The E251C was there, to the right of the E47C.
The general read from customers that tried it at AES was that it does sound a lot like the ELUX251 set to cardioid (as was the plan). The switch gives you the option to tame the top end down if you want, giving you that "vintage" feel some prefer. The low end is more like the ELUX than the E250, which had the proximity effect moved up in freq compared to ELUX. The higher performance moves the price higher though: $3250 for the E251C, up $250 from E250. The E47C is $4250 compared to $4500 for the E47, so a touch less.

Brad
Show replies
Old 23rd February 2008 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanEldred View Post
This thread should be combined with this one:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showthrea...highlight=e47c
In your opinion how does the wundercm7 gt with m7 capsule stand up to the e47? Does wunder have any quality control issues, i heard rumours not to believed i hope. Also would a soundelux u95S be in the same ballpark as these two mics? For male vocals rock to mellow stuff. thanks for your time
Show replies
Old 23rd February 2008 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by meshuggener33 View Post
In your opinion how does the wundercm7 gt with m7 capsule stand up to the e47?
Yes, IMO the GT is in the same ballpark as the Soundelux E47c. The E47c which was darker IME than the first revision of the E47 (which is what this thread was about) is closer to the GT with M7 cap. The K47 cap is a bit brighter. Courses for horses. I haven't directly compared FYI, but I'm very familiar with both.

Quote:
Does wunder have any quality control issues, i heard rumours not to believed i hope.
Who is spreading rumours? There was one minor problem on one mic with a stuck polar pattern switch. Mike fixed/replaced it with lightening fast speed, and that's been it. That's not enough to consider the company to have 'quality control issues'.

Quote:
Also would a soundelux u95S be in the same ballpark as these two mics? For male vocals rock to mellow stuff. thanks for your time
It's been years (2001 maybe?) since I've heard a U95S so I can't comment and compare. The E47 was a replacement for the U95S, and the E47c was a replacement for the E47 FWIW.
Show replies
📝 Reply