The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Redline Reverb Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 29th April 2009
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marando View Post
Could you please answer this question? Thanks in advance! heh
Hehe.... okay okay, since you ask so nicely!

The upcoming Redline EQ is not related to DQ7 at all, but let's put it this way: I wouldn't be surprised if DQ7 made a later guest appearance in the Redline Series as well.

Take care,

-- dj!
Old 30th April 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzi View Post
I can confirm this as well!

PowerMac G5 DualCore 2.3 (PPC) with 8GB of RAM, Tiger 10.4.11,
Digidesign Digi 002 (Console), Pro Tools LE 7.3.1cs8
Same here!
Old 30th April 2009
Gear nut

Yes yes yes--it's a confirmed issue specific to Protools on PowerPC, so no need to report it. A fix is in the making and shd be available in the next maintenance release.

Peace,

-- dj!
Old 30th April 2009
Gear Head

The 'bypass issue' is a problem in Logic 8 on a PowerMac (dual G5) as well, so it's not Protools-specific. Clicking the Redline-logo puts the plugin into bypass mode from which there is no return other than removing the plugin and loading it again. (Luckily, Logic itself provides a bypass button as well.)
Something else which doesn't work as expected, are the arrow-shaped buttons to step through the presets: they seem to work only one time (jumping to an apparently randomly chosen other preset) but after that, those 2 arrows refuse to do anything at all ...
Other than that, very nice plugin.

_
Old 30th April 2009
Gear nut

Okaaaay... that is interesting news in fact! Perhaps there's a disproportionally large Protools population still on PPC but so far we only heard about this issue in combination with Protools. Thanks much for setting that right & the next maintenance release will fix this.

Take care,

-- dj!
Old 30th April 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by re-peat View Post
Something else which doesn't work as expected, are the arrow-shaped buttons to step through the presets: they seem to work only one time (jumping to an apparently randomly chosen other preset) but after that, those 2 arrows refuse to do anything at all ...

_
Same problem here, forgot to mention that about the arrows for stepping through presets. Again......PTLE 7.4, PPC G5
Old 30th April 2009
Gear nut

Yup, that's essentially the same bug--the arrow buttons behave like the Bypass button in that they work once and then never ever again. Thanks for reporting & consider it fixed!

Edit: in fact I just (and finally) managed to locate the problem and fix it--truth be told my PPC setup is quite underspec'ed and not exactly ideal for debugging, which is why it took somewhat longer than expected. That plus it was a nasty little bug! Upcoming maintenance release will solve this.

-- dj!
Old 30th April 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by re-peat View Post
The 'bypass issue' is a problem in Logic 8 on a PowerMac (dual G5) as well, so it's not Protools-specific. Clicking the Redline-logo puts the plugin into bypass mode from which there is no return other than removing the plugin and loading it again. (Luckily, Logic itself provides a bypass button as well.)

_
Same here as well in Logic Pro 7.2.3
Old 2nd May 2009
Lives for gear

Wow, I gotta tell you, I'm using this thing all the time and it is a lush bitch!

I am pretty friggin' amazed. I've never thought of a plug in verb as "lush" before but that's sure how this sounds to me.

Awesome job.

Gotta buy this when the demo runs out.
Old 2nd May 2009
Lives for gear

Okay, I know I saw this somewhere, but can't find it now... when does the $99 introductory offer end?

Thanks!
Old 2nd May 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyoteous View Post
Okay, I know I saw this somewhere, but can't find it now... when does the $99 introductory offer end?

Thanks!
Hmmm... I thought it was just $99. I didn't see anything about that being an introductory offer. Hope that's the everyday price.
Old 2nd May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football View Post
Hmmm... I thought it was just $99. I didn't see anything about that being an introductory offer. Hope that's the everyday price.
I'm pretty sure I saw an intro offer deadline as well for $99. I think it was June 15th...
Old 2nd May 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal3 View Post
I'm pretty sure I saw an intro offer deadline as well for $99. I think it was June 15th...
Thanks, that's what I seem to recall, too. I just don't want to miss out, but I'll probably need to wait until near the end of the offer to pay... buying too much other stuff! I should be able to manage the mid-June thing. dj!: can you clarify this?
Old 2nd May 2009
Lives for gear

I've been demoing this plug in. It doesn't sound as realistic as the new Dverb in Pro Tools 8 but it still sounds very nice. It's kind of gritty in a plug in sort of way yet at the same time it has some smooth attributes reminiscent of a Lexicon verb. Very cool and definitely very usable.
Old 3rd May 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
With an empty shopping cart, you get this:

Quote:
monthly specials for may

Redline Reverb
$149.00 $99.00
Save: 34% off
note: $149.00 with a strikethrough... so, I guess $99 at least until the end of May.
Old 3rd May 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgood View Post
It's kind of gritty in a plug in sort of way yet at the same time it has some smooth attributes reminiscent of a Lexicon verb. Very cool and definitely very usable.
I saw someone else post something similar to the "gritty" comment. I just don't hear that at all IMO, it sounds to me very lush like an old piece of Lexicon hardware.

I just haven't heard ANY plug I've ever used do that lush sounding reverb up till this point.
Old 3rd May 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
I saw someone else post something similar to the "gritty" comment. I just don't hear that at all IMO, it sounds to me very lush like an old piece of Lexicon hardware.

I just haven't heard ANY plug I've ever used do that lush sounding reverb up till this point.
Same here!thumbsup
Old 3rd May 2009
Can't stop buying gear...

I bought it today - it wasn't necessary to wait for the demo to run out as it's too good and too inexpensive to pass up.
Old 3rd May 2009
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal3 View Post
Correctomundo! I'm looking into a way to make the offer deadline visible in the online store but until then (shd anybody forget) just check the banner on 112dB . After June 15th the regular price of $149 applies.

Take care,

-- dj!
Old 3rd May 2009
Lives for gear

Must have EQ!!! Must have EQ!!! heh
Old 3rd May 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:

Well I stand by my observation. If you don't hear it that's ok. It's definitely a very usable plug in and I think it's a good deal at that, unless you have pro tools 8.
Old 3rd May 2009
Just demoed this thing - its brilliant. My search for the ultimate sweet verb just ended. I just wait for my next paycheck and Redline here I come!!!

Thanks 112 db

Marty
Old 3rd May 2009
Lives for gear

I tried it, but had some issues:

1. if you bypass it and then turn it back on, it doesn't seem to pass sound.

2. my PT system developed a weird clicking problem that disappeared after I removed the plugin.
I might have solved the problem by doing some other stuff, but the plugin is still suspicious to me...
PTHD2 V7.4 mac dual 2.5
EDIT:
I just read some of the above posts and realized other folks are having the same bypass problem
Old 3rd May 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj! View Post
Perhaps there's a disproportionally large Protools population still on PPC

Take care,

-- dj!
like most people who bought an HD a few years ago....
I think it's more common than you realize.
Old 4th May 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj! View Post
Correctomundo! I'm looking into a way to make the offer deadline visible in the online store but until then (shd anybody forget) just check the banner on 112dB . After June 15th the regular price of $149 applies.

Take care,

-- dj!
That's where I saw it, thanks!
Old 4th May 2009
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by balanceman View Post
1. if you bypass it and then turn it back on, it doesn't seem to pass sound.
Just to confirm: this is a known bug on PPC and will be fixed by the upcoming (soon!) maintenance release.

Quote:
2. my PT system developed a weird clicking problem that disappeared after I removed the plugin.
This one is new to me--if you'd care to contact us at either [email protected][tonsofdB].com or through our support forum I'd be happy to start troubleshooting this issue. (Here is not really the right place.)

Take care & thanks for reporting,

-- dj!
Old 4th May 2009
Gear Addict

Just wanted to weigh in here. I used it in my "virtual live efx rack"(macbook pro running mainstage w/ an mbox mini as I/O) on vocals for a live show and it kicked butt! I used a nanokontrol to vary decay time/level and patch changes. Many comments on how great the reverb sounded! This ain't a one trick pony kids.
Old 4th May 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Wow, I gotta tell you, I'm using this thing all the time and it is a lush bitch!

I am pretty friggin' amazed. I've never thought of a plug in verb as "lush" before but that's sure how this sounds to me.

Awesome job.

Gotta buy this when the demo runs out.
It is the best reverb out there I believe!!! YEAH!!
Old 4th May 2009
Gear nut

Hi,
I wouldn't quite agree that this is the best reverb out there.

Have been playing with the RedLine demo for the past few days now, and I do agree that it is fantastic for the price. But after comparing to the Sonnox Reverb, I don't think its in the same league.

Sonnox offers much greater control, and sounds even lusher. The way in which the tails decay on Sonnox I think sounds nicer. I find, it tends to sit in a mix easier than the RedLine.

Don't get me wrong, RedLine is great for the price, and I will probably get it myself when the demo runs out because it is such a bargain. I think its a nice step up from the IK CSR Reverbs but not as good as Sonnox.

Chris
Old 4th May 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by clw123 View Post
Hi,
I wouldn't quite agree that this is the best reverb out there.

Have been playing with the RedLine demo for the past few days now, and I do agree that it is fantastic for the price. But after comparing to the Sonnox Reverb, I don't think its in the same league.

Sonnox offers much greater control, and sounds even lusher. The way in which the tails decay on Sonnox I think sounds nicer. I find, it tends to sit in a mix easier than the RedLine.

Don't get me wrong, RedLine is great for the price, and I will probably get it myself when the demo runs out because it is such a bargain. I think its a nice step up from the IK CSR Reverbs but not as good as Sonnox.

Chris
Beats the C*** out of CSR. And it is nice for the price. But it looses ground severely over the VSS3 from t.c.electronic and Princeton Digital. Does not compete well either with reverb one from digi. However, those are all TDM and if it wasn't for convolution reverbs in RTAS, Redline would probably be my goto reverb for Protools LE. Nice work.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search