The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Steven Slate Drum Samples v1.5 ELITE MIXER EDTION.. MP3s Posted
Old 24th September 2007
Here for the gear

Hi Steven!

Snare 19 sounds great, as well as the full collection. It´s obvious to anyone working with the samples that you´re a great mixer & musicician that love your work Thanks for the generosity you have with us all.

Cheers

Guillermo
Old 24th September 2007
Lives for gear

Hi everyone,

so I have finished my first project where I used steven's samples - go to kapela Rocksanna - Mattoni BandZone - there are 3 tunes, hope I remember correctly it's kick 11 and snare 13 - on the snare I used both the Z1 and Z4 samples

Overall impressions about the whole library - almost p*ssed my pants, the sounds are fantastic and the Z4 is the ****.

I am currenlty mixing a second project - metal/HC (which is the type of music I do most) with heavy detuned guitars and really heavy drums - first time I have a feeling that the drums are just as they should be - they are heavy and punchy and cut through that "guitar wall". a soon as the mix is done I will post some samples.

definitely one of the best things I have spent money on and the customer service is A+ as well

steven & co you f*cking rock man

just downloaded snare 19
Old 24th September 2007
Lives for gear

Great stuff man, Kick11 and Snare13 are a sweet sounding combo!

Two things: Non owners of the the collection can win a free ELITE MIXER EDITION package by posting a mix with free snare 19.

And the ELITE MIXER package will go BACK up to its normal price of 289.00 tomorrow, right now its discounted 30 dollars.

You can check out tons of audio demos from all three packages now right on the order page:

CLICK HERE TO GO THERE
Old 24th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang View Post
Two things: Non owners of the the collection can win a free ELITE MIXER EDITION package by posting a mix with free snare 19.
I'm going to TRY to get mine posted TONIGHT. I did some mixing for a Red Dirt rock band not too long ago. I'm going to add Snare 19 in there and see how it sounds.
Old 25th September 2007
Lives for gear

Very cool can't wait to hear it. Again, simply post a demo using Snare19 and you're in the drawing to win one of four copies of the ELITE MIXER EDITION.

demos of Steven Slate Drums:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/stevenslate9.mp3

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/snare4kick2.mp3

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/elitemixer2.mp3

FREE SNARE19:
www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/elitemixer5B.mp3 with kick4

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/elitemixer5.mp3 with kick13

click free at the bottom of our page to get it!

ELITE MIXER EDITION discounted 30 bucks for the rest of today

We have so many user reviews that have been sent to us, as well as some new platinum mixers who were also kind enough to give us a testimonial. Keep checking the site!
Old 25th September 2007
Lives for gear

Bang,

Do u need a whole song or just a 30-sec to a minute of a mix? Just curious. I can upload a whole song but if it's not required I will just upload what I need.
Old 25th September 2007
Lives for gear

Check out this sick ass customer demo USING FREE SNARE19 and some other Steven Slate Drums samples, from sneaper/gearslutter SPLAT.

http://www.stevenslatedrums.com/cust...latsnare19.mp3

and now this heavy metal tune from felipe x using the samps:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/customers/felipex.mp3
Old 25th September 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Check out this sick ass customer demo USING FREE SNARE19 and some other Steven Slate Drums samples, from sneaper/gearslutter SPLAT.

http://www.stevenslatedrums.com/cust...latsnare19.mp3

and now this heavy metal tune from felipe x using the samps:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/customers/felipex.mp3
Bang, snare19 is a beautiful sample man. Really generous to offer this one for free. Do you mind me asking what snare you used in this? As a drummer i can never own enough snares haha
Old 25th September 2007
Lives for gear

Hey Dave, glad you are liking SNARE19!

Its one of Powerman 5000 drummer Adrian Osts MAPLE snares... yeah I know the thing sounds like its brass... I'll have to find out the exact name.

Also, thats Adrian HITTING it. This dude hits like a ****ing madman.
Old 25th September 2007
Lives for gear

WOW. This is a demo made with Snare19 by a member of the KVR forum, named SHY. Its an extremely creative use of the sample! Listen:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/customers/Shy_kvr.mp3
Old 25th September 2007
Gear Nut

Hi,

I just did a quick mix using the free snare19; it's just amazing you're giving this one away for free!! Finally, something free that is actually usable... Although the word 'usable' is a bit of an understatement here .

By the way, it's a live recording, as you can hear... very small crowd though...

http://wannes.gonnissen.com/slate.mp3

Obviously this is just a part of the song (the outro) - the whole song is about 10 minutes long...
Old 25th September 2007
Lives for gear

Sounds KILLER! Great snare sound for that song. Nice work!

Check out our three drum sample packages HERE
Old 26th September 2007
Lives for gear

Bang, what are the chances of getting a teaser from the cymbal pack? (crashes and open hats in a mix!). Pretty please!
Old 26th September 2007
Lives for gear

My goal is to post a whole BUNCH of teasers from the 2.0 Collection by next week.

I'll also be letting some new surprises slip out about some very cool details of the2.0 update.

But all I can say, is that after tons of experimenting, we have some of the most airy, detailed, 3d sounding hats and cymbals, some custom tailored new drums (more on this later) and easy intuitive mappings that will make this the last drum collection you'll ever need or want for that matter. It may even make you consider firing your alcoholic drummer heh
Old 26th September 2007
Lives for gear

cool!
Old 26th September 2007
Lives for gear

Looking forward to this Bang!
Old 26th September 2007
Lives for gear

Here is a recent mix for a client of mine.
I provided the drums and the scream in the middle of the song. heh
The original snare was lower in pitch but this "Snare19" seems to work well in this song.

MP3 is attached to this post.

Artist - "Nechee".

Song - "Hollywood Bowl"

Website: MySpace.com - Neechee - ROSWELL, Georgia - Pop Punk / Alternative / Rock - www.myspace.com/myneechee
Attached Files

Hollywood Bowl Snare19.mp3 (3.81 MB, 191 views)

Old 26th September 2007
Lives for gear

Sounds killer Ryst. Great use of the free Snare19.

Keep checking this thread folks, we'll have some cool news about Version 2 and some new audio demos coming soon.
Old 26th September 2007
Lives for gear

I'm lucky enough to have some of my very favorite mixers using my drum samples. Its such a trip to be able to talk shop with these guys after being influenced by their mixes for so long. One of these guys is producer/mixer/engineer Jay Baumgarder.

Jay Baumgardner has produced and mixed some incredible sounding albums by artists like EVANESSENCE, PAPA ROACH, HOOBASTANK, GODSMACK, DROWNING POOL, SEETHER, NEW FOUND GLORY, DEADSY, ORGY, ALIEN ANT FARM... and I could probably go on but you get the point.

So here is what Jay had to say about us, which you can also read at the site:

"The Steven Slate Drums collection contains some of the best sounding drum samples I've heard. The variety is fantastic, I can find a drum sound for any given mix. All the samples have a great PUNCH and PRESENCE that is way beyond any other drum collection I've heard. Truely an invaluable tool for a rock mixer. And they taste great too."

Jay is currently producing and mixing the new POD record which I've heard some cuts from. And it ROCKS.

ALSO, we modded our product page to better suit our customers... check it!
Old 27th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
But hows this... We're giving away four copies of the ELITE MIXER EDITION drum collection... here is all you have to do. Use FREE Snare19 and make an mp3 demo with some music. Then post it in this thread. Do this by Wednesday. We'll randomly choose four of the entries in a drawing and those posters will get a free sample disc. Yey!
Hey Bang, here's my entry using FREE snare 19!!! I turned the drums up in this rough mix.

http://www.myriad-productions.com/Shine.mp3
Old 27th September 2007
Gear Maniac

good stuff man! sounds good myriad.

I just got this demo from "Blacklbird" at the Andy Sneap forums, check out his use of SNARE19:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/customers/blackbird_sneap.mp3

Great stuff! This free snare was even more of a success then I had imagined it would be!

Joel
Old 27th September 2007
Lives for gear

Jays mixes are pretty dam sweeet! sss are sweet as well!
Old 27th September 2007
Lives for gear

Who won, who won, who won? hehheh thumbsup
Old 28th September 2007
Lives for gear

I'll announce the four winners in a bit, I haven't drawn them quite yet... good luck though!

Yeah Jake, Jay Baumgardner is a badass mixer and producer.

We also are lucky to have Dave Way as a user. Dave Way has worked with some of the top artists in the world. He's mixed Fionna Apple, Christina Aguilera, Sheryl Crow, Macy Gray, Mick Jagger, and more.

Here's what Dave had to say about the drum collection:

"These samples are just what I need - a vast library with GREAT
sounding drums that instantly and easily fit into a mix.
Drum replacement can be a tricky thing. The samples need to be designed
to work WITH the track. And that's what Steven has done so well here.
All these samples just seem to sit so well with little or no fuss. It's
never been easier to beef things up and get a mix happening. "

Very cool! Thanks Dave! Look for Dave to appear soon in our Pros Section. I'll announce the winners of the Snare 19 drawing soon.
Old 28th September 2007
Lives for gear

Ok, so I did the drawing for the free Elite Mixer collections. Here is how I did it. We put all the member names onto peices of paper, folded them up, and put them in an empty box that once held the severed hands of a mime*. Shook up the box, and pulled out five names (I know I said four but I was feeling good today)...

there is one winner from gearslutz. It is:

Oneass

So oneass PM now.

We'll be announcing some really cool 2.0 info soon.

*added for dramatic effect
Old 28th September 2007
Gear Addict

Damn, Jay Baumgardner! His mixes rock. I use Papa Roach's "Last Resort" as a reference mix all the time. My roomate is mixing a pop record and his reference is Christina Agulara "Genie in a Bottle". So having Jay and Dave Way use the drums is really cool.

I read somewhere that the new 2.0 is going to have preset drum kits that model drum sounds from famous albums. Any news on this?

Junk
Old 28th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ok, so I did the drawing for the free Elite Mixer collections. Here is how I did it. We put all the member names onto peices of paper, folded them up, and put them in an empty box that once held the severed hands of a mime*. Shook up the box, and pulled out five names (I know I said four but I was feeling good today)...

there is one winner from gearslutz. It is:

Oneass

So oneass PM now.

We'll be announcing some really cool 2.0 info soon.

*added for dramatic effect
Well, ****...I'm broke enough as it is and now I have to actually BUY the Elite Mixer pack now...

Congrats to Oneass
Old 29th September 2007
Gear Nut

Cool

Yey!!! heh heh
I'm really excited to hear I won!! Thanks Steve, and everyone else at Yellow Matter!

I'm sorry Myriad_Rocker and other fellow gearslutz... more luck next time...
Old 29th September 2007
NL5
Lives for gear

Quote:

Also, thats Adrian HITTING it. This dude hits like a ****ing madman.
Now theres an UNDERSTATEMENT!!!!
Old 1st October 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJunk View Post
Damn, Jay Baumgardner! His mixes rock. I use Papa Roach's "Last Resort" as a reference mix all the time. My roomate is mixing a pop record and his reference is Christina Agulara "Genie in a Bottle". So having Jay and Dave Way use the drums is really cool.

I read somewhere that the new 2.0 is going to have preset drum kits that model drum sounds from famous albums. Any news on this?

Junk
I'll have more details on 2.0 stuff, as well as teasers, after AES. My only words of advice, are to be cautious if planning on investing in a drum library, before hearing what my 2.0 package has in store...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search