The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
JZ Microphones new limited series mic spy pics Condenser Microphones
Old 15th June 2009
Gear nut

JZ Microphones new limited series mic spy pics

Today during my visit in factory I made some quick picks of still warm mics by JZ Microphones - BT301. These are made as very limited signature series mics of Mr. Juris Zarins.

As soon as I will have more info on specs, price and availabilty I will let you know.

As far as I know there will be only 20-30 pcs made. Capsule and all bodywork is handcrafted by Mr. Zarins.
Attached Thumbnails
JZ Microphones new limited series mic spy pics-15062009171.jpg   JZ Microphones new limited series mic spy pics-15062009172.jpg  
Old 7th July 2009
Gear nut

Hi Folks,

I just last night recorder some quick samples of BT-203 with Neve Portico 5012 pre (I love the way it sounds).

I am looking for someone from Gearslutz to make review for this mic. Anyone interested?

Here is the sample comparing with AKG C480 (with CK61ULS head):
Attached Files

BT301limited.wav (5.45 MB, 272 views)

AKG480-CK61ULS.wav (5.45 MB, 272 views)

Old 8th July 2009
Gear nut

Just uploaded vide from my phone.

I got several PM for review. Is there any more who would like to give feedback on this mic?
Old 13th July 2009
Gear nut

Hi Guys,

I just got some more pics from our packing girls

What do you think about these damn sexy boxes? There is leather top and bottom.

Thank you every one who wanted to contribute and give their feedback. I hope we will have feedback from one of insiders soon.
Attached Thumbnails
JZ Microphones new limited series mic spy pics-bt301-kastee.jpg   JZ Microphones new limited series mic spy pics-bt301-kastee-2.jpg  
Old 14th July 2009
Gear Addict

Looks cool.

Bring on the details.
Old 16th July 2009
Gear nut

Here is some specs I just got:

Transducer Type: Electrostatic Condenser
Operating Principle: Pressure Gradient
Diaphragm's Diameter (inch/mm): 0.8"/21 mm
Frequency Range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
Polar Pattern: Unidirectional, cardioid
Output Impedance: 50 ohms
Rated Load Impedance: 1000 ohms
Suggested Load Impedance: > 500 ohms
Load: 33 mV/PA
S/N Ratio CCIR 468-3 Weighted: 76 dB
S/N Ratio DIN/IEC 651 A-weighted: 87 dB-A
Equivalent Noise Level DIN/IEC A-weighted :5.5 dB-A
Maximum SPL (<0.5% THD @ 1000 ohms): 133.5 dB
Phantom Powering Voltage on XLR Pins 2 & 3 Relatively Pin #1 +48V (±4 V)
Phantom Current Consumption < 2mA
Output Connector 3-pin XLR Male, gold plated contacts

But the main point is in the capsule. Some pictures attached, same technologies as in JZ - Black Hole microphones applied on diaphragm of the capsule. It is called Golden Drop technology - something like several small diaphragm capsules on large diaphragm surface, so getting out the best from both worlds of LDC and SDC mics.

I had chance to use it on acoustic guitar (my favourite app) and percussions (very good details ans response of capsule).

I loaned pair to my friend for live gig and warned him no to use it vocals as the grill is very open and singing could damage capsule of these limited version mics. But you know sound engineers, when you say them that this is not meant use in that and that ways, they will try it for sure He gave me call and said that this mics is best he has tried for vocals (Jazz and with windshield).

Hope to have more samples soon.
Attached Thumbnails
JZ Microphones new limited series mic spy pics-img_31701.jpg  
Old 17th July 2009
Lives for gear

Smile

Hi Edjis,
I listened to the samples and the JZ 301 have a tighter bass response and much more detailed transients response... it's a great mic! I like it better than the akg..(in comparison the akg sounds muddy...)
The boxes are very cool, as always JZ hits with some serious stuff.
I think it's a great company (as many other out there) because have some great products with innovation (specially but not only in the design) at a fair price.

I've always been a JZ/Violet fan... heh

just my 0.02$ (i don't work for JZ/Violet and I'm not affiliated with them in any way.... unfortunately..)

Greetings to Juris and to you all!

Ciao!

Cheu
Old 17th July 2009
Lives for gear

Do these use the same electronics as in the BT201 ?

Why did you choose to do these capsules\mics as limited addition?
Old 21st July 2009
Gear nut

Thank you Cheu78 for great words

This uses different electronics as BT201, only shares the same unique body for perfect cardioid pattern. Output level is quite higher than for BT201.

Capsule is basically different from everything we have done previously because of size. But it still uses the same Golden Drop technology. And uhh... It sounds fantastic.

Limited Edition states for hand selected and measured components and parts. Also Box with partly leather finish

We will offer 15 days test period for this mic for everyone interested in. More news comming this week.
Old 24th August 2009
500 series nutjob

looks sexy!
Old 1st September 2009
500 series nutjob

check out the read )~
The New JZ BT301 Microphone!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search