The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
UAD Fatso, EMT 250, Neve 31102 / 31102SE Classic Console EQs OUT NOW
Old 10th August 2009 | Show parent
  #301
Lives for gear
 
kreeper_6's Avatar
 

For those that like Dirt...

http://www.multi-samples.com/audio/Dirt.mp3
Old 10th August 2009 | Show parent
  #302
Lives for gear
 
Fishmed's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeper_6 View Post
Dirt or Distortion?
Old 11th August 2009 | Show parent
  #303
Lives for gear
 
kreeper_6's Avatar
 

Total analog like breakup/distortion.
Old 11th August 2009 | Show parent
  #304
Lives for gear
 
Macaroni's Avatar
 

I've confirmed from the source that the UAD FATSO will not work with the 2 channels in series with one instantiation on a mono track. You'd have to have 2 instances to do the 2 channel series stuff.
Old 11th August 2009 | Show parent
  #305
Lives for gear
 
Silver Sonya's Avatar
 

My Fatso, Neve 31102, and EMT demos ran out today.

Very sad.

Waiting to be able to afford to buy them all.

Which I will.

- c
Old 11th August 2009 | Show parent
  #306
Lives for gear
 
Macaroni's Avatar
 

Sonya...

Where does the new Neve EQ fit into the scheme of things re the 1073, 1081 and RS88?

I got the FATSO and it's a great tool!
Old 11th August 2009 | Show parent
  #307
Lives for gear
 
kreeper_6's Avatar
 

FATSO - EMT / Before - After

Vanilla
w/Fatso
w/Fatso-Emt

http://www.multi-samples.com/audio/Fat-Emt.mp3
Old 11th August 2009 | Show parent
  #308
Lives for gear
 
Benmrx's Avatar
 

Old 11th August 2009 | Show parent
  #309
Lives for gear
 
Silver Sonya's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macaroni View Post
Sonya...

Where does the new Neve EQ fit into the scheme of things re the 1073, 1081 and RS88?

I got the FATSO and it's a great tool!
This new EQ seems to be using a different technology than the 1073/81, etc. I don't know if that's just my imagination, but the texture is somehow smoother. It could be in my imagination/placebo effect.

Anyway, I love it.

- c
Old 12th August 2009 | Show parent
  #310
Lives for gear
 
kreeper_6's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya View Post
This new EQ seems to be using a different technology than the 1073/81, etc. I don't know if that's just my imagination, but the texture is somehow smoother. It could be in my imagination/placebo effect.

Anyway, I love it.

- c
I've heard that about the harrison.
Old 12th August 2009 | Show parent
  #311
Gear Addict
 
dione's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya View Post
This new EQ seems to be using a different technology than the 1073/81, etc. I don't know if that's just my imagination, but the texture is somehow smoother. It could be in my imagination/placebo effect.

Anyway, I love it.

- c
Same here...compared to the 1081/1073 it sounds smoother...pretty good stuff...probably gonna buy it,just like the EMT250,which sounds amazingly good for a software reverb...
Old 12th August 2009 | Show parent
  #312
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dione View Post
...just like the EMT250,which sounds amazingly good for a software reverb...
Does it sound as good as one of the big hardware boxes (224, 300, 480l, RMX16 etc.)?
Old 12th August 2009 | Show parent
  #313
Lives for gear
 
Jorg's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya View Post
My Fatso, Neve 31102, and EMT demos ran out today.

Very sad.

Waiting to be able to afford to buy them all.

Which I will.

- c
My EMT and Fatso Demo ran out today as well.

Ive decided that I can live without the fatso and i'd rather get the real deal (possibly UBK) some day.

The EMT I can't live without. Damn you UA for making me spend more money again!
Old 12th August 2009 | Show parent
  #314
Lives for gear
 
ProducerBoy's Avatar
 

I was gonna pass on the Fatso, but during my demo time, I've been able to easily glue together the low end in my mixes with it. Haven't gotten this kind of glue in the box with anything else. (BTW, I highly recommend checking out PSP's Oldtimer... fantastic!)

Gonna pull the trigger on the Fatso. As for the EMT 250... a must have. It just sounds like a verb should and never does ITB. Another hit on the wallet. I'll pass on the Neve EQ, though. Eh, like my Dad always says... "It's only money."
Old 18th August 2009 | Show parent
  #315
Lives for gear
 
steveschizoid's Avatar
I've never tried the hardware, but the Fatso emulation is absolutely fantastic. I doubt there is any other plug-in that comes close to doing what this one does.

UBK, thanks for the tip concerning slamming the high end into the warmth limiter - it works quite nicely the the UAD version as well!
Old 18th August 2009 | Show parent
  #316
Lives for gear
 
AlphaDingo's Avatar
 

Quote:
Seriously. When did "literate" become a pejorative?!?
In the run up to the 2000 election in the U.S.
Old 19th August 2009 | Show parent
  #317
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDingo View Post
In the run up to the 2000 election in the U.S.
Boo. This time let's let 'moveon.org' apply to all of us.
Old 19th August 2009 | Show parent
  #318
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveschizoid View Post
I've never tried the hardware, but the Fatso emulation is absolutely fantastic. I doubt there is any other plug-in that comes close to doing what this one does.

UBK, thanks for the tip concerning slamming the high end into the warmth limiter - it works quite nicely the the UAD version as well!
+1

yeah thanks UBK ! cool tip
Old 21st August 2009 | Show parent
  #319
Lives for gear
 
kreeper_6's Avatar
 

Videos are out...

Universal Audio Webzine | Plug-In Power
Old 23rd August 2009 | Show parent
  #320
Gear Guru
 
u b k's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorrelNote View Post
yeah thanks UBK ! cool tip

I got a million. Here's another: there is total hidden magic in preset #5 (GP + Spank lights on). It is one of the coolest bass compressors ever. Don't be afraid to smack it hard, 7-10db can be amazing. Tranny is a must here.

BTW when I say 'preset #5' I don't mean like a list of presets on a plugin interface, I mean literally the compression presets on the Fatso itself. #1 being Buss, #2 GP, etc...


Gregory Scott - ubk
.
Old 23rd August 2009 | Show parent
  #321
Lives for gear
 
Billy Buck's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by u b k View Post
I got a million. Here's another: there is total hidden magic in preset #5 (GP + Spank lights on). It is one of the coolest bass compressors ever. Don't be afraid to smack it hard, 7-10db can be amazing. Tranny is a must here.

BTW when I say 'preset #5' I don't mean like a list of presets on a plugin interface, I mean literally the compression presets on the Fatso itself. #1 being Buss, #2 GP, etc...


Gregory Scott - ubk
.

Nice! I am adding these little tidbits to my FATSO tips & tricks folder for future reference.


Thanks for lending your expertise it is well appreciated. Many of us UAD FATSO users have not had the experience of using the real hardware and these kind of insights are invaluable.

Cheers,

Billy Buck
Old 22nd May 2012 | Show parent
  #322
Lives for gear
 
Silver Sonya's Avatar
 

Still totally in love with the UAD EMT 250.

- c
Old 22nd May 2012 | Show parent
  #323
Lives for gear
 
feck's Avatar
Still in love with the FATSO.....used on the drum buss almost all the time.
Old 22nd May 2012 | Show parent
  #324
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya View Post
Still totally in love with the UAD EMT 250.

- c
Yeah - I really think its the standout.
Old 22nd May 2012 | Show parent
  #325
Lives for gear
 
bugscoe's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
Still in love with the FATSO.....used on the drum buss almost all the time.
I concur. Love my Fatso!!
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 15929 views: 1491518
Avatar for Ragan
Ragan 11th January 2019
replies: 4715 views: 789877
Avatar for nichttuntun
nichttuntun 7 hours ago
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump