The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
If you MUST use drum machines……
Old 7th September 2007
Gear Guru

If you MUST use drum machines……

Please!!!

Use my brand new Hi-Hat Loop Library.

It's available now.

Kenny's Hi-Hat Loop Library

If you know me at all, you'll know that I hate drum machines. They're fine if you want them to sound like machines, but if you want them to sound like a real drummer, you'll surely be disappointed.
I do understand that many of you either can't play drums, don't own a room designed for recording drums, don't possess all the mics and pre-amps to record them properly or simply can't afford to make the noise in your home or apartment studio.

So I've created this product just for you.

It's designed to be quite painless. Simply get your Kick and Snare pattern rocking and then, instead of programming the Hi-Hat (or Ride/Crash), simply drop in my Rex2 or Wav loops (at the desired tempo) into your favorite DAW and you're good to go. No more mechanical sounding hats. It's all performed by a real living breathing human. Each loop is 4 bars long so your ear doesn't get trained into thinking it's a machine. And with 4 levels of intensity and different brands of Hi Hats provided (Zildjian New Beat and Paiste 2002 Sound Edge) your creativity will be stimulated too.

Also, this library was not recorded using one mic on the Hi-Hat. It was recorded using Full Kit Miking (9 mics) to faithfully reproduce the sound of the Hi-Hat within the kit. Some room tone and drum rattle was purposely left in for complete accuracy. I had no intention of making this a sterile product.

These loops were created for REX compatible software so they will bend and shape themselves into your productions at your tempos while not losing any of the audio fidelity or groove that most
time-stretching will impart. If, on the other hand, you do not own any REX compatible software, I have provided WAV files for your convenience.

Each Hi-Hat loop contains 4 variations.
Closed, Medium, Open and Quarter notes Wide Open.

10 different tempos are provided.
70, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120, 130, 140, 150, & 160.

Ride Loops contain both Edge and Bell attacks.

Crash Loops are provided at all tempos too. With two different Cymbals.

All loops were recorded in Stereo 44.1kHz and are 24bit.

Thank you for your support and please email me any of your suggestions for making this or any of my products better. thx

Kenny's Hi-Hat Loop Library
Old 9th September 2007
Lives for gear

Brilliant idea Kenny! I'll be checking these out.
thumbsup
Old 9th September 2007
Lives for gear

You know, Kenny, I don't know you.....but that doesn't suck. At all.

Good idea, and shockingly, the demo sounds like something that would be useful. That happens about 1 out of maybe 10 or 20 times you go to listen to something, so good on ya'.
Old 9th September 2007
Lives for gear

Brilliant idea!

thumbsup
Old 9th September 2007
Lives for gear

heh Cool! Good Demothumbsup
Old 9th September 2007
Lives for gear

Hi Kenny.
Very nice.

Me like !

heh thumbsup

G
Old 10th September 2007
Lives for gear

Damn, the secret's out!

This is what I'm doing with drum tracks these days, using my prerecorded live hihats and cymbals with programmed kik/snrs....

hehheh
Old 10th September 2007
Lives for gear

I've heard many loops. This is the kind that works on a monday morning.
Old 10th September 2007
Lives for gear

Great idea! ive been using your drum loops startes alot to thicken up some pop rock tunes . Great stuff kenny!
Old 15th September 2007
Lives for gear

prince was doing this back around the time the LM-1 came out; he'd program his kick snares and play live hat over it. Perfect example is that track Kiss, sick hihats. Great idea dude.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search