The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DrMS spatial processor plugin
Old 28th July 2008
Lives for gear

DrMS spatial processor plugin

mathewlane.com releases DrMS spatial processor plugin

Ghent, Belgium - July 28th, 2008

DrMS presents a new way to approach the manipulation of stereo audio. It is based on MS (Mid-Side) processing, although DrMS splits the stereo signal into four sections rather than the normal two, giving you new levels of control: zoom in, add depth, change width or any combination and more. DrMS takes you wherever you want to go in the stereo field.

Each of the four sections has a resonant high pass filter to clean up the lows and a tilt equalizer to soften the highs, plus a sample-based delay line to slightly shift the signal against the other sections. The level and combination of the different sections will result in various changes of the stereo field.

The flexible controls ensure a wide range of applications, both for mixing and mastering as well as for post production. Use DrMS for tasks going from simple MS encoding/decoding, over stereo field and depth enhancement, to fixing mono compatibility issues and more.

For easy A/B comparision between original and processed signal, an autogain circuit is build in to ensure a level matched output.

Mix engineer Dylan '3D' Dresdow (Black Eyed Peas, Michael Jackson, Usher) says: "The DrMS plugin gives you unrivaled high performance control over stereo material. It redefines the boundaries, literally, of stereo imaging and depth."

Engineer/producer Emre Ramazanoglu (Lou Rhodes, fxpansion BFD2, Alexander McQueen) says: "It's innovative concept and user-friendly interface has enabled me to reach some spaces I didn't think I could get to before."

DrMS runs as AU/VST2/RTAS plugin on OSX and as VST2/RTAS plugin on Windows.

DrMS is immediately available for only 25euro (ex. VAT) at www.mathewlane.com . A demo version is also offered.
Attached Thumbnails
DrMS spatial processor plugin-drmsscreenshot.jpg  
Old 28th July 2008
Lives for gear

Looks great -- now about the website.

Speaking from experience, the prospect of a "instant download' is something that can boost sales exponentially. Once you sell a few of these beats, check out:

DLGuard - Download page protector, create expiring download links

This software protects YOUR software and offers instant download on your site (no -- i am not affiliated with them i just use it)
Old 28th July 2008 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirocco View Post
Looks great
Thanks!

Quote:
Speaking from experience, the prospect of a "instant download' is something that can boost sales exponentially.
The reason I can't do this is because I'm under Belgian law, which has different rules depending on the location of the buyer. Therefor, all sales are handled manually by myself, to ensure a smooth buying experience with full support
Old 28th July 2008 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Looks very cool but sadly pluggo is a no go with Cubase 4 and Nuendo 4 on the Mac platform
Old 30th July 2008 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by redroom View Post
Looks very cool but sadly pluggo is a no go with Cubase 4 and Nuendo 4 on the Mac platform
I wonder too why Steinberg doesn't support their own VST standard on Mac anymore

Can't do much about it, maybe a new version of Pluggo will do VST3. If I didn't develope using Pluggo, my plugin would have been AU only, so it's defenately more compatible now

Hope you all like it
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDeltaM View Post
I wonder too why Steinberg doesn't support their own VST standard on Mac anymore

Can't do much about it, maybe a new version of Pluggo will do VST3. If I didn't develope using Pluggo, my plugin would have been AU only, so it's defenately more compatible now

Hope you all like it

Cubase and nuendo 4 do support vst 2.4 but sadly pluggo does not adhere to this spec correctly.Im sure they will be updating it soon now they have Max/MSP 5 out the door.I look forward to being able to try out your plug in.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by redroom View Post
Cubase and nuendo 4 do support vst 2.4 but sadly pluggo does not adhere to this spec correctly.Im sure they will be updating it soon now they have Max/MSP 5 out the door.I look forward to being able to try out your plug in.
Yeah, Pluggo currently does VST2.3, which is fine for most VST-hosts. I hope as well they release VST2.4 & VST3 support soon for Mac Cubase/Nuendo4 users!
Lives for gear

Quote:
Looks great -- now about the website.

Speaking from experience, the prospect of a "instant download' is something that can boost sales exponentially. Once you sell a few of these beats, check out:

DLGuard - Download page protector, create expiring download links

This software protects YOUR software and offers instant download on your site (no -- i am not affiliated with them i just use it)
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-cue View Post
he doesnt offer his product as instant download -- so i was making a suggestion, but his country does not allow it
Old 31st July 2008 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Ah, gotcha... I was just confused about the 'beats' thing...
Old 1st August 2008 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-cue View Post
Ah, gotcha... I was just confused about the 'beats' thing...
awww cmon
it was supposed to be "beast"
Old 11th August 2008 | Show parent

WOW - I'm surprised more people haven't jumped on this. Theres nothing out there that does this!!! Its totally GREAT for all widening and stereo manipulation!! Ever wanted to just sneak the bv's a little wider than the rest of the mix, but foiled by them disappearing in mono - this will solve that for you and you all can extrapolate from there for other applications!!

GET THIS PLUGIN - seriously happening!!!
Old 11th August 2008 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Just tried out the demo in Protools briefly.

Quite amazing. I was surprised at the effects and control available. I couldn't help trying to guess what was going on under the hood with regards to stereo processing, but couldn't figure out how it was doing it by listening.

Good work on the knobs by the way. They respond nicely with a nice curve of action verses expectation. . if you know what I mean.

Nice one.
Old 12th August 2008 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar View Post
Just tried out the demo in Protools briefly.

Quite amazing. I was surprised at the effects and control available. I couldn't help trying to guess what was going on under the hood with regards to stereo processing, but couldn't figure out how it was doing it by listening.

Good work on the knobs by the way. They respond nicely with a nice curve of action verses expectation. . if you know what I mean.

Nice one.
Thanks! In the online manual mathewlane.com - DrMS manual you can find more info about the function of each processing section and tool. But in the end, it's the result that matters, so tweaking while listening sure will get you there too
Old 12th August 2008 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Hi Mat,

Congrats.

Well done etc etc,

Gareth
Old 13th August 2008 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfx View Post
Hi Mat,

Congrats.

Well done etc etc,

Gareth
Means a lot coming from a fellow developer, thanks!
Old 19th August 2008 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Still not managed to try it out but at that price and the concept I think I'll buy it anyway!
Old 27th August 2008 | Show parent
Lives for gear

I'll say this

DrMS ?

best plugin EVAH ....

Seriously ...

and one of the cheapest out there as well .....

Chris
Old 27th August 2008 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Just got it !

G
Old 23rd September 2008 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Amazing - I liked it better than the brainworx plug -
very deep surface - needs a bit of a learning curve
but YES it´s mono compatible - great bang for the buck !

You should charge at least 90 Euros for this !
Old 23rd September 2008 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
Amazing - I liked it better than the brainworx plug -
very deep surface - needs a bit of a learning curve
but YES it´s mono compatible - great bang for the buck !
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
You should charge at least 90 Euros for this !
Hah, I could agree with that But 25euro (ex VAT) it is
Old 26th September 2008 | Show parent
iWS
Gear Head

Nice.....

Got the demo - then bought today

really impressed - not to be underestimated - put on individual instruments it helps create space in the mix. Still getting used to it but, really nice....thankyou

iWS
Lives for gear

Yes, nice on ITB piano, hammond organ and strings sounds to get more DEPTH !

I waited for something like this for years and am lucky that I could resist to go the waves route for obvious reasons.
Lives for gear

Great to hear you guys are digging it
Lives for gear

This is one great PlugIn at a great price.

It takes time to get into it, but well worth the 'struggle'...

G
Old 3rd November 2008 | Show parent
can this Plug ins work In Pro Tolls?

I think The Fxpansion VST RTAS wrapper do not support that version of VST...anybody using it with Pro Tools??
Hi - I have this plugin working with Pro Tools and it didn't need to be wrapped thumbsup
Lives for gear

Indeed, you don't need the FXpansion wrapper. The DrMS plugin makes use of the free Pluggo Runtime wrapper to make it compatible with RTAS, AU and VST.

Please consult the online manual for step by step installation:
mathewlane.com - DrMS manual

If you still encounter an issue, just contact me
Jax
Lives for gear

Although I haven't really had time to get deep into the controls on DrMS yet, I found that with a bit of creative adjustment and listening, I was able to sharpen the focus and increase the width of stereo drum overheads. Somehow, it also made the low end of the toms, snare and kick tighter, which was a welcome change.

So far, I don't know what I'm doing with DrMS in terms of depth, because I have yet to discover a way to increase depth or make it more apparent, but I have only just begun to use it. It is encouraging to read the opinions of others who I trust when they say depth can be brought out.

Don't know what you did Mathijs, but I'm not used to hearing PT sound this wide. I'm readjusting to this new level of control. Nice work!
Jax
Lives for gear

One minor comment I'll add is that I'd like to be able to type in numbers to +/- .1, just cos I'm used to it with most other plug-ins. Then again, most of my UAD plugs don't allow it, so not a big deal.
Closed