The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Steven Slate Drum Samples v1.5 ELITE MIXER EDTION.. MP3s Posted
Old 21st August 2007
Gear Maniac

Steven Slate Drum Samples v1.5 ELITE MIXER EDTION.. MP3s Posted

August 20th 2007

Yellow Matter Entertainment is proud to announce that it is now shipping Steven Slate Drums 1.5 and Steven Slate Drums 1.5 Elite Mixer Edition.

New Updates for Steven Slate Drums 1.5 include:

- updated snares 3 through 9
- added Z4 stereo real room ambience samples to each sample set

New Steven Slate Drums 1.5 Elite Mixer Edition
- adds an additional 11 snares, 7 kicks, and two new sets of toms
- all samples custom made for and beta tested by top industry mixers

NEW DEMOS!! These are perhaps my favorite demos thus far, with more coming each day.

first, bluesy rock, with Kick12, Snare14, and Fat Toms:
www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/elitemixer2.mp3

hard rock with Kick11, Snare12A:
www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/elitemixer3.mp3

if you purchased Steven Slate Drums 1.0 before or on August 17th the Elite Mixer Series 1.5 upgrade is free at:
Steven Slate Drums

Thanks fellow gearslutters, and keep the mixes coming, as you can see on our new 1.5 site, we have a new Customer Mp3s section underway:

New Steven Slate Drums 1.5 Website CLICK HERE

Cheers! Good to have a nice new thread, the 1.0 thread had a nice run though!
Steven
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

So are there any samples duplicated from the 1.0 series or are all the samples new? I own 1.0 and love it.

Also are there any upgrading prices for owners of 1.0?

Thanks,
Michael Greene
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

Those example tracks with the new z4's sound amazing! these are the real deal. and its really great that you put up the samples not just soloed but you do a bunch of varitations... one inclunded a full mix where you can really hear how fat these samples really are even in a full on blues track and harder rock tune. Ive heard some many diffrerent sample collections and most of the time they only post soloed drums, and thats great but the user has no idea how that will sound in a mix. Steve knowns drums. Period. Leave it to the man to put out FAT sample collections for years to come. Aside from putting out amazing drum sample collections steve is one hell of a mixer so your really getting pre tested samples mix ready-ready to BANG (: all tested in mixes . If you missed out on version one nows your chance to get into these guys at version 1.5(better late than never ayy) Keep rocking and thanks for putting out a consistantly great product steve and company.
Old 21st August 2007
Gear Maniac

"So are there any samples duplicated from the 1.0 series or are all the samples new? I own 1.0 and love it.

Also are there any upgrading prices for owners of 1.0?"............

Steven Slate Drums 1.5 is an updated version of what you have with new Z4 real room ambience samples and some enhanced snare sample sets.

Steven Slate Drums 1.5 Elite Mixer Edition has the entire 1.5 collection with the addition of 11 new snares, 7 new kicks, and 2 sets of toms.

You are eligible for a free upgrade:

Steven Slate Drums UPGRADE LINK

Jake thanks for your support!
Old 21st August 2007
Gear Guru

Wow the z4's sound amazing in the full mix on the second demo.
Old 21st August 2007
Gear Maniac

This is great! Thank you.

Any news on the sampler formats?
Old 21st August 2007
Gear Addict

WOW. Thats the feeling I've had for the past 24 hours since I got my official upgrade to the elite mixer samples. I'm in LA so I'm probably one of the first batch of guys to get it and I can't even describe in words how good these drums sound. The new samples sound out of this world. I love all of them. Every snare, every kick, both new sets of toms. I can literally make my 9 x 12 drum room slash bedroom sound like the Record Plant. Actually, its more like I can make my 9 x 12 drum room sound like the Record Plant with Chris Lorde Alge mixing the drums.

For me drums is the last frontier with mixing. I can get great guitar sounds with my Marshall and some of the newer guitar modeling boxes. I can get great vocals with my sytek preamps and various condensor mics. I have a DI and Ampeg SVX for good bass. But there is no way I'm going to get radio sounding drums out of my little carpeted bedroom. But now I can and it rocks. As you can probably tell, I'm pretty happy about this! All hail Steven Slate King of DRUMS!

Junk
Old 21st August 2007
Gear Guru

Just rub it in for those of us on the East Coast! ;-)
Old 21st August 2007
Gear Maniac

i gotta say...i'm an old 1.0 customer.....a free upgrade to the elite 1.5? unbelievable.
Old 21st August 2007
Gear Nut

Can someone explain me all the steps one by one of how to get the free upgrade ?

After I filled my dafs and my order no.
Do I need to put all of my details again includ my credit card no. ?
Old 22nd August 2007
Gear Maniac

To get the free upgrade, go to

Upgrade Link

the only thing you need to pay is the shipping and handling fee, the upgrade is at no cost.

more demos coming soon, for now here are three:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demos/elitemixer2.mp3

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demos/elitemixer3.mp3

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demos/twilight.mp3

don't forget to tell me how cool the new color scheme I chose for the website is.

Joel
Old 22nd August 2007
Lives for gear

As I hope to get a lot of feedback on the new Elite Mixer Series upgrades, I want to keep this new 1.5 thread the "live" thread rather then the old 1.0 thread which should be laid to rest for some much needed peace.

Anyway, I have some new audio demos coming today, and for the love of God someone tell Joel that you like his new color scheme for the website so he can shutup about it around the office.
Old 22nd August 2007
Gear Maniac

dun (g.i. joe theme) dun....real American heroes...go Joel!

ok lame....but it really is a nice web scheme!

-Sam
Welcome to Cadence
MySpace.com - cadence (formerly ever since july) - LYNCHBURG, VIRGINIA - Acoustic / Rock / Indie - www.myspace.com/eversincejuly
Old 22nd August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang View Post
and for the love of God someone tell Joel that you like his new color scheme for the website so he can shutup about it around the office.
ehh.....it's ok.heh
Old 22nd August 2007
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

Ummm well, looks like I'm finally buying drum samples. I just listened to the samples of the Elite Mixer Edition...killer.
I've always made my own samples at tracking sessions and kept them on a drive for mixing, but these sound too good to pass up!thumbsup
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

The Site Looks Great! guys!

And the new demos are killer! Just did my upgrade thing but through paypal. Didnt ask anywhere for the dafs# or order number. Did I fug it up? Got a confirmation though.
Old 23rd August 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPl View Post
The Site Looks Great! guys!

And the new demos are killer! Just did my upgrade thing but through paypal. Didnt ask anywhere for the dafs# or order number. Did I fug it up? Got a confirmation though.
I think you missed this paragraph on the upgrade page:

"VERY IMPORTANT
in order to receive your upgrade you MUST put
your original order number AND your DAFS #
in the section that says "where did you hear of us"
We will not ship out an upgrade if this section is not completed as instructed above."
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

Yep, I missed that part. Oh well.

On a side note, whats with the mass email replys RE:STEVENSLATEDRUMS in my inbox. I had 40+. And they were from I take it all customers that got the upgrade email. Very weird indeed.
Old 23rd August 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPl View Post
On a side note, whats with the mass email replys RE:STEVENSLATEDRUMS in my inbox. I had 40+. And they were from I take it all customers that got the upgrade email. Very weird indeed.
I had 2 replies (so far) this morning, myself.
Old 23rd August 2007
probably 40+ emails...
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

Yep, here too, lots of mails.

It seems, that if you write a mail to
www.stevenslatedrums.com/upgrades.html

something happens, so that you receive the mails of the guys, who also wrote a mail to upgrade. And then some users think, it's a lot of fun to press: reply to all and write some more greetings and stuff !

Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

And yeah, I want to know, what a DAFS Number is ?
I don't have one...
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

All mail issues are being solved, and we apologize for the mail in you box. The customer mass email was supposed to be taken OFFLINE but somehow it was kept online so that sending an email to it sends it out to the whole list. The person responsible for this mistake was immediately shot to their death and thrown in the river.

EDIT: Now it appears we were actually hacked.
Old 23rd August 2007
Gear Maniac

WHAT A NIGHTMARE!! Someone screwed with our mail server, don't know why someone would get a kick out of annoying people, but hey, thats life. I personally turned the customer email switch OFF. Then it was turned back on. And we got a nasty email bragging about this. We're pissed.

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/elitemixer2.mp3

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/elitemixer3.mp3

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/elitemixer4.mp3
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

Ok, I thought I was the only one who received 50 mails!
Old 23rd August 2007
Gear Addict

all good Steven, a quick "select all" delete took care of it!

Dude these samples ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snare11! crispy and fat for days! Snare 14! Probably the best rock and pop snare I've ever heard. In fact every snare on the Elite Mixer Edition is blowing my mind. So fat and punchy and warm. You know these drum samples came from tape because I cannot make these sounds with digital. All the kicks sound huge, I love the second one Kick12. It really hits you in the chest. And the Fat Toms are so far my favorite toms.

I know I'm getting a bit pushy here but is the 2.0 with the cymbals still due out in mid September? Because I really want to program these drums, not just use them for replacement.

Junk
Old 23rd August 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowMatter View Post
WHAT A NIGHTMARE!! Someone screwed with our mail server, don't know why someone would get a kick out of annoying people, but hey, thats life.
Maybe that person is jealous of your kicks... and snares.
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

I'm a long time lurker here and I felt it was time I stood and said something. Just got these SS drums Monday. Took a few days to get around to it, but yesterday I sat down and jammed something out to get a feel for how the drums work and make a library piece in the process.

At first I was like, what the crap? These all sound totally thin and don't cut through at all, then I realized that you just need to turn them up and compress the drum buss a bit.

Well, in the end I felt ashamed for having thought ill of the samples cause that's very likely the best 200 bucks I've ever spent as far as investment return goes- and my FREE 1.5 elite mixer upgrade hasn't even arrived yet...

I heard someone say on one of these threads that the price was steep- I'm thinking that person must be relatively new to samples cause I've payed a lot more for a lot less. These are the kind of samples that make you money. As far as rock drum samples go, I've not heard anything close to SSD's. They're real deal.

Anyway, I did this track and used DFH Custom and Vintage to program, then replaced the direct mic's on kick (kick7) snare (snare9) and toms (maple toms)- all Z2. Using these samples made it effortless to get the drums sounding great.

http://www.vitaetmusica.com/outgoing/Bry1.mp3

I sound like an infomercial.
Old 24th August 2007
Gear Head

Wow, the addition of the Z4 is AMAZING!

I never used the Z2's a whole lot because sometimes the ambience was too much for certain tracks, even though I almost always preferred the sound of the Z2s, now I can blend it to exactly how I'd want. I was just testing it on a snare in a very tech-metal type band and by just giving the snare (Snare10Z1) a little of it's Z4 ambience, it opened right up and sounded much more 3D.

Awesome, Awesome stuff.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search