The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Redline Reverb
Old 15th April 2009
Lives for gear

Redline Reverb

Amazing reverb for 99,-

112dB

Old 15th April 2009
Lives for gear

60 day demo! niceeeee
Old 15th April 2009
Lives for gear
nice Ill have to try it. Looking for a mindblowing reverb plugin. have yet to find it.
Old 15th April 2009
Lives for gear

Wow.... I'm impressed.

No one has mentioned that these are based on Lexicon.... 300, 480L, PCM91, etc.
Old 15th April 2009
Gear interested

Redline Reverb

I am pretty amazed by Redline Reverb myself as well. Kind of amazing how many different sounds you can get out of it for production or sound design purposes. Its also a great reverb to control via automation or with an external controller for live performance. I'm not into convolution myself given the high cpu requirements and latency. This is the kind of verb you can basically standardize on, learn quickly and get great results. Highly recommended and definitely keeping my eye on Redline in general.
Old 16th April 2009
Lives for gear

It's a rerelease/update to the R66 reverb plugin that was out a few years ago and was discontinued, just an fyi.
Old 16th April 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by XHipHop View Post
It's a rerelease/update to the R66 reverb plugin that was out a few years ago and was discontinued, just an fyi.

Interesting. loved the R66 for it's magical modulation, but it was more of an FX than a reverb per se.
the Red reverb sounds more like a "Normal" reverb than the R66 ( i wish i could recreate some of the R66 patches like lush space) and from the few hours i mixed with it, the Red seems like a very very good and extremely useful reverb.
with a 99$ Tag it seems like a real bargain - just working with the presets and i find tons of stuff to use and it gets the depth and space job done.
after a long time of using only convolution reverbs ITB with hardware OTB, the Red might be one of the best algorithmic reverb that worth keeping it ITB.
Old 16th April 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidperetz View Post
Interesting. loved the R66 for it's magical modulation, but it was more of an FX than a reverb per se.
the Red reverb sounds more like a "Normal" reverb than the R66 ( i wish i could recreate some of the R66 patcjes like lush space) and from the few hours i mixed with it, the Red eems like a very very good and extremely useful reverb.
with a 99$ Tag it seems like a real bargain - just working with the presets and i find tons of stuff to use and it gets the depth and space job done.
after a long time of using only convolution reverbs ITB with hardware OTB, the Red might be one of the best algoritmic reverb that worth keeping it ITB.
the developer is in this thread over at kvr:

KVR: Redline Reverb!

if you have any questions about trying to recreate some of the patches, maybe. i never used r66.
Old 16th April 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
the Red reverb sounds more like a "Normal" reverb than the R66 ( i wish i could recreate some of the R66 patcjes like lush space) and from the few hours i mixed with it, the Red eems like a very very good and extremely useful reverb.
after a long time of using only convolution reverbs ITB with hardware OTB, the Red might be one of the best algoritmic reverb that worth keeping it ITB.
I agree, it seems to sound quite different than my faint recollection of R66. And to add, I would say less dense perhaps.....has maybe too much focus gone into cpu efficiency? We all have 8 cores, don't we? (sorry, I just got one).
Old 16th April 2009
Gear Addict

Hey it just hit me now - after all this years of dreaming i finally got an R66 Reverb for RTAS and PT; with better interface and more sounds, and at an amazing price.
sometimes dreams come true.
Old 16th April 2009
Gear nut

Attached Thumbnails
Redline Reverb-r66.jpg  
Old 16th April 2009
sheesh is it that good? sounds like a grainy plugin reverb to me...
Old 16th April 2009
Gear nut

Have a look at their website and click 'kudos'.

112dB

See the review of this guy;

"Ben McFarlane
Remix Mag
Soundwise, this is an amazing device. R66 has shown itself to be an extremely versatile and breathtaking reverb. The sound from just about every preset was unique and pristine. R66's sound is robust, balanced and downright gutsy."

That explains its the same reverb (Sonic Flavours R66), but possibly improved (also the price is much better!)
Old 16th April 2009
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by XHipHop View Post
the developer is in this thread over at kvr:
Hehe... I'm here too--well on my way towards omnipresence --so if there's anything you'd like to ask: shoot!

-- dj!
Old 16th April 2009
Gear nut

Just downloaded the demo and gonna try it 2night to see how it sounds...
(groetjes uit Renesse, dj!)
Old 16th April 2009
Gear nut

ok, question;

have you tried the red reverb to sound like a famous hardware reverb, let's say the Lexicon 480?
Or u just used your ears and made up the algoritm all by yourself?
Can you tell a bit about the development?
Old 16th April 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj! View Post
Hehe... I'm here too--well on my way towards omnipresence --so if there's anything you'd like to ask: shoot!

-- dj!
Hi there

Being such an R66 lover i wanted to know what are the differences if any that had been made with the Redverb?
is there a way to get some or all the presets of the R66 with the red? the lush and spiral ones would be great.

and another thing - are you going to reissue the Wonderful delay Sonic Flavors had the dp5 on the red line too?

Thanks
Old 16th April 2009
Gear Head

Testing right now and much impressed
Old 16th April 2009
Gear Addict

Got it last night and very impressed. Will buy after 60 days is up. Screw the haters. This verb bangs.
Old 16th April 2009
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple4music View Post
have you tried the red reverb to sound like a famous hardware reverb, let's say the Lexicon 480?
Or u just used your ears and made up the algoritm all by yourself?
Can you tell a bit about the development?
Ok, a little Redline Reverb history lesson. The core algorithm was developed by Martijn Zwartjes (ex-Native Instruments) and made its first appearance a loooong time ago as the Rev-6 and Space Master Reaktor ensembles. After that he teamed up with Sonic Flavours, which resulted in the R66 plugin--discontinued a few years back. Redline Reverb is the 3rd incarnation of the algorithm, or more precisely: the continued development of said algorithm, with a new GUI, improved DSP algorithm, very low CPU load, new presets, and of course a native RTAS version. And rest assured that the current 1.0 release is not going to be the last installment of the series!

About the Lexicon references: as far as I know the algorithm is 100% original and was never *intended* to mimic any Lexicon model or even the Lexicon sound in general, but over the years a great many ppl commented on their resemblance in overall character--a lucky coincidence I suppose. Hence the references to the various Lexicon models in the presets--they were, shall we say, "inspired" on the hardware.

Peace,

-- dj!
Old 16th April 2009
Gear nut

Quote:
Being such an R66 lover i wanted to know what are the differences if any that had been made with the Redverb?
is there a way to get some or all the presets of the R66 with the red? the lush and spiral ones would be great.
Good question, and good idea. Redline Reverb is patch compatible--if that's even a term--with the R66, so songs that use the R66 shd automatically load with RR and identical settings. Perhaps we could indeed provide the old R66 presets as an additional preset bank, let me check into that.

Quote:
and another thing - are you going to reissue the Wonderful delay Sonic Flavors had the dp5 on the red line too?
That's a classified question--well, the answer is anyway--because I don't like to let plugin cats out of plugin bags prematurely, but let me put it this way: I wouldn't be surprised if we did.

-- dj!
Old 16th April 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj! View Post
Good question, and good idea. Redline Reverb is patch compatible--if that's even a term--with the R66, so songs that use the R66 shd automatically load with RR and identical settings. Perhaps we could indeed provide the old R66 presets as an additional preset bank, let me check into that.

Thanks
[/QUOTE]

ooooo, that would be fantastic...!
Old 16th April 2009
Lives for gear

Blasted........I'm tired of plugs, but will definatly be checking out this demo. I really like how they programmed the samples on their webpage, and it sounded like a much more musical reverb solution to my ears than TL-Space, or any convolution reverb I've heard.
Old 16th April 2009
Lives for gear

Listened to the demos on the site and must say I'm very impressed...
Old 16th April 2009
Lives for gear

Have the Demo and will probably buy the license.
I mix in the analogue domain in the studio but on my laptop setup this is really making me enjoy working on tracks at home. excellent.
Old 16th April 2009
Lives for gear

Downloaded the demo and very impressed!
Compared against 2c-aether and I prefer Redline Reverb so far.
Love the sound, UI and price. heh it's a steal!
Great Job! thumbsup
Old 16th April 2009
Gear Addict

Thumbs up

This verb is an instant HIT. Using in a mix right now. Was gonna spend an arm and leg on more expensive verb, but I'm where i wanna be for now.
Old 16th April 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUGA View Post
Downloaded the demo and very impressed!
Compared against 2c-aether and I prefer Redline Reverb so far.
Love the sound, UI and price. heh it's a steal!
Great Job! thumbsup
The price is great but there are a few things I want to comment on.

1. The layout of the reverbs are confusing. Why not have all the halls together, plates together, and then have everything in alphabedical order?

2. I compared it to the Sonnox Oxford reverb as well. It's hard to match plates from two different software but they both sound good. I would not really say one is better than the other. They both have EQ but the Sonnox Oxford EQ offers more detail since they have Q and more than just a high and low EQ.

3. The Aether EQ has lot more controls which can make things more confusing. This Redline EQ is more straight forward and easier to work with. However I do not see a density control on the reverb. That is a very important function. On the Aether they call it color.

4. Red lacks spring reverbs for guitar amps. In fact I did not see any preset for electric guitar amps either.

To me these plug in reverbs all offer good sounds. It's hard to A/B then when the settings are not the same. The Redline has the best price, but I think I like the Sonnox has an edge on it's EQ.
Old 17th April 2009
Gear nut

Bought it today. thumbsup
Old 17th April 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tube World View Post
4. Red lacks spring reverbs for guitar amps. In fact I did not see any preset for electric guitar amps either.
Aether seems to lack plate reverbs too. I tweaked the 480 - Fat Plate preset a little bit and got a very good result. But it's true that it's difficult to compare them objectively since they have different parameters.

The only small gripe so far is that I can't turn up the output gain. I had to insert a gain plugin to compare it against other reverb plugins.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search