The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Black Lion mod for the 003 is now available Audio Interfaces
Old 27th August 2007
Gear Nut

Black Lion mod for the 003 is now available

Figured I'd check their site to see if there was any progress on the DIGI 003 mod yet, and yep, it's out now. I don't know if I'm late on discovering this news though

Black Lion Audio Home

Gotta wait a while to save up for this, perhaps it will be more beneficial to go this route than getting an APIA2D... still not sure. Can't wait to hear opinions from people who already got the mod done.

Looks like some improved work for the 002 and the Mbox 2 as well.

Anyone out there happy/unhappy with their mods? I'd like to hear some feedback
Old 27th August 2007
Gear Addict

from what ive heard their mods are amazing. You can check out sound samples on their website. what they do to the 002 is crazy (the full tweakhead mod).... they give the sound a real "punch" amongst other things
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

so i was reading on there site that they can give you HD quality from your digi 003....do yall actually bellieve that......
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

I just think it's sad that such a new and improved product needs to be modded/improved in the first place

good looking out bobby digidesign!
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendecido View Post
from what ive heard their mods are amazing. You can check out sound samples on their website. what they do to the 002 is crazy (the full tweakhead mod).... they give the sound a real "punch" amongst other things
No doubt, I think I'll email them asking to post a sample of the 003 mod before I send mine in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WideawakE View Post
I just think it's sad that such a new and improved product needs to be modded/improved in the first place

good looking out bobby digidesign!
I hear what you are saying, but I think the idea behind it is to make a $1,200.00 unit sound like a $3 - 4k unit, but without paying for a 3 - 4k unit.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search