The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
powercore 6000
Old 23rd June 2009 | Show parent
  #61
Lives for gear
 
TheMarqueeYears's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
HELP!

I have copy and pasted this from another thread I started - but in the vain hope someone from TC might read this - or as it's a Powercore 6000 thread - someone may know the answer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucky me .... I picked up a new Powercore 6000 for £1K (serious bargain) Go TC - now that's what I call a sale

But as I've already got a PoCo Express card installed in my DAW (PC)
do I run the installer again or will the Powercore 6000 just use the drivers already present?

Or Do I have to uninstall and reinstall?

Anyone out there with a multiple Powercore set up, can help me?

Thanks
TMY
Old 23rd June 2009 | Show parent
  #62
Gear Addict
 
Max headroom's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Thank You very much for reply ....

Could You just clear out about MD3 ?

And are diferences between MD3 i MD4 are just in bands , or algorythms are better on MD4 ?

And another thing .... how exactly do You port VSS 3 presets to PoCo ? I have tried , but it can not do it straight to floppy , but first to some kind of memory card .... We did not succeed ....

Cheers


Max

P.S. the prices of Poco 6000 are maaaad great work !!!!
Old 26th June 2009 | Show parent
  #63
F5D
Lives for gear
 
F5D's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Seems like the great offer for the Poco 6000 at DV247 just ended. Thomann do not list it anymore either. The DV-page lists a price of 1999 GBP but still says that it is less than half price. They also have several other products that have jumped in price dramatically lately. For example Soundcraft Ghost desks, both 24ch and 32ch, suddenly jumped like 2000 GBP each that pretty much cancelled my plans to purchase one.
Old 26th June 2009 | Show parent
  #64
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by F5D View Post
Seems like the great offer for the Poco 6000 at DV247 just ended. Thomann do not list it anymore either. The DV-page lists a price of 1999 GBP but still says that it is less than half price. They also have several other products that have jumped in price dramatically lately. For example Soundcraft Ghost desks, both 24ch and 32ch, suddenly jumped like 2000 GBP each that pretty much cancelled my plans to purchase one.

KMR still has it listed at the low price. I received one from them a couple of days ago. Well worth 1000£.
Old 27th June 2009 | Show parent
  #65
Lives for gear
 
Phaidon's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by F5D View Post
Seems like the great offer for the Poco 6000 at DV247 just ended. Thomann do not list it anymore either. The DV-page lists a price of 1999 GBP but still says that it is less than half price. They also have several other products that have jumped in price dramatically lately. For example Soundcraft Ghost desks, both 24ch and 32ch, suddenly jumped like 2000 GBP each that pretty much cancelled my plans to purchase one.
Thomann never had it in stock at the low price, I believe.
They said they had new units comin in around the 2nd week of July and then a couple of days ago they took the product off their website!
Old 28th June 2009 | Show parent
  #66
Lives for gear
 
TheMarqueeYears's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
I got mine for £1K from Andertons here in the UK - I noticed this morning they still have 4 in stock.

My friend at DV247 told me to grab one as it really was a genuine baragin and not the new price.

I still can't beleive I got ALL the system 6000 plugins for £1K the MD3 alone costs £750!

TC lost the plot for a moment there - thanks TC.

Mind you - I see the actual 8X unit that comes with the plugins as a very large 19" dongle. but it really is worth the price of admission.

I was shocked when yesturday I upgraded my Sonnox EQ and Inflator to Powercore 3 and Native.

Check this out.

On my Powercore 6000 I can run 16 stereo instances of the EQ and filters.
On my quadcore DAW I can run 240!!!!

LOL - 16 ! come on that's a freakin dongle no matter how you look at it.

Mind you those 6000 plugins WOW WOW WOW

The DVR2 is now my favourite reverb for vocals it's just wonderful and beats every convo IR I have hands down.

Anyone else love the Tube Tech CL1B - I'm saving for it - it blows me away.

Best
TMY
Old 4th July 2009 | Show parent
  #67
Lives for gear
 
Phaidon's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarqueeYears View Post

TC lost the plot for a moment there - thanks TC.


TMY
No sh*t ! WTF is going on @ TC ?? They offered the PoCo 6000 at a special and then they changed their mind or something?

The price went back-up again!
Old 4th July 2009 | Show parent
  #68
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaidon View Post
No sh*t ! WTF is going on @ TC ?? They offered the PoCo 6000 at a special and then they changed their mind or something?

The price went back-up again!
While stocks last, that was what the promotion said...
Old 4th July 2009 | Show parent
  #69
Lives for gear
 
TheMarqueeYears's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuno_F View Post
While stocks last, that was what the promotion said...
My local shop told me to grab one anywhere I could as it was a one off offer.

So I did.

And the system is fantastic - I am really impressed by DVR2 - I've never used it before but if is fantastic on vocals - my favourite ITB reverb so far.

I'm sill in dis-belief I got the whole thing for £1000.

I had saved up £650 to buy MD3 and was about to buy it when BANG for another £350 I got the full monty (all seven System 6000 plugs) plus a Powercore 8x thrown in for free.

Strange times indeed.

TMY
Old 4th July 2009 | Show parent
  #70
Lives for gear
 
Phaidon's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuno_F View Post
While stocks last, that was what the promotion said...
No,not really!

I talked to someone at D.V. and they told me they were comin in the first week of July,at the discounted price. Thomann also had the same shipping date. Now it doesn't even show on Thomann's site!?
Old 4th July 2009 | Show parent
  #71
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaidon View Post
No,not really!

I talked to someone at D.V. and they told me they were comin in the first week of July,at the discounted price. Thomann also had the same shipping date. Now it doesn't even show on Thomann's site!?
Well, at KMR that's what it says in the promotion. It's still there on the website, but I don'tknow if they have any stock left.
Old 4th July 2009 | Show parent
  #72
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarqueeYears View Post
My local shop told me to grab one anywhere I could as it was a one off offer.

So I did.

And the system is fantastic - I am really impressed by DVR2 - I've never used it before but if is fantastic on vocals - my favourite ITB reverb so far.

I'm sill in dis-belief I got the whole thing for £1000.

I had saved up £650 to buy MD3 and was about to buy it when BANG for another £350 I got the full monty (all seven System 6000 plugs) plus a Powercore 8x thrown in for free.

Strange times indeed.

TMY
It's a very good deal indeed. I bought it more for the reverbs. I was planning on getting the PCIe powercore and using the voucher to get VSS3, but then I saw this. I am glad I didn't resist the urge to buy it as I am amazed by the quality of the whole package. The virus plug in also impressed me a lot.
Old 5th July 2009 | Show parent
  #73
Lives for gear
 
TheMarqueeYears's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Yo Nuno

The TC 6000 reverbs are great, I had a demo of the VSS3 already, so I knew I wanted that, but the suprise for me was the DVR2 is just fantastic on my vocals.

If you do home mastering the "Brickwall" limiter is in a class of it's own - I find it totally stunning as a transparant limiter, I have never found anything to beat it - I have wanted it for 5 years! so this deal with TC has been brilliant for me.

A few months before I had just upgraded my old Powercore PCI card to the Express card - maybe a waste of money in retrospect, however I do now have 12 DSP cores available - so that does take some load off my CPU.

What do you think of the Tube Tech CL1B?

TMY
Old 5th July 2009 | Show parent
  #74
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarqueeYears View Post
Yo Nuno

The TC 6000 reverbs are great, I had a demo of the VSS3 already, so I knew I wanted that, but the suprise for me was the DVR2 is just fantastic on my vocals.

If you do home mastering the "Brickwall" limiter is in a class of it's own - I find it totally stunning as a transparant limiter, I have never found anything to beat it - I have wanted it for 5 years! so this deal with TC has been brilliant for me.

A few months before I had just upgraded my old Powercore PCI card to the Express card - maybe a waste of money in retrospect, however I do now have 12 DSP cores available - so that does take some load off my CPU.

What do you think of the Tube Tech CL1B?

TMY
Yes, the brickwall limiter does sound very good. It was on of the things I was missing as well. I tried some presets from MD3 and I also liked them, although I don't really know how to use multi band compression yet.

The tube tech is very nice. I tried that on a drum loop and it the result was excellent. It actually reminds me of one of the compressors that comes with nebula free. I think it's called Boeing 747 or something similar. Anyway, I have a liquid mix so I am not really buying any compressors in the near future.

Overall it's an excellent package and it worked almost flawlessly on my system, with the exception of the virus that just crashed the whole thing if it was loaded on the last DSP's of the unit.

I am very happy with it
Old 5th July 2009
  #75
GS Community Manager
 
Whitecat's Avatar
The £1k Poco 6000s in the UK...

Andertons.co.uk is showing 1 left at £1,019

Absolutemusic.co.uk has a few in stock also at £1,019

Soundslive.co.uk has it listed (£1,099 so £80 more than the two above) - they don't have stock info on the page but generally when they're out of something it says so.

KMR still has it at £1,021 on their website so they may have them too still but I'd advise you ring them to check...
Old 7th July 2009
  #76
Here for the gear
 
🎧 10 years
Red face asd

suonatalingmu300lye258jiewu98rage672
Old 7th July 2009 | Show parent
  #77
Gear Guru
 
elambo's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuno_F View Post
I tried some presets from MD3 and I also liked them, although I don't really know how to use multi band compression yet.
Spend some time learning MD3 - it's a great plugin.
Old 7th July 2009 | Show parent
  #78
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
Spend some time learning MD3 - it's a great plugin.
Will definitely try to. It did sound very impressive.
Old 20th November 2009 | Show parent
  #79
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarqueeYears View Post
I got mine for £1K from Andertons here in the UK - I noticed this morning they still have 4 in stock.

My friend at DV247 told me to grab one as it really was a genuine baragin and not the new price.

I still can't beleive I got ALL the system 6000 plugins for £1K the MD3 alone costs £750!

TC lost the plot for a moment there - thanks TC.

Mind you - I see the actual 8X unit that comes with the plugins as a very large 19" dongle. but it really is worth the price of admission.

I was shocked when yesturday I upgraded my Sonnox EQ and Inflator to Powercore 3 and Native.

Check this out.

On my Powercore 6000 I can run 16 stereo instances of the EQ and filters.
On my quadcore DAW I can run 240!!!!

LOL - 16 ! come on that's a freakin dongle no matter how you look at it.

Mind you those 6000 plugins WOW WOW WOW

The DVR2 is now my favourite reverb for vocals it's just wonderful and beats every convo IR I have hands down.

Anyone else love the Tube Tech CL1B - I'm saving for it - it blows me away.

Best
TMY
Those DSP's in the Powercore are only 150MHz. There's no way they'd be more powerful than a modern multicore CPU.
Old 20th November 2009 | Show parent
  #80
Lives for gear
 
TheMarqueeYears's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
?

I know, if you read my post, I say it's a 19" dongle, that's no news around here.

Just my luck they'll release the 6000 plugins native

TMY
Old 20th November 2009 | Show parent
  #81
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarqueeYears View Post
?

I know, if you read my post, I say it's a 19" dongle, that's no news around here.

Just my luck they'll release the 6000 plugins native

TMY
What makes you think they will do that?
Old 20th November 2009 | Show parent
  #82
Lives for gear
 
TheMarqueeYears's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuno_F View Post
What makes you think they will do that?
Nothing.

I was just thinking aloud - I personally prefer DSP but that's just me.

Anyway after reading another post, I see 4.0 is coming and hopefully Vss4 and MD4 that would be a huge boost for the plateform.

I serioulsy doubt TC shift many System 6000 these days, maybe none!

So porting over the final few of the top top plugins would give Poco a new lease of life without doubt.

TMY
Old 21st April 2010 | Show parent
  #83
Lives for gear
 
nott's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
whats going on??? i´m waiting for new drivers.
tc is working to slow on new powercore drivers.
Old 21st April 2010 | Show parent
  #84
Lives for gear
 
nott's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
ok - no public drivers there... shame on tc!!
Old 22nd January 2011 | Show parent
  #85
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Goodbye and thanks for all the fish.....
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 88 views: 20376
Avatar for Glenn Bucci
Glenn Bucci 28th November 2020
replies: 248 views: 33981
Avatar for dxavier
dxavier 27th May 2011
replies: 144 views: 16227
Avatar for crystalmsc
crystalmsc 12th December 2017
replies: 254 views: 35039
Avatar for andrewj
andrewj 27th November 2020
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump