The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
APPLE ROCKS! $100 rebate for early iPhone adopters. Plugin Bundles
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear

APPLE ROCKS! $100 rebate for early iPhone adopters.

http://money.cnn.com/2007/09/06/tech...ex.htm?cnn=yes

http://www.apple.com/hotnews/openiphoneletter/

To all iPhone customers:

I have received hundreds of emails from iPhone customers who are upset about Apple dropping the price of iPhone by $200 two months after it went on sale. After reading every one of these emails, I have some observations and conclusions.

First, I am sure that we are making the correct decision to lower the price of the 8GB iPhone from $599 to $399, and that now is the right time to do it. iPhone is a breakthrough product, and we have the chance to 'go for it' this holiday season. iPhone is so far ahead of the competition, and now it will be affordable by even more customers. It benefits both Apple and every iPhone user to get as many new customers as possible in the iPhone 'tent'. We strongly believe the $399 price will help us do just that this holiday season.

Second, being in technology for 30+ years I can attest to the fact that the technology road is bumpy. There is always change and improvement, and there is always someone who bought a product before a particular cutoff date and misses the new price or the new operating system or the new whatever. This is life in the technology lane. If you always wait for the next price cut or to buy the new improved model, you'll never buy any technology product because there is always something better and less expensive on the horizon. The good news is that if you buy products from companies that support them well, like Apple tries to do, you will receive years of useful and satisfying service from them even as newer models are introduced.

Third, even though we are making the right decision to lower the price of iPhone, and even though the technology road is bumpy, we need to do a better job taking care of our early iPhone customers as we aggressively go after new ones with a lower price. Our early customers trusted us, and we must live up to that trust with our actions in moments like these.

Therefore, we have decided to offer every iPhone customer who purchased an iPhone from either Apple or AT&T, and who is not receiving a rebate or any other consideration, a $100 store credit towards the purchase of any product at an Apple Retail Store or the Apple Online Store. Details are still being worked out and will be posted on Apple's website next week. Stay tuned.

We want to do the right thing for our valued iPhone customers. We apologize for disappointing some of you, and we are doing our best to live up to your high expectations of Apple.

Steve Jobs
Apple CEO
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear

superb, gotta hand it to him, masterstroke.
Old 7th September 2007
Gear Guru

Hand it to him? Apple is still getting away with $100 and the other $100 the iphone users have to spend at a Apple Store. lol

I knew they would lower the price of the iphone eventually but I was surprised it happened so soon.
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
Hand it to him? Apple is still getting away with $100 and the other $100 the iphone users have to spend at a Apple Store. lol

I knew they would lower the price of the iphone eventually but I was surprised it happened so soon.
There's no reason they should really give anything back...so I'm psyched to get some free money. Undoubtedly I'll be buying something from the Apple store in the next couple months.

I'm surprised they lowered the price too. I guess Apple is still learning how to be a cell phone company.
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear

The price drop is a really smart move. $599 was too high, but $399 puts it at the same price point of a lot of PDA phones, I think its going to bring a lot of new customers in.

The $100 rebate is a good PR move. The stories of outraged customers were piling up today, including stories of Apple deleting thousands of discussion board threads. Not exactly the image Apple wants to portray.
Old 7th September 2007
Gear Maniac

I read somewhere that the rebate will only be for people who bought the iPhone 14 days before the price drop.
Old 7th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmshroom View Post
I read somewhere that the rebate will only be for people who bought the iPhone 14 days before the price drop.
people who bought the phone within 14 days of the price drop will receive the difference in price. everyone else gets 100 dollars
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear

Hey, since Steve Jobs is reading his email... maybe all of us Logic users should tell him how we feel about Apple's communication with their pro users!!!!

An official statement like: Yes, we're working on a new version of Logic and it will be released between so and so.

I think that would be enough to put us at ease.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search