The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Redline Reverb Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 23rd April 2009
Lives for gear

I think both Cytomic 'The Glue' and Redline Reverb have really broken the barrier between quality vs price ..... both are up there with the quality of companies charging 2 to 4x the price , Stillwell is also in this catergory .....[/quote]

Don't forget Stillwell (and DDMF). I'm LOVIN the trend!
Old 23rd April 2009
Lives for gear

Thumbs up

Love this thing! Heres a strange thought, maybe on the plugin front the bad economy is a good thing? As some talented programers with the audio bug find them selves with lots of time on their hands they build us these great original plugins. They also sam to be smart enough to keep the price low, and minimal marketing! and we at them up like candy!!

I mean the one thing that keeps me from dumping PTle and going logic is of all things the fact that I would be lost without massey!!!

And Yeah kenny I was just going to demo but after your endorsement and a look at the price it was a no brainer!heh
Old 23rd April 2009
Gear Guru

I collect sub $100 plugins as a hobby.

Just makes you feel soo good.
Old 23rd April 2009
Lives for gear

If you guys don't mind me asking, how does this plug-in compare to the best world-class reverbs out there? Let's say price wasn't so much of a consideration and one was taking into account the classic hardware OTB units too.
Old 23rd April 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Gioia View Post
I collect sub $100 plugins as a hobby.

Just makes you feel soo good.
nice to know those royalties are going toa good cause!
Old 23rd April 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermz View Post
If you guys don't mind me asking, how does this plug-in compare to the best world-class reverbs out there? Let's say price wasn't so much of a consideration and one was taking into account the classic hardware OTB units too.
I hear the lexicon vibe,but the old 300 isn't here for a comparison! and I 've just started playin with it so we shall see!
Demo it heck its $100 what decent verb are you going to find for $100 buy it!
Old 23rd April 2009
Gear Guru

If you told me it was $1,000.00 I wouldn't be surprised. Seriously.

I tried a $350 reverb recently that couldn't hold a candle to this.
Old 23rd April 2009
Lives for gear
I'm too lazy to read the whole thread, what's the copy protection?
Old 23rd April 2009
Lives for gear

It doesn't do what my EMT 246 does for me BUT it is certainly a nice reverb and as good as many hardware units that cost a LOT more.
Old 24th April 2009
Gear nut

Everybody, thanks much for your comments--it's great to see that Redline Reverb is receiving such a warm welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
I'm too lazy to read the whole thread, what's the copy protection?
We use very non-intrusive protection: upon purchase you receive a license keyfile that authorizes the plugin for all eternity. These keyfiles are *not* challenge/response, that is, they are not tied to your hardware or operating system and can be re-used any number of times without our intervention--as long as you own all of the systems you're installing the plugin on, of course.

Take care,

-- dj!
Old 24th April 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj! View Post
My crystal ball tells me--I accidentally typed "my crystal balls tell me" at first--about... your future. It's... an EQ. It looks... red. It will become a part of your life in about... six weeks. Or maybe later. Or sooner. (Image in crystal ball grows fuzzy and FADES OUT.)

-- dj!
Will this EQ be an updated/changed version of the DQ7 Equalizer, or has it nothing to do with it at all?
Old 24th April 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Everybody, thanks much for your comments--it's great to see that Redline Reverb is receiving such a warm welcome!

We use very non-intrusive protection: upon purchase you receive a license keyfile that authorizes the plugin for all eternity. These keyfiles are *not* challenge/response, that is, they are not tied to your hardware or operating system and can be re-used any number of times without our intervention--as long as you own all of the systems you're installing the plugin on, of course.

Take care,

-- dj!
I'm sure you know this. But that kind of honest and dignified treatment of customers is a HUGE plus in my book. Keep up the good work!
Old 25th April 2009
Gear Head

Agree!

I agree with the comments here; the Redline Reverb is superb, especially for the price. I also concur with those who have said kudos for non intrusive software protection... and the generous 60 day trial. 112 is the type of company I like doing business with. Thanks for all your efforts, DJ!

Peace,

Mark

thumbsup
Old 25th April 2009
Lives for gear

I finally had the chance to test this baby and I'm happy to say this one is absolutely going to be my new go to reverb!!

Soundquality is amazing, it makes me wonder if I'm going to be using a hardware reverb ever again. I simply love this reverb and I believe everyone who is searching for a mind blowing reverb pluging should test this beauty as soon as possible! You will LOVE it!

Oh and I must say I totally love 112dB as a company. I'm looking forward to see/hear more plugins!! heh
Old 25th April 2009
Gear maniac

Took the plunge verdict:(Super Dupper)..But i was on the site and in a lil picture i saw a sp1200 like plugin.Sup with that u holding out lol.
Old 25th April 2009
TRW
Lives for gear

Going to spend more time with demo, but used in a mix that went on radio yesterday.

Used as early reverb with bright reflection into an eq and then PCM70.

Total accident, sounded ace.

Not convinved this one is better than the Sonnox verb, but it is under half the price!

-Tom
Old 26th April 2009
Lives for gear

Using the demo. Yup, liking this so far.
Old 26th April 2009
I tried out the reverb and was impressed too. By having a EQ with the reverb, I heard more weight in the vocals. I tried to do the same thing with another reverb and eq plug in, but having the eq in the reverb plug in helps it not sound washy and more solid. I will be getting this plug in too.
Old 26th April 2009
Gear maniac

Yeah, I'm down...been demoing the redline. Beautiful stuff, the first plugin verb I've used that doesnt make the whole mix distant, it can make the mix bigger, wider. I can achieve a sense of depth without sacrificing presence or impact. I'm sold...very happy.

Thanks
Old 26th April 2009
Gear Head

Mixing a Singer/Songwriter project this week... so far only used Redline Verb... AWESOME. So Happy I found this thread!

Up until know I've relied on TL Space. Simple, User Friendly, and just sounds right. At $99 it's a crazy deal... only thing better is the educational discount I can get as a teacher, 1/2 of $99!

Also a big Massey fan (CT4 is my go to compressor)... sure wish there were more quality plugins in the $100 range.
Old 26th April 2009
Gear Addict

so i can put it on both our studio computers?
Old 27th April 2009
Quote:
Good question, and good idea. Redline Reverb is patch compatible--if that's even a term--with the R66, so songs that use the R66 shd automatically load with RR and identical settings. Perhaps we could indeed provide the old R66 presets as an additional preset bank, let me check into that.

That's a classified question--well, the answer is anyway--because I don't like to let plugin cats out of plugin bags prematurely, but let me put it this way: I wouldn't be surprised if we did.

-- dj!
dj, just curious, how much different is the new version sonically from the R66 ?
Old 27th April 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalson View Post
so i can put it on both our studio computers?
Yes... The one license works on ALL of YOUR computers...
Old 27th April 2009
Lives for gear

One more fan here. I'm so happy to have a worthy buddy for the UAD 140 Plate. I compared to the Waves Realverb, the Redline is in a complete different league.
Old 27th April 2009
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-dmusic View Post
dj, just curious, how much different is the new version sonically from the R66 ?
The main DSP algorithm is courtesy of Martijn Zwartjes--he of the Rev-6, Space Master, and yes the R66--and I don't know the exact technical details of what he tweaked in there, but my understanding is that it shd be pretty close. Have to admit I'm not all that familiar with R66, but it's definitely best described as "tweaks" than "major changes". Which is an ongoing process BTW; even though the basic algorithm was developed a long time ago we will continue to improve it for Redline Reverb 2 and beyond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzi
Yes... The one license works on ALL of YOUR computers...
Correct. And you're free to install it on as many computers as you like, provided you own all of them of course.

I do want to point out though that this is strictly intended as a convenience to allow you to work on different (but personal) computers, with the understanding that most of the time only one copy is run at the same time. It is *not* a multi-user or unlimited use license--if you run, for example, a production setting where 10 employees all work with their own copy we respectfully ask you to do the right thing and buy 10 licenses, even though technically nothing prevents you from using a single license for all of them. Just a matter of gentlemanly trust and not wanting to burden our users with cumbersome or restrictive copy protection schemes.

Peace,

-- dj!
Old 28th April 2009
Lives for gear

OK, 2 simple things that are throwing me off here.

1) Plugin works fine until I hit the bypass button, at which point it "bypasses" like normal, but then it won't come back on no matter how many times I hit the bypass button again. The only way to bring it back on is to actually "de-activate", then "re-activate" the plugin.

Anyone else noticing this in Pro Tools?

2) Constantly annoyed by all the pop-up "tool-tip" windows that might help me figure out what certain functions do, but instead keep popping up so I'm constantly clicking just so I can actually see the interface. Plus the company logo keeps popping up which virtually covers the entire GUI of the plugin.

Any way to turn this function off?

PTLE 7.4 on Mac OSX 10.4
Old 28th April 2009
Gear nut

1) That is a known issue in PT on PowerPC that I still need to get to the bottom of. Does it also happen when you click the "redline reverb" logo to enable bypass or when you click Bypass on the PT window?

2) There currently isn't but this will be addressed in a (the?) next update.

Take care,

-- dj!
Old 28th April 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
1) That is a known issue in PT on PowerPC that I still need to get to the bottom of. Does it also happen when you click the "redline reverb" logo to enable bypass or when you click Bypass on the PT window?

2) There currently isn't but this will be addressed in a (the?) next update.

Take care,

-- dj!

1) Yeah, I should've said PowerPC G5. It happens either way. When the plug opens the "redline reverb" logo is lit up. If I click on that logo it greys out and the plugin goes into actual "bypass" mode as far as Pro Tools plugs go. After that, there's no bringin it back. If I click on the logo after that it will just kind of "blink" on with each mouse click but doesn't "stick", and the reverb just stays completely bypassed. Also, when clicking on the grey'd out logo the Pro Tools bypass button doesn't "blink" at all, it just stays bypassed.

2) That would be awsome!
Old 28th April 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benmrx View Post
1) Yeah, I should've said PowerPC G5. It happens either way. When the plug opens the "redline reverb" logo is lit up. If I click on that logo it greys out and the plugin goes into actual "bypass" mode as far as Pro Tools plugs go. After that, there's no bringin it back. If I click on the logo after that it will just kind of "blink" on with each mouse click but doesn't "stick", and the reverb just stays completely bypassed. Also, when clicking on the grey'd out logo the Pro Tools bypass button doesn't "blink" at all, it just stays bypassed.

2) That would be awsome!
I can confirm this as well!

PowerMac G5 DualCore 2.3 (PPC) with 8GB of RAM, Tiger 10.4.11,
Digidesign Digi 002 (Console), Pro Tools LE 7.3.1cs8
Old 29th April 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marando View Post
Will this EQ be an updated/changed version of the DQ7 Equalizer, or has it nothing to do with it at all?
Could you please answer this question? Thanks in advance! heh
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search