The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Antress Modern Series VST Plugins Equalizer Plugins
Old 6th September 2007
Gear Head

Antress Modern Series VST Plugins

Just checked their site now and they have the new neve series eq emulators like the 1066, 1073, 1081, and 1084 and many more classic compressors.

http://antress.myweb.hinet.net/

Tried the Modern VT-ME (Classic Daking FET Compressor) briefly and it sounded very good.
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

Darn, those look good. Haven't tried yet, I'm still sticking with reaper-plugs and colortone pro...
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

They do look nice, but I'm at work now so I can't test drive'em yet! Anyone heard them yet?
Old 6th September 2007
Gear Addict

wow

these sure are purdy!!!!

Buddhaman
Old 6th September 2007
Gear Head

Oh and there's an LA-2A plugin also which i cannot find on the site...
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

I (at this early stage) dig those Neve plugs. Do they sound like Neves ?... fuk knows, but they work well in the mix.
Old 6th September 2007
tdr
Gear Head

first time I heard of those, downloaded them right away, will see how I like them. But hey, 34 plug ins, for free, that's very cool for a newbee like methumbsup
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

very cool, hopefully i will get to try them soon. anyone ran them using the vst 2 rtas adapter yet???? guess i will find out soon
Old 6th September 2007
Gear Head

So what do you think?
How do they sound?
Old 11th September 2007
Lives for gear

late as usual !

i've just installed the entire bundle.... modern/module/vintage.. in Reaper.

Pretty damn good for free plugs!!!!! ... and more to come too. (a donation is due after alittle more eval. )

favs -blackdragon = pultec eqp-1a
entire vintage and modules bundles/editions.
special editions

hell im enjoying using all of them.

Reaper + Antress ...hell of a combo if u ask me. thumbsup

cheers
Old 11th September 2007
Lives for gear

for those who may have overlooked 'em...

Antress Modern Plugins
Old 11th September 2007
LAU
Gear Maniac

Well the maker of these plug-ins shure does have photoshop skills.....
i wonder if he developped and carefeully fine tuned these models next to the real hardware versions......given the time it took him to create such a big collection.

Old 12th September 2007
jje
Gear Nut

LOL

Only on gearslutz is there complaints about free stuff...

"Hey, here's something free if you want it just cuz I feel like giving away stuff"

Gearslutter - "F*** off with your free stuff...it doesn't sound like the real thing and looks like a picture"
Old 14th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Heres a dumb question maybe. Is anyone else having trouble adjusting the inner gain knobs on the Neve EQ's? Am I an idiot? I have been trying for 20 minutes. Other than that These look good.
Old 14th September 2007
Lives for gear

Same here about the n knobs
Old 14th September 2007
Lives for gear

what i did is click around the knob and you'll catch where to turn it.

so, click on the upper right of the knob and move the mouse...if that doesn't work....click on the upper left of the knob and move the mouse...ect ect

keep moving around and clicking and moving the mouse until you find the spot.

its annoying for sure. maybe thats why i deleted the plugs. they sound decent but i already have liquidmix & uad among others.

but i do think these are great plugs thumbsup maybe i'll still donate 5 bucks to the developer.
Old 17th September 2007
Lives for gear

to turn the inner knobs.... just click and hold the upper left of the inner knob....

listen...for free plugs...to manipulate sound...they're great....

u really want an 1176 sound with all buttons in ???

guess what? U NEED AN 1176 with ALL BUTTONS IN.
Old 18th September 2007
Gear Head

About the inner gain knobs...just click on the + or - sign on the top of the knob and drag mouse up or down.

Enjoying these plugs a lot!!

Last edited by glide 1; 18th September 2007 at 11:10 AM.. Reason: .
Old 21st September 2007
Gear Maniac

Thanks That cleared it up for me. I have been playing with Antress plugs for a while and I am happy with them. I'm sure there are plugs or originals that sound better, but the bottom line for a guy like me is this, I don't sit around drooling about something else I need to make music and record it I just record it. Use the tools that you have until you know all about them. Then you will be able to appreciate when you get something better instead of playing the marque game. Until I get mo money these will work.
Old 21st September 2007
Gear Maniac

Well I don't want to complain about something for free; but the Antaress plugins overload my pc! And I use Windows XP pro, it supposed to be secure like Windows 2000 pro.

Anybody had problems with previous Antaress plugins crashing?
Old 21st September 2007
Lives for gear
his 1176 is terrifying wooooo! drum bussed 1 and your talking about bite it nearly made me hide behind the racks lol. The only plug that gets on my nevers is that phoenix one but when u turn that sucker on it just gives this tones which is hard to explain but can run a processor dry!
Old 21st September 2007
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommunityMart View Post
Well I don't want to complain about something for free; but the Antaress plugins overload my pc! And I use Windows XP pro, it supposed to be secure like Windows 2000 pro.

Anybody had problems with previous Antaress plugins crashing?

No crashes here, i think they fixed those bugs already with the new versions. Must agree with CommunityMart, they take up a lot of CPU power....

By the way, you should check their site regularly, they seem to come up with new plugs all the time, like the mastering eq.....these guys dont stop!!!

Thanks Antress...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search