The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Jamstix 2 released Drum Replacement Plugins
Old 21st August 2007
Gear Nut

Jamstix 2 released

I've downloaded a copy but haven't tried it yet. Sounds like its got some cool features. I especially like the drummer models. I'm eager to check it with BFD and see if I can eliminate you session drummers.

rayzoon technologies

Old 21st August 2007
Gear Nut

Hmmm, Tried it. Few stability issues. Stay tuned. I'm sure Ralph is on the case.

Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

Not getting any stability issues here, sorry to hear about yours. Yes, Ralph is frakking amazing.

This is a really nice piece of kit. The upgrade was a no-brainer for me. The sound of his samples has really come along too, but the clincher is how happily it works as the brain for other drum software.

+1

Cheers.

Old 22nd August 2007
Gear Nut

Yeh, Ralphs service is incredible. He is aware of some problems and is working hard to sort out all the issues. I am looking forward to giving this software a real test as it has features that will suit me perfectly.

At the moment my system keeps crashing. He has release another new dll that I'll try later. Hope it's fixed.

Old 22nd August 2007
Lives for gear

anybody know if this will work with acid pro 6.0 and/or reaper? they aren't listed under their "compatibility" header
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

how is the humization compared to the timing robot/stoner in bfd's own timing engine?
Old 23rd August 2007
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekn0 View Post
how is the humization compared to the timing robot/stoner in bfd's own timing engine?
Don't get me wrong, I like the BFD engine, but there is a lot of micro control in Jamstix that make it easy to get varied results. The new implementation seems very well put together, making it as simple or as detailed as you need it to be. The "drummer" feature is especially clever.

I'm just getting a grip on this, but if you have a Windows project studio, this thing really does what it says, sounds great, and the "jam" feature is unlike anything else I'm aware of.

Just saying.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search