The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New product comming in......????? Single-Channel Preamps
Old 1st September 2007
Lives for gear

New product comming in......?????

Hi you all,

I have been noticed that the release of new products more and more are being delayed for unknown reasons.
Isn't it the manufacturers part to test devices through and through before announcing to be sure that even the first version will work for years.
Now it seems they announce it however they are still half way testing.
I can mention three products ( there are perhaps more that don't come up in my mind ) Groove tubes - SuPre / Anamod - ATS-1 / Avantone - Active mix cubes.
At this moment the new A-designs EQ is one of the hottest items that's comming up.
But at least I have the feeling the release will not wait so long.......or ?
Is it a trick to get (pre)orders so they can produce without some risks ?
Well than the trick works again and again because by announcing people get start to talk about and might starting pre-order it.
What's you're meaning about this

Paul
Old 1st September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by flute player View Post
Hi you all,

I have been noticed that the release of new products more and more are being delayed for unknown reasons.
Isn't it the manufacturers part to test devices through and through before announcing to be sure that even the first version will work for years.
Now it seems they announce it however they are still half way testing.
I can mention three products ( there are perhaps more that don't come up in my mind ) Groove tubes - SuPre / Anamod - ATS-1 / Avantone - Active mix cubes.
At this moment the new A-designs EQ is one of the hottest items that's comming up.
But at least I have the feeling the release will not wait so long.......or ?
Is it a trick to get (pre)orders so they can produce without some risks ?
Well than the trick works again and again because by announcing people get start to talk about and might starting pre-order it.
What's you're meaning about this

Paul
Hello Paul,

I can't speak for other manufacturers but I couldn't help noticing that you included A-Designs Audio in your list.

First, what may cause a delay in release of a new product are to many to mention.
We have vendors that will tell us a date and then turn around on a dime and change the delivery date ON the day of delivery.

You are a flute player correct? If you have a composition and you are excited about it but still feel it needs some finish work.....wouldn't you want people to know you have something in the fire to be released shortly and as soon as you can complete it you will release it????
Well, let's take that up a step...........you develope writer's block and you can't shake it.................it happens sometimes........totally out of your control. Now people are buzzing about your new release and it's not there.
Will you release a piece of music that sounded like crap just to keep the crowd happy?.......I know THATS been done but would YOU do it.

If you go to A-Designs Audio: The MP-1 All Tube Microphone Preamplifier (mic pre)

You will see we have spent alot of time with our new EQ and I'm very excited about it. I had hoped for a 9/1/07 release date but it looks as if it will be a few weeks more.....................vendor problems.

No one is tricking anyone here..........people are way too smart for that.

I feel that you have wrongly accused some manufactures and maybe a re-think is in order?
If you have never been involved on the manufacturing side of things then maybe just maybe the grass isn't always greener.

As far as people being excited about some of our gear........well, join the club, I am too.

I value and respect all the people that help us test and retest over and over again to produce a solid piece of audio equipment.
They are excited as much as I am and they want to tell the world as much as I do but we go about it in different ways.

A-Designs Audio will do a "Product Release" after our distributors and dealers have had time to order......there are no pre-sales here cause I don't believe in taking someone's money unless I have something to give.

I hope I let a little bit of light on the topic for you.

Respectfully,
Peter
Old 1st September 2007
Lives for gear

Holy cow !
First thank you Peter for you're reaction here but I don't think I am accusing anyone. So don't over react in that way.
Some points are right what you're saying and I can imagine that from your manufacturers point of view.
But in my opinion the apple can be taken of the tree when it is just good to be eaten. And when it has not the right colour or flavour I am not announcing to have the best apples comming of the tree.
And of course every manufacturer is doing their best to develope and shape it to be the most perfect wonder. In some ways yes like we artists do with our music. But it seems that release dates are being delayed more and more. So if anyone could give some examples from delayed products with their reason it will open up things more to me.
So that was what came up in my mind and was wondering if more people had that feeling.
Good luck with your "hammer"
Old 2nd September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by flute player View Post
Holy cow !
First thank you Peter for you're reaction here but I don't think I am accusing anyone. So don't over react in that way.
Some points are right what you're saying and I can imagine that from your manufacturers point of view.
But in my opinion the apple can be taken of the tree when it is just good to be eaten. And when it has not the right colour or flavour I am not announcing to have the best apples comming of the tree.
And of course every manufacturer is doing their best to develope and shape it to be the most perfect wonder. In some ways yes like we artists do with our music. But it seems that release dates are being delayed more and more. So if anyone could give some examples from delayed products with their reason it will open up things more to me.
So that was what came up in my mind and was wondering if more people had that feeling.
Good luck with your "hammer"
Hi Paul,

No worries please on this end

Examples of delays:

Parts are now made to conform to RoHs (lead free).............sometimes the manufacturer of that part has not conformed and it is a sole source part for some audio manufactures. Now we have to find another source for that part or worse yet redesign to fit the new part.

Delays from OUR vendors could in some cases be political in nature....Ya have to love GW there!!!!! ....I believe it was last year he pulled a real stunt with imports from EU ....so EU did the same to the US in return .....screwed up the metal industry for a time there and prices have not been the same since!!!

Another example are Valves ....hard to find good ones out of EU.

Some other examples from last year or the year before when the heat was too much for SoCal and they turned off our electric for days at a clip throwing production back weeks to months.

All in all the joys of maunfacturing

So you see how production can be totally out of our control in just a few examples.
Now multiply that times 10 and you may have some idea of why!

Have a good one Paul,
Peter
Old 2nd September 2007
500 series nutjob

in dealing with a few companies for beta testing gear at times, and i am always told, i can not speak about a product until the company has a product to ship.
at times i get to say something a bit before the release and sometimes i am told to keep quiet.
sometimes rummers get out, as someone may see a peace of gear being tested here or at some other studio, then, it is out.
even then i will respect the manufacturers request and keep quiet, but **** happens and rummers get out.

hi Peter
Old 2nd September 2007
Lives for gear

Hey Pan!!!

Thanks for jumpin in.

thumbsup

Peter

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search