The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
SAE buys AMS Neve!!!!
Old 10th February 2006
Lives for gear

SAE is simply what you make of it.
so is NEVE, to a certain extent.

I'm very interested to see future NEVE HARDWARE developments, on the software side I'm very interested to see where they're taking encore plus and how well it works.

anyone got any experience? how painless/effective is the PT session automation import?

does it seem to work 1:1 or is there a lot of tweaking involved to get the automation to match the way it worked in PT ?

in other words:

HOW'S IT SOUND BUDDY ? ? ?
Old 22nd April 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by denial View Post
SAE is the McDonalds of audio education.
Can you say "Would you like fries with that?"
It is whatever you make of it. It comes down to the drive of the student and where their passion takes them...SAE provides the basics and gear to learn it on...unless you've gone through the curriculum, which Im doubting, keep the negative thoughts to yourself.
Old 22nd April 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Just had someone from SAE-Neve round here (dropping off a 1073DPA)

They said that the new head honcho (SAE owner) is VERY into music...

So one can expect developments / new products not just for the guys in suits that do broadcast & film... but for music folks too

Interesting times ahead....
Tom Misner is into music as well, who isnt in the biz, he's just better at business.
It doesnt mean anything, the business was bought as an investment to be profitable. If he needs to cut corners, he'll do the same thing Tom did, perhaps with a little more grace.
Old 22nd April 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by chester View Post
SAE = (for me) biggest rip-off. lazy engineers try to learn you stuff for a lot of money better be invested in gear and knowledge ( Books....).

SAE is maybe good for the one who is to lazy to read and try his own, but not for the who allready know alot of studioknowledge, cause it dont get too deep in my opinion.
It would seem, by your perspective, that no school would work for you. This isnt a bad thing necessarily, but all SAE is...is just that, a school. You are taught basics and you take it further and go deep, as far as you like...

From my understanding, it touches on many different areas, so that students and decide what they are interested in and pursue a career. That is just like any college or institution in the world. Then you go to grad school, etc. As we all know, going to any school for anything is not going to guarantee you a job.

I would argue, that if a student truly applied themselves at SAE, they would set themselves up nicely in the real world. Not everyone has the connections to get a studio internship and since there are many like minded people around you during you studies, unless you are a complete nut, you'll probably partner up with at least one person and go from there.

Success comes from within, not a diploma.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search