The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Anybody get this email from Toontrack?
Old 11th April 2009
True.
Old 11th April 2009
Lives for gear

I agree with Animus and others who say they should stick with drums. If they were showing real dexterity with product releases perhaps I would think differently, but diverging from what has made them successful in the first place sounds like a recipe for mediocrity. The way I see it, is they went from the original interface (which was horrible) to one that's good. I'd hardly call that a plateau.

-SD
Old 11th April 2009
Funny that people are prejudging - at this early stage, without even knowing what this is all about.
Old 11th April 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
Funny that people are prejudging - at this early stage, without even knowing what this is all about.
thumbsup

Just try to climb into the creators minds and add some nice ideas.

Greetz,

Paul
Old 11th April 2009
Lives for gear

They've made a name in sample drums and I think they might be heading for stuff like percussion,etc.... But to do anything like bass or guitars, I dunno....Do they have the manpower to continue to keep up the good work on drums and expand into other stuff....?

Take Native Instruments for example. They keep putting out new studio like the Maschine but slacked off on certain things such as PT support for their products. I'm still unable to use 1/2 their stuff on PT8 with a few usable but crippled (such as turn off 1 cpu for rtas,etc)
Old 11th April 2009
Lives for gear
I absolutely welcome the idea of Toontrack doing anything else. Superior Drums and the NY add ons are just fantastic. I would love to see if they could raise the bar on amp modeling. It NEEDS to be raised.
Old 11th April 2009
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnkenn View Post
I absolutely welcome the idea of Toontrack doing anything else. Superior Drums and the NY add ons are just fantastic. I would love to see if they could raise the bar on amp modeling. It NEEDS to be raised.
if they do make an amp modeling software it NEEDS to be better then the rest or there is no point. amp modeling got better and better and in the past year basically evened out. All the new modelers are comparable. none really "that" much better then the other. so now we have at least 10 amp modeling softwares out there that are similar in quality. Would love to see something take the next step.
Old 11th April 2009
Lives for gear

It would be cool if they re-released all the EZX libraries for Superior so you get the full benefit rather than just the functionality (ie. release the full 24 bit samples.)
Old 11th April 2009
Mho
Lives for gear

I hope they are doing EZ BASS. That area needs to be well covered. I think that sampling a rock bass is way easier than any drum instrument, and if they can make a sampled hihat sound smooth, why not try it with a bass?
Old 14th April 2009
Gear Maniac

I agree. I'd love to see an EZ Bass!!
Old 14th April 2009
Lives for gear

Sampled bass is like sampled guitar to me - WAY too hard to play convincingly on a keyboard. There are too many note choices and combinations along with attacks that make trying to comp that on a keyboard harder than learning it on the instrument itself in my experience. Toontrack has done such a great job with the rooms/drums they have that as far as I am concerned, they can do more rooms and more kits of the same quality and I would keep buying them.
Old 15th April 2009
I would love to see a great sampled library of chromatic percussion. Marimba, xylophone, vibraphone, glockenspiels, the works. I doubt this will be done though 'cause no one seems to be interested.
Old 15th April 2009
Mho
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledoodler View Post
I would love to see a great sampled library of chromatic percussion. Marimba, xylophone, vibraphone, glockenspiels, the works. I doubt this will be done though 'cause no one seems to be interested.
+1

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A sampled xylophone/glockenspiel would be great!!!
Old 14th July 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnkenn View Post
Since the release of Superior Drummer 2.0 in June of 2008 we have worked on releases that have strengthened both the EZ and Superior product lines. The Funkmasters and Jazz EZXs, the first SDX for Superior Drummer 2.0, New York Studios Vol 2 and the latest addition to the Toontrack Software Tools,Drumtracker, our stand alone sound replacement software for drums.
I have just one really quick question regarding the Funkmasters expansion pack.

I have purchased Superior Drummer 2.0 but I read here somewhere the Funkmasters is designed to integrate with the EZ Drummer, not Superior Drummer 2.0

If I purchase the Funkmasters EZX, will it work fully with Superior Drummer 2.0?

By the way, the "Neo Funk 1" demo example on the site sounds great - I'd love to know what kind of processing was used. i.e. the distorted kick etc, is it achievable from with the program. Any comments here would be great.

Cheers
Old 14th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spall View Post
I have just one really quick question regarding the Funkmasters expansion pack.

I have purchased Superior Drummer 2.0 but I read here somewhere the Funkmasters is designed to integrate with the EZ Drummer, not Superior Drummer 2.0

If I purchase the Funkmasters EZX, will it work fully with Superior Drummer 2.0?

By the way, the "Neo Funk 1" demo example on the site sounds great - I'd love to know what kind of processing was used. i.e. the distorted kick etc, is it achievable from with the program. Any comments here would be great.

Cheers
All EZXs, including the Funkmasters EZX, will load and be fully functional in S2. In reality, there are more things to tweak (tuning toms, envelope filter, fxs, routing, more extensive bleed control, etc.) when EZXs are loading into S2 as apposed to EZdrummer.

The only requirement to run EZXs inside S2 (if you don't have EZdrummer installed already) is that EZplayer pro be installed and authorized. EZplayer pro ships free with all S2 packages so it shouldn't be a big deal if you don't have it installed already.

I'm not sure about the second half of your question re: the "Neo Funk 1" demo. Perhaps post the question over at the Toontrack forum and maybe one of the Toons can shed more light.
Old 14th July 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_sibs View Post
All EZXs, including the Funkmasters EZX, will load and be fully functional in S2. In reality, there are more things to tweak (tuning toms, envelope filter, fxs, routing, more extensive bleed control, etc.) when EZXs are loading into S2 as apposed to EZdrummer.

The only requirement to run EZXs inside S2 (if you don't have EZdrummer installed already) is that EZplayer pro be installed and authorized. EZplayer pro ships free with all S2 packages so it shouldn't be a big deal if you don't have it installed already.

I'm not sure about the second half of your question re: the "Neo Funk 1" demo. Perhaps post the question over at the Toontrack forum and maybe one of the Toons can shed more light.
Thank you kindly, and as suggested I'll shoot over to the forum re the demo.

Cheers
Old 14th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
With these products we have come to a point where we've finally fulfilled our initial vision of being able to offer a product line that encompasses all the needs you might have in producing, writing and playing drums and percussion.
Yes, if they would release a 6-piece Yammy Recording Custom, with all Zildjian-K Custom cymbals, that is.
Old 14th July 2009
Lives for gear

I'd love them to do something that models Bass amps and cabinets or maybe even a bass sample player. I think there's not enough out there. I'm talking real basses and not synth.
Old 14th July 2009
Gear Head

Orchestral percussion!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search