The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Steven Slate Drum Samples v1.5 ELITE MIXER EDTION.. MP3s Posted
Old 1st October 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang View Post
I'll have more details on 2.0 stuff, as well as teasers, after AES. My only words of advice, are to be cautious if planning on investing in a drum library, before hearing what my 2.0 package has in store...
In that case I think you need to jump the gun on AES and announce and release version 2 before AES! ;-)
Old 1st October 2007
Lives for gear

... and version 2.0 of another product will be released right away... they just officially discontinued their original version so it will be any day now. I agree you might want to jump the gun if there are people looking for a product to purchase right away (not necessarily release it but post some demos or teasers).

EDIT...
Not to add any pressure or anything, brother
Old 1st October 2007
Lives for gear

fair enough. Teasers before AES....
Old 1st October 2007
Lives for gear

Old 1st October 2007
Lives for gear

Snare 19 Z3, Snare 13A Z4 (ambience), Kick 10 Z1

A rough mix with no candy. This is programmed with DFH C&V, then the snare and kick direct mic's are replaced with Halion playing the SS samples. Maximum control, baby. Steven Slate reigns.

http://www.vitaetmusica.com/Outgoing/UnleashNoVox.mp3

I use snare 19 cause I want to, not cause I have to... I fight for me! (drago)
Old 2nd October 2007
Gear Maniac

holy moly. Sounds great, I always tell people to try different Z4s with different Z1s on snare and this is a great example of that. Sounds killer. I also like using a dampened Z1 Snare and then using its UNDAMP Z4, like Snare12 Z1 and Snare12A Z4.

Fantastic work man! Please post more stuff.

Joel

BTW, Steven's working on teasers of 2.0. Prepare for cool things.
Old 6th October 2007
Lives for gear

Excuse my ignorance - sounds Great !

I was checkin' out this and the joe Basseri sounds - the demos are loops do they give you all the individual hits..
Old 7th October 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack P View Post
Excuse my ignorance - sounds Great !

I was checkin' out this and the joe Basseri sounds - the demos are loops do they give you all the individual hits..
Is that question directed at the Slate samples? If so, they're all individual hits. And the demos aren't loops. They're real drummers that just had their hits replaced with the Slate samples. Good stuff....no, GREAT stuff.
Old 8th October 2007
Lives for gear

As Myriad said, we don't have any loops, all our hits are individual samples. The current 1.5 collection is available for drum replacement, the new 2.0 Signature Drumkits will be available for a variety of software sampler platforms with full kits, including 12 drumkits modeled after classic sounding drums from some of the top artists.

info at:
WWW.STEVENSLATEDRUMS.COM/TWOINFO.HTML

Demos:
TEASER BETA DEMOS, programmed in KONTAKT 2:

DEMO 1 CLICK HERE (inspired by the sounds of Nirvana)

DEMO 2 CLICK HERE (inspired by the sounds of Red Hot Chilli Peppers)

DEMO 3 CLICK HERE (inspired by the sounds of AC/DC)

DEMO 4 CLICK HERE (inspired by the sounds of Metallica)
Old 8th October 2007
Lives for gear

So...uuuhhh....speculation on the release date?
Old 8th October 2007
Lives for gear

Bang, are there still going to be gated toms? (Actually a set of dampened toms would be even better... have been trying to emulate a band I'm listening to lately and can't get the toms even close without dampened ones... nice punch with top end stick but no ring whatsoever, I think gated wouldn't be the same thing I'm talkin' 'bout... would make my day, no, my year!).
Old 8th October 2007
Lives for gear

Listen to the toms that are modeled after NIRVANA NEVERMIND in that first demo, nice and thick and DAMP. You'll love em. They rock.

Release date announced soon. AES was great, Joel and I met a lot of gearslutters actually and it was a lot of fun. More news and demos to come.
Old 8th October 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Listen to the toms that are modeled after NIRVANA NEVERMIND in that first demo, nice and thick and DAMP. You'll love em. They rock.

Release date announced soon. AES was great, Joel and I met a lot of gearslutters actually and it was a lot of fun. More news and demos to come.
Got ya. Will give them a try once they're out. Thanks bro.
Old 15th October 2007
Lives for gear

Hi there,

so as I wrote earlier here are 2 mixes with steven's samples - just forgot which one did I actually used hehheh nevermind

http://www.morpheusmultimedia.sk/stu.../suffer_gs.mp3

http://www.morpheusmultimedia.sk/stu...A/figth_gs.mp3

enjoy

btw just discovered my post from GS on steven's site ) cool man
Old 15th October 2007
Lives for gear

Sounds great David, I love the huge guitars too.

We have finished the GOG version of our metal kit inspired by the sounds of Metallica. Some of the earlier versions of these samples can be heard in the 2.0 teaser thread.

We're looking for current customers to beta test it. All you have to do is follow David's lead and post a bitchin hard rock or metal mix using some samples from my collection.
Old 15th October 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Sounds great David, I love the huge guitars too.

We have finished the GOG version of our metal kit inspired by the sounds of Metallica. Some of the earlier versions of these samples can be heard in the 2.0 teaser thread.

We're looking for current customers to beta test it. All you have to do is follow David's lead and post a bitchin hard rock or metal mix using some samples from my collection.

I will be doing a whole album for a grind-core band - the sessions should start this december, definitely there will be room for your samples untill then it's hip-hop time for me
Old 15th October 2007
Lives for gear

can't wait to hear it David..

Here is the updated snare inspired by the sounds of Metallica.. you can hear it is more authentic then the last beta teaser:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo2/METALLICA3.wav
Old 15th October 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:

Here is the updated snare inspired by the sounds of Metallica.. you can hear it is more authentic then the last beta teaser:

That sounds pretty damn close as far as I can remember. good job Bang.
Old 16th October 2007
Lives for gear

will there be GURU sampler mapping?
Old 16th October 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:

Thats ridiculous! Its sooo close, Im impressed

Sounds amazing Bang, I like the direction your going.

Im working on the deftones thing, and some other stuff ill get up here in the next week.

Keep up the good work,
Oz
Old 18th October 2007
Lives for gear

Hi guys.

Here is the deftones around the fur thing.

I mixed it OTB on my toft and a few bits of outboard, comps, verbs (on room mics) etc.

Its pretty close i think, although the mp3 conversion has robbed alot of the magic.

Let me know what ya'll think.

oz
Attached Files

01 Track 1.mp3 (762.7 KB, 162 views)

Old 18th October 2007
Lives for gear

Oh, and heres some unmixed metal stuff, ala Steve Slate (before samples, after samples and in mixheh)

I was going for the Andy Sneap type thing.

Kick15(-i think)z3
Snare 15 z1
fat toms z1 (gated)

Opinions welcome.

Oz
Attached Files

02 Track 2.mp3 (2.67 MB, 154 views)

Old 18th October 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
Hi guys.

Here is the deftones around the fur thing.

I mixed it OTB on my toft and a few bits of outboard, comps, verbs (on room mics) etc.

Its pretty close i think, although the mp3 conversion has robbed alot of the magic.

Let me know what ya'll think.

oz
Incredible. I got a digital bath one coming but this one rocks Ozzy, well done! The ambience is perfect. Repost this badboy everywhere, very talented man! Also tell everyone which samps you used.
Old 19th October 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gideon352 View Post
sounds great oz!
Quote:
Incredible. I got a digital bath one coming but this one rocks Ozzy, well done! The ambience is perfect. Repost this badboy everywhere, very talented man! Also tell everyone which samps you used.
Thanks guys.

I was pleased with how close I got it.

I cant remember which samples I used off the top of my head, but Ill make a note an post em here.

I did fiddle with them a bit, I found around the fur to have a really prominant midrange overall, so applied a bit to the kick and snare, plus i de-tuned the kick sample in drumagog pretty low, and comp'ed it to f*ck with a dbx to get that sub effect.

I crushed the room mics with a RNC and theres some lexicon room verb on em, matched by ear to around the fur.

I also parrallel compressed with a RNLA (I love this comp...does that make me uncool? lol!)

Thanks again guys, always nice to hear feedback from talented ppl!

Oz
Old 21st October 2007
Gear Maniac

Steven just sent me this link... its a live mix by Jeff Juliano using Z1 and Z4 samples on the kick and snare, its JAMES BLUNT live:

http://dentynejb.imeem.com/playlist/PPjVc7s5/

Sounds great!
Old 23rd October 2007
Gear Maniac

gearslutter Tom from B Digital mixed this track using the samples, the band is 710OIL and the track is called "It's Not".

www.stevenslatedrums.com/customers/itsnot.mp3

sounds great Tom
Old 23rd October 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowMatter View Post
gearslutter Tom from B Digital mixed this track using the samples, the band is 710OIL and the track is called "It's Not".

www.stevenslatedrums.com/customers/itsnot.mp3

sounds great Tom
Nice sounding guitars on that one. Oh, and the drum samples are okay, too. heh
Old 25th October 2007

Thanks so much Myriad. Steven and Charles Dye have helped me bridge the gap between old and new school. I am forever in debted.

Thanks so much!
Old 4th November 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowMatter View Post
That sounds fantastic man! All our big metal guys are going crazy over Steven's new kick15, the "METAL KICK2". Its got the fatness and thickness to beef through everything, with the same classic top end smack that a metal kick needs. And the top end smack isn't small and tiny, its wide!

Here is another all programmed mix by MarchHare, its Kick11 (with some Z4) and Snare7 (with some Z4). All the guitars he mixed with Line6Gearbox!

www.stevenslatedrums.com/customers/marchhare1.mp3

And remember there is a stupidly crazy discount on the Elite Mixer Edition going on RIGHT NOW until midnight tonight pacific time.

Joel

I have been hearing a lot of mixes like this one on the internet lately.

No disrespect to the Mixer, (actually Im trying to help because someone has to point this out.) but dont these guys listen to their highend? Its almost sounds like they add a track of static to the mix. Im sure if you High passed that mix you'd hear pure static

I only mention this because it is so common. This about the the 10th one I've heard in a month and it almost seems like they are referencing eachother. Most were Death Metal so I know ther are not many decent ME in that genre anyway.

You never hear this on Pro sounding mixes. It seems like they dont know how to get the sheen they hear on CD's so they try an imitate it the only way they know how. I can hear it has nothing to do with any of the instruments but with handling of EQ and possibly a BBE or other enhancer...who knows..maybe even a track of static.

BTW..the more I hear Steves product the more Im impressed. If I didnt already have so many great samples, many of which I fine tuned, I would go for this. Its just easier for me, the way I have entire kits setup, for now. But I suspect I will get this sometime down the road.
Old 5th November 2007
Lives for gear

Some news here...

There are a lot of great new drums, besides that of the modeled drums in 2.0. Some of these new snares are my absolute favorites thus far. And for the guys who wanted the SUPER RINGY snares we have two that you'll be LOVING.

But of course the cool part of 2.0 will be the modeled kits, which are coming along great. I do promise this week to finally get out some more demos, we have the kits inspired by Tommy Lee, Neil Peart, and Dream Theater basically done. More to come soon.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search