The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Buzz Audio REQ-2.2
Old 17th October 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind-Over-Midi View Post
So did you get them? what do you think? Thanks!
Just received them a couple days ago. Build quality looks incredible. I might be able to check it out a little this weekend, Digitmus is getting one also and we are hanging out. Should be able to do some more extensive tests next week.
Old 19th October 2008
Lives for gear

Cool!

Old 19th October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanEldred View Post
Just received them a couple days ago. Build quality looks incredible. I might be able to check it out a little this weekend, Digitmus is getting one also and we are hanging out. Should be able to do some more extensive tests next week.
Hi Nathan,

I'm looking forward to getting one in for the Tape-Op review when the mastering version hits the states! Tim said shortly... Keep me posted.

best regards,
Larry
Old 20th October 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertone View Post
Hi Nathan,

I'm looking forward to getting one in for the Tape-Op review when the mastering version hits the states! Tim said shortly... Keep me posted.

best regards,
Larry
Thanks Larry, we'll definitely keep you updatedthumbsup
Old 6th November 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanEldred View Post

Bump.

Old 7th November 2008

UPDATE

OK, we finally have a demo Mastering version of the REQ arriving into the USA and also into the EU. If anyone is keen to hear it, please send me a message and I'll put you in touch with the appropriate contact.

Currently the Mastering version uses very expensive Swiss ELMA stepped switches for the boost/cut. Whilst we will continue to offer this version (to order), we will also be able to offer a cheaper Mastering version using a lower cost but very cool switch made by Palazzo in Italy for only a few hundred bucks more than the standard version.
Old 7th November 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Farrant View Post
UPDATE

OK, we finally have a demo Mastering version of the REQ arriving into the USA and also into the EU. If anyone is keen to hear it, please send me a message and I'll put you in touch with the appropriate contact.

Currently the Mastering version uses very expensive Swiss ELMA stepped switches for the boost/cut. Whilst we will continue to offer this version (to order), we will also be able to offer a cheaper Mastering version using a lower cost but very cool switch made by Palazzo in Italy for only a few hundred bucks more than the standard version.
Very cool Tim, can't wait to hear it!

Regarding the switches (I know how ELMA's are), how do these Palazzo's wear over time? Any accelerated testing done on them?

best,
Larry
Old 20th January 2009
Gear Addict

Up!

So anyone can review that beautiful looking beast?
Old 20th January 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertone View Post
Very cool Tim, can't wait to hear it!

Regarding the switches (I know how ELMA's are), how do these Palazzo's wear over time? Any accelerated testing done on them?

best,
Larry
Larry will be getting REQ-ME very soon for reveiw.

In answer to the switches question, Palazzo quote a longer life than ELMA does, so who knows? I expect the Palazzo to be reliable, a bit more chunky feel however. Easily replaced if needed in the future and not too expensive.
Old 20th January 2009
Mastering Moderator

thumbsup

To all those who have a chance to test it this or that side of the pond (and especially the M version) please keep us posted!
Old 12th February 2009
Lives for gear

Has no one heard one of these puppies yet? Need details... trying to organize a demo at the moment.

Matt
Old 15th February 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattGray View Post
Has no one heard one of these puppies yet? Need details... trying to organize a demo at the moment.

Matt
Get a demo... you wont be disappointed.

Got the mastering version in on Friday for review and testing... Wow, this is sweet and musical sounding while being very surgical as well. Best of all worlds so far.

Will be testing it against the Sontec 430, GML9500, Masterpiece and Prism EQ's... I'll keep you posted.

Very cool to hear all the relays shutting down when it's switched off... reminds me of my old consoles from yesteryear (or my Electrodyne today!).

I spent most of yesterday just playing with this EQ, that is something I haven't done in years. I like it when a piece of kit gets me so excited I want to go in on my day off just to use it!
Old 3rd May 2009

The REQ will be on demo at the Audio Import booth (#2010) at the Munich AES this coming weekend. A chance for some to hear and feel it!
Old 4th May 2009
Lives for gear

Most responsive 1/2 dB eq i've ever heard. Very tight and focused bottom end, and the ultimate eq i've ever heard. Have only heard and played around with 3 mastering eq (massive passive, weiss and api 5500).

My mastering engineer loves this eq so much.
Old 9th May 2009
Lives for gear

Buzz Audio is one of the mlost underrated manufacturer of pro audio gear out there!

Folks!

Realy!

Go check out Tims gear.

The MA, ARC, SOC, REQ, MPE, ... it's THE real deal!
Old 9th May 2009
Lives for gear

I played with it at the AES in Munich and it was worth the trip

Jo
Old 23rd September 2009

Just to let you know, we now have a demo REQ2.2 available in the UK, I know there were a few interested in hearing it. Feel free to contact me about getting hold of it.

Cheers
Tim.
Old 12th February 2010
Gear Addict

Just a short bump for a great piece of gear.

I'm a lucky owner since 4 months and I'm still so excited every time I use it. This thing is so unique and musical, I'm startled how harsh and 2D even the (supposedly) best plugin EQs sound compared to it. Just a different world and best buy ever!

If someone wants to hear the REQ2.2.ME in Berlin, Germany, just PM me!
Old 14th February 2010
Lives for gear

not to be outdone

the REQ sounds good here in texas, too!
Old 14th February 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagz View Post
a donde?
Old 14th February 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagz View Post
a donde?

edit: ah, i see you're in Beaumont. nice!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search