The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
More iPod Crap...no Logic 8 DAW Software
Old 7th September 2007
  #31
Gear Maniac
 
esteso's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mersisblue View Post
let me kow if you wanna buy my copy of DP 5 I could use the money
How much?
Old 7th September 2007
  #32
Lives for gear
 
Jazzpunk's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindell View Post
Jobs is milking the cow real good....
Thanks for making me picture that.
Old 7th September 2007
  #33
Lives for gear
 
LoopQuantum's Avatar
 

Sorry, but I love the new Ipod. Already have one on order.
Old 7th September 2007
  #34
Lives for gear
 
spiderman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopQuantum View Post
Sorry, but I love the new Ipod. Already have one on order.
How can you love it when you don't yet have it and haven't held one? tutt

Perhaps you loved it before it existed. Somewhat of an unborn child syndrome; impregnated by Steve and happy to birth what ever deformed creature he provides you; defending the bastard with your love for eternity.

A Poetic Philosophy... loving another without judgement. We should all meditate on this.
Old 7th September 2007
  #35
Gear Head
 

I agree that it wont be released till after 10.5 could be a marketing ploy for apple where you have to upgrade to 10.5 to use logic 8...oh how I wish logic was here...all I need is that "takes" feature in garage band ala the protools playlist and I would have no problem tracking with logic!
Old 7th September 2007
  #36
Lives for gear
 
Dom & Roland's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by joenovice View Post

Perhaps you loved it before it existed. Somewhat of an unborn child syndrome; impregnated by Steve and happy to birth what ever deformed creature he provides you; defending the bastard with your love for eternity.
hahaha
Old 7th September 2007
  #37
Lives for gear
 
LoopQuantum's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joenovice View Post
How can you love it when you don't yet have it and haven't held one? tutt

Perhaps you loved it before it existed. Somewhat of an unborn child syndrome; impregnated by Steve and happy to birth what ever deformed creature he provides you; defending the bastard with your love for eternity.

A Poetic Philosophy... loving another without judgement. We should all meditate on this.
Ok, Lao Zi, thank you for your condescension. Seen an Iphone? Take off the camera, and the phone, and you've got an ipod touch. Combine that with the video presentation on apple website, and you're armed with enough tools to make a judgment on whether or not, at least conceptually, you're into the idea. But you already knew that, didn't you? If you're smart enough to come up with such a snappy reply, you're surely smart enough to deduce the similarities, yes? So... in effect many of us have already had our hands on it.

Hug someone, Hippie.
Old 8th September 2007
  #38
Lives for gear
 
Jazzpunk's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joenovice View Post
How can you love it when you don't yet have it and haven't held one? tutt

Perhaps you loved it before it existed. Somewhat of an unborn child syndrome; impregnated by Steve and happy to birth what ever deformed creature he provides you; defending the bastard with your love for eternity.

A Poetic Philosophy... loving another without judgement. We should all meditate on this.
Dude, you gotta get a Dell! heh
Old 8th September 2007
  #39
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joenovice View Post
impregnated by Steve and happy to birth what ever deformed creature he provides you; defending the bastard with your love for eternity.

A Poetic Philosophy... loving another without judgement. We should all meditate on this.
A man whose sperm is strong enough to convert the contents of another man's rectum into a telephone that actually produces a dial tone is worthy of respect. Even if the phone itself is a deformed bastard, it's origin trumps the immaculate conception. It's not hard to imagine someone, somewhere, defending such an object with an eternal love...if not attempting to promote it for canonization.

At the very least, it would turn a profit on Ebay.
Old 8th September 2007
  #40
Lives for gear
 

Ipod is apple's bread n butter. It saved them. Ingenious product that takes advantage of the huge illegal download (and legal ) market.

Logic 7 pro been workin fine in our B room for a long time. Dont even think about 8 until i come online.
Old 8th September 2007
  #41
Lives for gear
 
Jazzpunk's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by computa View Post
Ipod is apple's bread n butter. It saved them. Ingenious product that takes advantage of the huge illegal download (and legal ) market.

Logic 7 pro been workin fine in our B room for a long time. Dont even think about 8 until i come online.
I've spent over $2000 on music the past 2 years. My iPods packed with music I've paid for.

Blame P2P networks for illegal downloading but don't blame it on the iPod.
Old 8th September 2007
  #42
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
I've spent over $2000 on music the past 2 years. My iPods packed with music I've paid for
that's good for you. no one asked or accused you of anything. you have a guilty conscious? heh

Quote:
Blame P2P networks for illegal downloading but don't blame it on the iPod.
Read what I wrote. Thats not what I said: ("Ingenious product that takes advantage of the huge illegal download (and legal ) market").

Basically that means that Ipod's are a tool that help u carry those downloaded mp3's everywhere. How do you get that I said Ipod is responsible for the illegal download market?

Back to topic. 7 works fine. 8 will drop when it drops and it will probably be great enough to use for another 3 years before 9 comes.
Old 8th September 2007
  #43
Lives for gear
 
Jazzpunk's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by computa View Post
that's good for you. no one asked or accused you of anything. you have a guilty conscious? heh



Read what I wrote. Thats not what I said: ("Ingenious product that takes advantage of the huge illegal download (and legal ) market").

Basically that means that Ipod's are a tool that help u carry those downloaded mp3's everywhere. How do you get that I said Ipod is responsible for the illegal download market?
You have 'legal' with the symbol after it. You were obviously scoffing at the notion. I was simply pointing out that there are those of us that still buy the music that we listen to on our iPods.

People who steal music tend to think that everybody else is doing it as well.
Old 8th September 2007
  #44
Lives for gear
 
darkwater's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballison View Post
I agree that it wont be released till after 10.5 could be a marketing ploy for apple where you have to upgrade to 10.5 to use logic 8...oh how I wish logic was here...all I need is that "takes" feature in garage band ala the protools playlist and I would have no problem tracking with logic!
F1 duplicates current track. Record your new take, make a comp, done.

I prefer PT, but this does the job if you have to use ILLogic.
Old 8th September 2007
  #45
Lives for gear
 
Rufuss Sewell's Avatar
Gawd I'm sick of people complaining about multiple takes and comping in Logic... it's SO EASY!!!! There are a lot of problems with Logic, and new features that should be added... but multiple takes and comping is a no brainer in Logic 7. (yes even with 16 drum tracks)
Old 11th September 2007
  #46
Lives for gear
 
T_R_S's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by computa View Post
Ipod is apple's bread n butter. It saved them.
I would say the iMac saved Apple as Apple never had a great "All in One" since the original Macintosh.
Now the for the new portable era ... a wireless pocket Macintosh.
Products that are easy to use with an very simple intuitive user interface is the secret behind the sucesss.
Old 12th September 2007
  #47
jje
Gear Nut
 
jje's Avatar
 

Why did I just get a nano a month and a half ago?

The thing I love and hate about Apple is that they don't change their prices for new versions. I mean they add a bunch of features to the nano and keep the price the same. Good for when you're ready to buy...bad for when you just bought it. I can't say "well, at least I got mine while it was still cheap" because they're still the same price. r

The only reason I wanted the iphone was for the wifi, itunes, and apple integration. The phone part was just convenience for not having to carry a separate one. Now I can just get an ipod touch and a refurb razr for $50 and cover all my needs.


oh yeah....Logic 8....if/when one comes out it won't matter much because 12 months later there will be a thread started looking for Logic 9...
Old 12th September 2007
  #48
Lives for gear
 
thermos's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jje View Post
Why did I just get a nano a month and a half ago?
D'oh! Thats why macrumors.com is your friend. I just take their word as god now, and they are usually right.
Old 12th September 2007
  #49
Gear Nut
 
Mr. Landmark's Avatar
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigsawlogic View Post
A man whose sperm is strong enough to convert the contents of another man's rectum into a telephone that actually produces a dial tone is worthy of respect. Even if the phone itself is a deformed bastard, it's origin trumps the immaculate conception. It's not hard to imagine someone, somewhere, defending such an object with an eternal love...if not attempting to promote it for canonization.

At the very least, it would turn a profit on Ebay.
ahahaa lol!!!
Man, that's just beautiful!

Picture Steve & Arnold makin' sweet, sweet iLove. Guess they'd have to finish before you could call 911...
Old 12th September 2007
  #50
Lives for gear
 
Jazzpunk's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufuss Sewell View Post
Gawd I'm sick of people complaining about multiple takes and comping in Logic... it's SO EASY!!!! There are a lot of problems with Logic, and new features that should be added... but multiple takes and comping is a no brainer in Logic 7. (yes even with 16 drum tracks)
Rufuss, they copied muti-track recording and playlists straight from Pro Tools. You'll never have to hear it again!
Old 14th September 2007
  #51
Here for the gear
 
ChrisNealis's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_F_H_13 View Post
Logic 8 won't be ANNOUNCED till after the new OSX comes out, and won't be available for 2-3 months afterwards.

My guess you'll be able to get your hands on it around feb 08

Don't you just looove hindsight?
Old 14th September 2007
  #52
Lives for gear
 
emkay's Avatar
 

Now that Logic Studio has been released without any fanfare on Apple's behalf, I just wasted a small slice of my life reading the parade of guesswork and conjecture regarding Logic. All I can say is I hope alot of you guys aren't making important life decisions based on the quality of predictions , guesswork or gut feelings shown on this thread.........seriously!.....no flame intended...........Anyways, my upgrade arrives Monday and am really looking forward to it. Here's hoping we can all continue to make music without too much upgrade trauma and hiccups.....peace
Old 14th September 2007
  #53
Lives for gear
 
Jazzpunk's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay View Post
All I can say is I hope alot of you guys aren't making important life decisions based on the quality of predictions , guesswork or gut feelings shown on this thread.........seriously!
Who the hell would make an important life decision based on Gearslutz?!
Old 14th September 2007
  #54
Lives for gear
 
807Recordings's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzpunk View Post
Who the hell would make an important life decision based on Gearslutz?!
Ahhh **** you mean I am not supposed to.

Boy was I wrong. j/k
Top Mentioned Products
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
pan60 / The Moan Zone
17
parissound / The Moan Zone
11
fuzzface777 / Gear free zone - shoot the breeze
1
T. Biddy / So much gear, so little time
11

Forum Jump
Forum Jump