The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Another gear pimp...humbly submitting here.
Old 4th December 2007
Lives for gear

Another gear pimp...humbly submitting here.

Greetings fellow slutz...

My new company just launched and I would love any and all feedback (good AND bad) regarding the site and how I can make it better. It would be greatly appreciated.

The full product pages will launch soon

Thanks....

Joel

ECSTATIC ELECTRIC - pro-audio, vintage audio, microphone rentals
Old 4th December 2007
Lives for gear

At least you have it in your sig that you are a dealer
Old 4th December 2007
Lives for gear

Yes...I always want to make that apparent to people. I am making it a big point NOT to comment on gear that I sell, unless specifically asked to....and in those instances it will be via PM or offline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuc647 View Post
At least you have it in your sig that you are a dealer
Old 4th December 2007
Solid site, so far, but I'd lose the intro. That's a personal pet peeve of mine, however...

Cool-sounding demo policy; seems simple.

Also, glad to see another No Toasters dealer; Bo's a pal of mine, and one of my closest buddies does all the wiring on the Nice Pair. Quality work for really small money.

Good luck!
Old 4th December 2007
Gear Nut

I agree with the comment that suggested losing the intro. Also, I would recommend some photos of gear on your products.html page (the one that loads immediately after the intro). Something artistic and subtle to make me feel less like I'm reading text off of a KitKat bar wrapper and more like I'm on a site that sells gear.

Also, I don't like that your product buttons for A-Designs, etc. link directly to that company's site in a new window. To me, it would make more sense to link to a page of your own describing the A-Designs gear that you sell, maybe have a picture or two, and then offer a link to the A-Designs website.

[Edit]: Sorry, one more thing: why are you linking to the websites of other pro audio dealers? I can appreciate the links to forums and to company websites, but I have difficulty understanding why you'd link to your competition. Maybe I just have no business sense (which I don't...).

Anyway, feel free to take all of this criticism with a grain of salt.
Old 4th December 2007

I notice on your web site that if you have pop ups blocked on your browser (Firefox here) the product buttons don't function.

Thanks for the link!

Tim.
Old 4th December 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Also, I don't like that your product buttons for A-Designs, etc. link directly to that company's site in a new window. To me, it would make more sense to link to a page of your own describing the A-Designs gear that you sell, maybe have a picture or two, and then offer a link to the A-Designs website.
i agree; it's kind of disorienting, in fact. i don't really want to have to go around to a bunch of different manufacturer's websites, and THEN come back to your side and tell you what i want!

granted, in the case of big gear purchases, lots of people are going to research around the internet, decide what they want, and then maybe call you or email you to order it... but still, it'd be nice to see the products you sell on your page.
Old 4th December 2007
Lives for gear

Keep in mind that this is just the shell. I make mention in the intro paragraph that the detailed pages will be coming soon on our site, and not links to the company sites.

I have no problem helping other pro-audio dealers if I don't have a product that a customer wants, but I do not sell. I've ALWAYS had great experiences with the companies that are linked, and I am happy to help them out regardless of whether I lose a potential sale or not.

Yes, it's a business...and throwing my hat into the crowded pro-audio ring certainly doesn't 'help' other dealers get more sales. With that in mind, I'd rather be helpful and collaborative rather than being seen as 'competition'. Many of the product lines that will be added are VERY small lines and are not available anywhere else, so it wouldn't really affect other dealers.

E.E. is small (2 people) and I'd rather keep it quite small....I cant imagine being serious competiton for the likes of Mercenary, Vintage King or Atlas. The pro-audio sales world is SMALL and I want to add something positive rather than be just another sales portal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyheymymy View Post
I agree with the comment that suggested losing the intro. Also, I would recommend some photos of gear on your products.html page (the one that loads immediately after the intro). Something artistic and subtle to make me feel less like I'm reading text off of a KitKat bar wrapper and more like I'm on a site that sells gear.

[Edit]: Sorry, one more thing: why are you linking to the websites of other pro audio dealers? I can appreciate the links to forums and to company websites, but I have difficulty understanding why you'd link to your competition. Maybe I just have no business sense (which I don't...).

Anyway, feel free to take all of this criticism with a grain of salt.
Old 4th December 2007
Gear Head

Jomo,

I understand that philosophy behind selling gear, and I really respect it. But it would make viewing the site a lot better: if there wasn't intro music; if the links went directly to pages on your site without doing the pop up routine; if the pages on your site had stuff (pictures, details of the product, your prices as well as a general description). Then I would really enjoy viewing the site. You could also include links to the manufacturer's sites on the pages for their products on your site, so that the person can go take a look at that as well.

By the way, I look forward to doing business with you!thumbsup
Old 4th December 2007
Lives for gear

Thanks for the comments...all of them excellent!

If you read the intro paragraphs, it explains the current state of the site. Rest assured that each brand will have their own page on the site and not just links to the manufacturer's site. I wanted to just get the bare bones site up and running for now.

Right now the 'products' pages link you to the respective manufacturer's sites, so that if you have a pop-up blocker, the links will not work. This will all be remedied when the full site is completed.

Thanks again for the comments!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschaula View Post
Jomo,

I understand that philosophy behind selling gear, and I really respect it. But it would make viewing the site a lot better: if there wasn't intro music; if the links went directly to pages on your site without doing the pop up routine; if the pages on your site had stuff (pictures, details of the product, your prices as well as a general description). Then I would really enjoy viewing the site. You could also include links to the manufacturer's sites on the pages for their products on your site, so that the person can go take a look at that as well.

By the way, I look forward to doing business with you!thumbsup
Old 4th December 2007
Gear Maniac

Jomo,

I'm not an intro fan either but I just skipped it. I think it's lookin ok at this point but have saved it to "favorites" and will tune back in to see progress after you git 'er done.

I also look forward to doing some business with you.

Peace-n-stuff..............Kel
Old 4th December 2007
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomo1234 View Post
I have no problem helping other pro-audio dealers if I don't have a product that a customer wants, but I do not sell. I've ALWAYS had great experiences with the companies that are linked, and I am happy to help them out regardless of whether I lose a potential sale or not.

Yes, it's a business...and throwing my hat into the crowded pro-audio ring certainly doesn't 'help' other dealers get more sales. With that in mind, I'd rather be helpful and collaborative rather than being seen as 'competition'. Many of the product lines that will be added are VERY small lines and are not available anywhere else, so it wouldn't really affect other dealers.

E.E. is small (2 people) and I'd rather keep it quite small....I cant imagine being serious competiton for the likes of Mercenary, Vintage King or Atlas. The pro-audio sales world is SMALL and I want to add something positive rather than be just another sales portal.
Nice! I think that's a great philosophy, and I was hoping it was the reason for the links to the other sites, though I assumed it was not. My mistake, and a pleasant surprise.

Keep up the good work, and I'd be tempted to buy stuff through you based on your above philosophy alone. thumbsup
Old 4th December 2007
Lives for gear

Thanks for the kind words....

I must say that Gearslutz has helped me immensely over the past few years and the knowledge I have gained from the many amazing people here has been invaluable to me.

I am an avid gear-user beyond my newly 'pimped' status, and a lot of the brands that I personally use I do NOT represent...but if I can help Tim at Buzz Audio or Peter at Shadow Hills make a sale, I am more than happy to help them out even if I never see a dime from it.

I cherish the fact that 'goodwill' goes a long way in this forum and I certainly make it a point to use that as a guiding principle.

Ok...enough hugs...let's talk gear!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyheymymy View Post
Nice! I think that's a great philosophy, and I was hoping it was the reason for the links to the other sites, though I assumed it was not. My mistake, and a pleasant surprise.

Keep up the good work, and I'd be tempted to buy stuff through you based on your above philosophy alone. thumbsup
Old 4th December 2007
Gear Maniac

I'm using IE 7 and in order to use the side nav bar or the top nav bar i have to click twice. When I hover over those areas i get a tooltip that says "click to active and use this control"... then once I click I can use the nav bars as normal. A bit annoying for the consumer.
Old 4th December 2007
Lives for gear

Thanks for the 'head's-up'...I will check it out and try to get it fixed ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarrick19 View Post
I'm using IE 7 and in order to use the side nav bar or the top nav bar i have to click twice. When I hover over those areas i get a tooltip that says "click to active and use this control"... then once I click I can use the nav bars as normal. A bit annoying for the consumer.
Old 5th December 2007
Lives for gear

Thanks to everyone to posted and/or emailed me with suggestions. We have already tweaked the code for Vista users....it been great to have the feedback.
Old 6th December 2007
Gear Maniac

While I'm not a fan of website intros either, I LOVE the choice of music! AZ rocks!!!

>>AG
Old 6th December 2007
Lives for gear

I sometimes like intros, but tend to skip them after I've been there already. The skip intro text needs to be out of the way of the bars. Or as the white bars go into the skip intro the skip intro needs to morph to red and vise a versa. This is so that the skip intro is always visible. I found myself feeling like I had to catch the skip intro just at the right time.

Nice though
Old 6th December 2007
Lives for gear

AZ is amazing...they were very cool to let me use the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOCCA View Post
While I'm not a fan of website intros either, I LOVE the choice of music! AZ rocks!!!

>>AG
Old 9th December 2007
Lives for gear

We are having a sale on all brands of gear. Please feel free to email or call for a price quote.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!
Old 9th December 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrotto View Post
Solid site, so far, but I'd lose the intro. That's a personal pet peeve of mine, however...
+1 on losing the intro. There is no good reason for a dealer site to have an intro. It really drives me crazy.
Old 10th December 2007
Lives for gear

nice to find you. i bookmarked the site!
Old 11th December 2007
Lives for gear

Thanks for the kind words. We are in the process of taking down the intro. I never mind an intro, but the amount of detractors was overwhelming.

We're also having a inaugural sale, so feel free to get in touch for prices!

J.
Old 12th December 2007
Gear Head

I try stay out of the fray, and am careful not to pollute, what is organically occurring here, in our community. That being said. I have to chime in here on Jomo1234. He is one of a kind. Probably the nicest most decent person you are likely to meet, And i can not recommend strongly enough what a pleasure it is to do business with him. As I am sure you will find when you do business with him. Congratulations Jomo1234!
Peter Reardon
Old 12th December 2007
Lives for gear

Peter:

I am most humbled by your kind words and can easily say the same about you.

VIVA Shadow Hills!!

P.S. The Mega GAMA is just blowing people away at the new space!!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search