The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Studio furniture biz: not so lucrative after all? Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

Studio furniture biz: not so lucrative after all?

I'd really like to know when this happened.

I'm bummed.

I will be outfitting a new room this fall. Anyone know a similar style studio furniture maker?

- c
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

Anyone with a clue what happened to this company? I had the impression they were quite popular. Am I wrong?
- c
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

I don't know how popular they were as I can't say I've ever heard of them before...what was the price range they covered? When I think of higher-end studio furniture I think of companies like Argosy and Sound Construction and Supply, with Omniraxx in the middle end and Raxxess and Middle Atlantic covering the middle- and lower-end along with Quiklok on the lower end..
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

The style was kinda "personal" and eccentric. Colorful and "warm" and a little more "organic" feeling than typical everything-must-match-the-aeron-chair studio furniture.

It seemed like a cool niche --- not for everybody, but a nice aesthetic for studios that are more interested in a friendly, informal vibe. This is our style, so I was looking forward to pricing things out with them this fall.

And then I went to the website.

No explanation, no "forwarding address."

Weird.

- c
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

if you ever need a rack, I have one of these slanted racks, real wood and it is really nice, far nicer than my raxxess gear:

Handmade recording studio equipment rack furniture and pro audio equipment and accessories for home and pro studios.

nice-racks.com
Old 5th September 2007
We just installed our custom (it's got an additional keyboard tray that comes out the back for an 88 key Kurzweil set to regular piano height) 16 ru 3 bay producer desk from Sound Construction and Supply in our mix/mastering room...it's the nicest piece of studio furniture I've ever seen.
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanEldred View Post
We just installed our custom (it's got an additional keyboard tray that comes out the back for an 88 key Kurzweil set to regular piano height) 16 ru 3 bay producer desk from Sound Construction and Supply in our mix/mastering room...it's the nicest piece of studio furniture I've ever seen.
lets see some pics!!!

AA
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

I find akadesign.co.uk to have an original 'organic' look.

Herwig
Old 5th September 2007
A33
Gear Addict

AKA Design
Old 16th October 2009
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by A33 View Post
^pretty nice stuff...
Old 16th October 2009
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by drockfresh View Post
if you ever need a rack, I have one of these slanted racks, real wood and it is really nice, far nicer than my raxxess gear:

Handmade recording studio equipment rack furniture and pro audio equipment and accessories for home and pro studios.

nice-racks.com
Yeah, I imagine the address niceracks.com was already taken
Old 16th October 2009
Lives for gear

Go local!!!

My brother in law built all my stuff and is available for custom projects and is reasonably priced.

No offense, but some of these studio furniture guys are charging CRAZY amounts of money. $4500 for a desk?
Old 16th October 2009
Lives for gear

Wow same here, my brother in law is a professional cabinet maker and built mine as well. No particle board, built specifically for my room to my needs and specs and cost me about 1/3 of what these other guys charge.

So go local. This is an older pic gear wise but the desk and rack remain unchanged.

Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search