The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
VirSyn Reflect - the algorithmic reverb Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 21st September 2007
Lives for gear

Just wanted to update that I've tested several reverb plugins the last days and decided to buy Reflect!
I tested IKs CSR, Breverb and Reflect.
They're all cool reverbs but I found Reflect to be the most natural sounding. Especially the very long presets (St.Peter for example) reminded me of the long Quantec reverbs. Especially CSR sounds very coloured in comparison.
The layout is cool as well and most of the presets offer what they promise. I'll give you another feedback when I done some complete mixes with this plugin.

It's 99.-EUR at the momemt, I'd call that bon marché.
Have fun!
Old 21st September 2007
Lives for gear

And did you compare it with Lexicon outboard?
Old 21st September 2007
Lives for gear

I just have a PCM91 but did not make a direct comparison. I don't use the PCM much anyway. For me it mostly sounds too obvious. A matter of taste of course.
IMO the Reflect comes closer to a TC reverb in colour (or lack of).
Old 28th September 2007
Lives for gear

ACK!!! The demo keeps crashing Logic 8!

Anyone else try using the demo in Logic 8? I'd really like to buy this sucker... but I want to try it first.
Old 28th September 2007
Lives for gear

In Cubase it's quite stable so far, but I had similar issues in Wavelab. I reported it to Virsyn and the techsupport immediately answered that they're adressing this.
Old 28th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufuss Sewell View Post
ACK!!! The demo keeps crashing Logic 8!

Anyone else try using the demo in Logic 8? I'd really like to buy this sucker... but I want to try it first.
No problems on my G5 dual 2.0 Ghz. I had some initial problems with the Synchrosoft dongle, but now the demo is working fine in both Logic Pro 7 & 8. Can only be used in stereo-mode though; no mono->stereo possible, which counts as a serious drawback to me.
Old 28th September 2007
Here for the gear

Hi all,

it's my first post here, therefore let me introduce myself:
I'm Harry from VirSyn and responsible for the development and some more...

@Rufuss Sewell:
we had here no probs with Logic 8 - did you installed the Syncrosoft driver that came
with the demo ? You can also try the latest version directly from Syncrosoft's website.
If this doesn't fix it you can write write us a support mail that we can investigate it.

@TBlitz:
The mono->stereo routing doesn't work with all hosts at the moment, but we're already working on an update for this.

Harry
-----------------------------------
VirSyn Software Synthesizer
www.virsyn.com
Old 28th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirSyn View Post
@TBlitz:
The mono->stereo routing doesn't work with all hosts at the moment, but we're already working on an update for this.

Harry
Good to hear that Harry. Make sure you extent the "Intoductory offer" for Logic users 'till that time. We're all short on cash upgrading to Logic 8 and all... heh
Old 28th September 2007
Here for the gear

Hi TBlitzz,

with the speed we update our products we would never leave "introductory mode" ;-)
and the final price is not out of the world...

Harry
Old 28th September 2007
Lives for gear

I used it in Logic 8 today, the full version, not the demo. Two instances, worked great.
Old 28th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiff View Post
Two instances, worked great.
I could get 16 (stereo) instances in Logic Pro 7 using the Plate 244 preset (6.5 sec) and even more using the short ambience preset. Pretty good!
Old 28th September 2007
Lives for gear

Wow... Not bad! I have noticed it's light compared to "regular" IR verbs.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search