The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Redco Audio Mac G5 Vertcal Rackmount Frame
Old 18th July 2005
Gear Nut

Redco Audio Mac G5 Vertcal Rackmount Frame

Just wanted to let everyone know that Redco's updated version of their Mac G5 Vertical Rackmount Frame solution is now available.

The most signifigant improvement is that it now has securing clips which anchor the chassis to the shelf, which allow this unit to be used in mobile racks as well as stationary studio furniture.

The "sideways" rackmounting is stiil here, allowing up to 5U of rackspace next to your G5, so you can still take advantage of the rackspace your G5 takes up.

Please take a moment and see our detail page here:
Redco G5 Vertical Rackmount

Thanks all!
Chris Stubbs
Redco Audio
Old 23rd February 2006
DRC
Lives for gear
Hey Chris.

Checked out the website. Seeing how Marathons now defunct, you seem to have the lone rackmounting system for the G5. Though I might shoot this idea at you on the forum and see if any other suggestions might come up. Of course it all depends on this question: Will the frame work for rear rails as well?

It seems like it would. I noticed the bracing clips are kind of like small tabs. Have you ever thought of braces that would clamp the G5 down running the full depth of the chassis on both the top rail brace and the bottom? It seems like that might completely imobilize the G5 for those that take a DAW out on remote, or for shipping a whole rig.

Or are you of the opinion that the tabs hold it as secure as it's going to get?

Thanks
Old 23rd February 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisredco
http://redco.com/g5rackmount.asp
i'm getting a 404 on that link.
Old 23rd February 2006
DRC
Lives for gear
I did too. So I went to redco.com, then products.
Old 11th September 2008
DRC
Lives for gear
Any news on this? Does it clamp down in the back and on the top handles?
Old 12th September 2008
A33
Gear Addict

link Here

From their website

Quote:
Redco, an innovator in custom rack and cabling solutions, has designed a rack mount for the Apple Mac G5™ that is both efficient and cost effective. The G5-1210 allows one G5 to be rack mounted standing upright. Redco’s vertical rack mount for the G5 is made of 16 and 11 gauge black powder texture coated steel, is easy to install and requires no modification to the G5 case.

This frame takes 12U of rackspace, the same amount needed by the G5 case itself.
The bottom shelf has a depth of 20.5"

Creative in design, the space to the right or left of the G5 can either support computer peripherals like external hard drives, CD or DVD burners, etc. Or, you can vertically mount up to 5 1U rack mount devices (very convenient for ProTools™ users), thus making full use of the extra space!

This NEW, IMPROVED version of our G5 Rackshelf now includes Securing Clips to hold the G5 chassis securely onto the shelf bottom. This allows the unit to be used for mobile applications, as well as stable studio environments.

• WORKS WITH MAC PRO!

All necessary hardware as well as Full color assembly instructions are included.
Attached Thumbnails
Redco Audio Mac G5 Vertcal Rackmount Frame-g5photo_front.jpg   Redco Audio Mac G5 Vertcal Rackmount Frame-g5-1210hd_closeup.jpg  
Old 14th September 2008
DRC
Lives for gear
The problem with the picture is that you can't see under the Mac if the tab locks the chassis down to the shelf. I do this the question has been answered though as to if it lock on the top rail which it looks like it doesn't. I'm just wondering if this would keep the MAC immobile enough for travel? You never know when someone helping you happens to set a rack down on it's side. Whoops!
Old 17th September 2008
Gear Nut

Yes, apologies on the less-than stellar pics of this unit.

The clips only secure the unit to the tray at the bottom, not to anything up top.

This allows the unit to stay secure if left upright when mobile, but cannot be put upside down or on it's side.

Thanks,
Chris Stubbs
Redco Audio

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search