The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Steven Slate Drum Samples v1.5 ELITE MIXER EDTION.. MP3s Posted
Old 10th September 2007
  #91
Gear Maniac
 

another killer customer demo from one of the guys over at Andy Sneap's forum:

http://www.sneapforum.celtiaproducti...esteqqbert.wav

this sounds awesome. thats all I got to say. we have talented customers.

Joel
Old 10th September 2007
  #92
Lives for gear
 
Jake 2.0's Avatar
Thatsounds really nice and HUGE!
Old 11th September 2007
  #93
Lives for gear
 
Ozzy's Avatar
 

Hi guys.

I ordered my upgrade to 1.5 on august 25th, and still havent recieved anything. I emailed the steveslate email add, and not had a reply.

When I ordered V1, the shipping was incredibly fast, so when the upgrade still hasnt come after 2 and 1/2 weeks, Im starting to get paranoid!

Does anyone have any info on when Im likely to recieve it?

Many thanks, and cant wait to hear the samples.

Oz
Old 11th September 2007
  #94
Gear Maniac
 

Hey Oz, email me right now at [email protected]

I don't know how I didn't see your mail since check it every hour, but either way we'll take care of you immediately. If you were the customer with the earthlink account, your email wouldn't accept because of spam filters.

Anyone else who has issues and for some reason isn't getting a response at [email protected], feel free to PM me.

Some newest stuff:
Snare 12A, Kick3:
www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/lcslutz2.mp3

Snare12A, Kick11:
www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/elitemixer2.mp3

Snare14, Kick12:
www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/elitemixer3.mp3

Snare15, Kick13:
www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/twilight.mp3

Joel
Old 11th September 2007
  #95
Lives for gear
 
Ozzy's Avatar
 

Email sent.

Cheers Joel.

Oz
Old 11th September 2007
  #96
Lives for gear
 
andremattos's Avatar
 

Thumbs up

Hey Bang,

I would like to thank you for the Elite Mixer Samples v1.5heh

Man ,
the Elite Mixer v1.5 are the best samples for drums in the world!
Fantastic snares and kicks!!
I am in love with it , and my customers too!

THANK YOU !!!




P.S sorry for my poor english
Old 11th September 2007
  #97
Lives for gear
 

Thanks very much Andre, can't wait to hear some of your new mixes.

NEW ELITE MIXER AUDIO DEMO!!

R&B FUNK!

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/elitemixer4.mp3

Snare16 Z1, a nice dose of Snare16 Z4 real room ambience, and Kick16 !!
Old 13th September 2007
  #98
Gear Maniac
 

We have 8 Elite Mixer discs which ran the end of the printing machine and have smeared and faded print. I'm letting these 8 Elite Mixer Edition discs go for the price of the regular package, which is 209 bucks, an 80 DOLLAR DISCOUNT. First come first serve, go to this link to grab em:

CLICK HERE TO GET DISCOUNT ELITE MIXER DISCS

Here is all the current Elite Mixer Edition demos:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/elitemixer2.mp3

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/elitemixer3.mp3

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/elitemixer4.mp3

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/twilight.mp3

going to our page you can hear many more demos,
Joel
Old 13th September 2007
  #99
Lives for gear
 
Flying_Dutchman's Avatar
 

I did it!

Great price!

Thanks
Old 13th September 2007
  #100
Lives for gear
 

This is a quote from Todd that was accidentally posted on the old 1.0 thread, I'm trying to keep THIS thread the live thread (until 2.0) so here is his post, which I will then answer:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BANG!! Your drums sounds AMAZING!!! HUGE!!!

If i were to buy the Project version, couldnt i just use the .wav files
ie= drag the appropriate sample to an audio track, and place it under
the original drum hit, in the Nuendo arrange window? I could just program
with DKFH as normal, render them to wave, then drag in your replacement
samples, right? I could simply keep my DKFH hats and cymbals up, and
X the snare and kick..

Or map my own instruments with Kontakt 2?

If this is doable, im ready to buy. I have DKFH Superior and Custom n Vintage.
But it takes years to mix them to sound like your drums.

It be nice to have mappings, as 2.0 will have, but i have no idea when 2.0 is coming
out, and you probably dont either, am i right?

You must get a great feeling from knowing people like us, with 100 gigs
of drum samples, drooling to get hold of just a few of your sounds.

Hope to hear back on this soon!!
You are a Druma GOD!!
T
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Todd, a lot of guys are using the hits to replace hits from other softwares such as the one's you've mentioned. You can do this manually but I definitely would check out Drumagog since it makes it a LOT easier and you'll find it well worth the money. You can map for whatever sampler you'd like, but I will say after all that hard work, I do have a programmer mapping as we speak for Kontakt and other libraries.

2.0 is getting there, the cymbals are very detailed and are taking a lot of editing work, but its coming, maybe even by AES. And its true, no need for 100 gigs of live kits with our stuff, all the goodness is already premixed IN. The new Project Pack which is available (although I haven't officially announced it but will soon) is a great way to start, and the included samples are many people's favs.

Thanks for the kind words,

as of 3:34 PM Pacific time, there is ONE faded ELITE MIXER disc left going for 80 bucks less the retail price:
CLICK HERE TO BE THE LUCKY BASTARD TO GET IT
Old 14th September 2007
  #101
Gear Maniac
 

I've got a ninth disc here that has only semi fading on it, so I'll leave that link up for whoever wants it, the regular price of the ELITE MIXER SERIES is 289 dollars, this faded one is $209:

CLICK HERE
Old 14th September 2007
  #102
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang View Post
Thanks very much Andre, can't wait to hear some of your new mixes.

NEW ELITE MIXER AUDIO DEMO!!

R&B FUNK!

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/elitemixer4.mp3

Snare16 Z1, a nice dose of Snare16 Z4 real room ambience, and Kick16 !!
You can really hear the essence of that Z4 on this new demo. Sounds sweet. I can't even describe the response I've been getting from using these big ass new samples. Drummers go gaga when they hear how fat their sounds can be. The really hard decision comes with figuring out which samples to use. The new snares are drool worthy. I know I've said this before but I'd pay for a DVD that shows step by step exactly how you record and process the samples to make them sound like that. My problem is that no matter how much I eq an compress I can't get them as THICK sounding. Maybe its a 2 inch tape thing, I dunno.

BTW for anyone doing metal, snare15, kick15, and Fat Toms are the absolute bomb. I just finished a full album for my friend's band and their kick and snare sounded awful, but you'd never know after I mixed it. I'll send a snippet to you Steven to post.

Also, is there a sampler that you recommend for the new 2.0 coming out or will it work the same in all the samplers?

Junk
Old 14th September 2007
  #103
Lives for gear
 
Flying_Dutchman's Avatar
 

ordered...hell awaits...

i wondering how this samples can replace snare rolls and dead notes...
i always trouble with this...

i don´t want to hijack this thread, but do ou guys have any tips for doing this?

btw, the sound samples form the stevenslate page are unprocessed (no channel comp or anything?)...
Old 14th September 2007
  #104
Lives for gear
 

Great news for you my friend. There are REAL snare rolls on the Steven Slate Drums 1.5 disc, and many guys replace rolls very well with them. You can also cut up the rolls and use them as little roll ghost notes.

ALSO VERY IMPORTANT: The samples on the website have NO ADDTIONAL PROCESSING, what you hear is the 100% sample replacement with the actual sample sound, no further eqing or compressing of the sample.

We have sold out of the smeared discs but I'll leave the link up a little bit longer for anyone who wants a nice little savings on the Elite Edition:

CLICK HERE,
Old 14th September 2007
  #105
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang View Post
This is a quote from Todd that was accidentally posted on the old 1.0 thread, I'm trying to keep THIS thread the live thread (until 2.0) so here is his post, which I will then answer:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BANG!! Your drums sounds AMAZING!!! HUGE!!!

If i were to buy the Project version, couldnt i just use the .wav files
ie= drag the appropriate sample to an audio track, and place it under
the original drum hit, in the Nuendo arrange window? I could just program
with DKFH as normal, render them to wave, then drag in your replacement
samples, right? I could simply keep my DKFH hats and cymbals up, and
X the snare and kick..

Or map my own instruments with Kontakt 2?

If this is doable, im ready to buy. I have DKFH Superior and Custom n Vintage.
But it takes years to mix them to sound like your drums.

It be nice to have mappings, as 2.0 will have, but i have no idea when 2.0 is coming
out, and you probably dont either, am i right?

You must get a great feeling from knowing people like us, with 100 gigs
of drum samples, drooling to get hold of just a few of your sounds.

Hope to hear back on this soon!!
You are a Druma GOD!!
T
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Todd, a lot of guys are using the hits to replace hits from other softwares such as the one's you've mentioned. You can do this manually but I definitely would check out Drumagog since it makes it a LOT easier and you'll find it well worth the money. You can map for whatever sampler you'd like, but I will say after all that hard work, I do have a programmer mapping as we speak for Kontakt and other libraries.

2.0 is getting there, the cymbals are very detailed and are taking a lot of editing work, but its coming, maybe even by AES. And its true, no need for 100 gigs of live kits with our stuff, all the goodness is already premixed IN. The new Project Pack which is available (although I haven't officially announced it but will soon) is a great way to start, and the included samples are many people's favs.

Thanks for the kind words,

as of 3:34 PM Pacific time, there is ONE faded ELITE MIXER disc left going for 80 bucks less the retail price:
CLICK HERE TO BE THE LUCKY BASTARD TO GET IT
Thanks Bang!! I'll be putting in my order Monday!!!
I'll get the project pack for now, then i'll order the whole shabang
when 2.0 comes out.

Todd
Old 14th September 2007
  #106
Lives for gear
 

Sounds good Todd.. There are some great samples in the Project Kit...

Snare7 is really popular, here it is in action with Kick1A, also in the Project Kit:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/stevenslate5.mp3

Snare4 is also in Project Kit:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/snare4kick2.mp3


Here is all the current Elite Mixer Edition demos:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/elitemixer2.mp3

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/elitemixer3.mp3

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/elitemixer4.mp3

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/twilight.mp3
Old 15th September 2007
  #107
Lives for gear
 
Jake 2.0's Avatar
Steve ,

Thats pretty sweet that you made a lower cost price version avaible for people who cant stomach the 2 bills (just yet) of the main versions but i garantee you the 2nd they start playing with the samps they will upgrade!
Old 15th September 2007
  #108
Gear Maniac
 

Hey Jake, you know its funny you said that, because two customers who bought the PROJECT pack last week BOTH upgraded to the ELITE pack only days later.

Anyway, here are three of the sickest customer mixes that I just received.

First two are from Wayne Baird, the artist is Julie Downs, I'll find out about which samples these are unless Steven can chime in since he'll obviously know:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/customers/wayne1.mp3

www.stevenslatedrums.com/customers/wayne2.mp3

and next from JSSRECORDING MySpace.com - JSS Productions - US - Other - www.myspace.com/jsspro artist
UNORTHODOX MySpace.com - UNORTHODOX - Kansas City, Missouri - Pop / Rock / Alternative - www.myspace.com/unorthodoxmo this one has drums solo'd and then with the mix:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/customers/Takeuhome.mov

So although we have yet to officially announce it, the new PROJECT kits are available (only 99 bucks) with five sets of really popular drums, and its upgradeable at any time to the pro ELITE set.

We encourage our customers to post and send us demos, and to let us know how you are doing with the drums! For any technical problems, email us anytime at [email protected]

Joel
Old 16th September 2007
  #109
Gear Guru
 
Animus's Avatar
 

Hi Bang,

How is that free sidestick and reggae snare you mentioned releasing a couple weeks ago coming? Oh and how those cymbals coming? :-)

Also, is there a way I can get the corrected samples for the Maple Toms Z4's that have the delay I mentioned earlier? I roughly fixed the ones I have but I just lobbed off the silence so I don't know how much predelay you had intended for those toms.

thanks
Old 16th September 2007
  #110
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowMatter View Post
Hey Jake, you know its funny you said that, because two customers who bought the PROJECT pack last week BOTH upgraded to the ELITE pack only days later.

Anyway, here are three of the sickest customer mixes that I just received.

First two are from Wayne Baird, the artist is Julie Downs, I'll find out about which samples these are unless Steven can chime in since he'll obviously know:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/customers/wayne1.mp3

www.stevenslatedrums.com/customers/wayne2.mp3

and next from JSSRECORDING MySpace.com - JSS Productions - US - Other - www.myspace.com/jsspro artist
UNORTHODOX MySpace.com - UNORTHODOX - Kansas City, Missouri - Pop / Rock / Alternative - www.myspace.com/unorthodoxmo this one has drums solo'd and then with the mix:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/customers/Takeuhome.mov

So although we have yet to officially announce it, the new PROJECT kits are available (only 99 bucks) with five sets of really popular drums, and its upgradeable at any time to the pro ELITE set.

We encourage our customers to post and send us demos, and to let us know how you are doing with the drums! For any technical problems, email us anytime at [email protected]

Joel
Hmmm, just listened to the Julie Downs stuff, and it sounds like they
mangled the snare. Sounds mashed and a bit trashy.
They should have left it alone. tutt

Steve's samples already sound so perfect out of the box.
I certainly dont plan to do much of anything with them, except
place them properly.
Old 16th September 2007
  #111
Lives for gear
 
SkunkWorks's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd View Post
Hmmm, just listened to the Julie Downs stuff, and it sounds like they
mangled the snare. Sounds mashed and a bit trashy.
They should have left it alone. tutt

Steve's samples already sound so perfect out of the box.
I certainly dont plan to do much of anything with them, except
place them properly.
Ya I immediately noticed a bunch of stuff about the drum mix I didn't like but didn't want to say anything. Sounds like a drum machine or keyboard drums.
Old 16th September 2007
  #112
Lives for gear
 
Jake 2.0's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowMatter View Post
Hey Jake, you know its funny you said that, because two customers who bought the PROJECT pack last week BOTH upgraded to the ELITE pack only days later.

Anyway, here are three of the sickest customer mixes that I just received.

First two are from Wayne Baird, the artist is Julie Downs, I'll find out about which samples these are unless Steven can chime in since he'll obviously know:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/customers/wayne1.mp3

www.stevenslatedrums.com/customers/wayne2.mp3

and next from JSSRECORDING MySpace.com - JSS Productions - US - Other - www.myspace.com/jsspro artist
UNORTHODOX MySpace.com - UNORTHODOX - Kansas City, Missouri - Pop / Rock / Alternative - www.myspace.com/unorthodoxmo this one has drums solo'd and then with the mix:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/customers/Takeuhome.mov

So although we have yet to officially announce it, the new PROJECT kits are available (only 99 bucks) with five sets of really popular drums, and its upgradeable at any time to the pro ELITE set.

We encourage our customers to post and send us demos, and to let us know how you are doing with the drums! For any technical problems, email us anytime at [email protected]

Joel
Im just a mind reader (: either that or i know how great the samples are.
Old 16th September 2007
  #113
Gear Maniac
 

I thought the Julie Down's mixes had a really slick POP sound to them, to me thats what a lot of pop drums sound like. I have yet to find out which samples they are.

I was going through the demos and found some more favorites, here is another customer demo that has a before and after:

Snare7 and Kick1A?
www.stevenslatedrums.com/customers/customer1a.mp3

and without samples

www.stevenslatedrums.com/customers/customer1b.mp3

this one shows off a bunch of goodies:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/stevenslate14.mp3

and this just kicks ass because how close it sounds to the Deftones:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/deftonessnarekick.mp3


Steve is on a mini vacation but he did finish the sidestick and reggae snare so as soon as I get the ok I'll post them for download, for EVERYONE to have, they'll be free.

ALSO IMPORTANT: If you are a Steven Slate Drums user and live in LA and are a user of EXS, Battery, KONTAKT or any other major sampler, please contact us.

Joel
Old 16th September 2007
  #114
Lives for gear
 
SkunkWorks's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowMatter View Post
I thought the Julie Down's mixes had a really slick POP sound to them, to me thats what a lot of pop drums sound like. I have yet to find out which samples they are.
Hmmm. Maybe pop from the 80's. Not my cup 'o tea as they say
Old 16th September 2007
  #115
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowMatter View Post
I thought the Julie Down's mixes had a really slick POP sound to them, to me thats what a lot of pop drums sound like. I have yet to find out which samples they are.

I was going through the demos and found some more favorites, here is another customer demo that has a before and after:

Snare7 and Kick1A?
www.stevenslatedrums.com/customers/customer1a.mp3

and without samples

www.stevenslatedrums.com/customers/customer1b.mp3

this one shows off a bunch of goodies:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/stevenslate14.mp3

and this just kicks ass because how close it sounds to the Deftones:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/deftonessnarekick.mp3


Steve is on a mini vacation but he did finish the sidestick and reggae snare so as soon as I get the ok I'll post them for download, for EVERYONE to have, they'll be free.

ALSO IMPORTANT: If you are a Steven Slate Drums user and live in LA and are a user of EXS, Battery, KONTAKT or any other major sampler, please contact us.

Joel
I dig those demos too. I'll be back in the studio tomorrow to finish some final tweaks on the sidestick and reggae snares. I've also got a bunch of cool announcements this week, and I'm also going to try to get a demo clip from one of the "Elite Mixers". Enjoy your sunday folks, go PATRIOTS.
Old 16th September 2007
  #116
Lives for gear
 
SkunkWorks's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowMatter View Post
I thought the Julie Down's mixes had a really slick POP sound to them, to me thats what a lot of pop drums sound like. I have yet to find out which samples they are.

I was going through the demos and found some more favorites, here is another customer demo that has a before and after:

Snare7 and Kick1A?
www.stevenslatedrums.com/customers/customer1a.mp3

and without samples

www.stevenslatedrums.com/customers/customer1b.mp3

this one shows off a bunch of goodies:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/stevenslate14.mp3

and this just kicks ass because how close it sounds to the Deftones:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/deftonessnarekick.mp3


Steve is on a mini vacation but he did finish the sidestick and reggae snare so as soon as I get the ok I'll post them for download, for EVERYONE to have, they'll be free.

ALSO IMPORTANT: If you are a Steven Slate Drums user and live in LA and are a user of EXS, Battery, KONTAKT or any other major sampler, please contact us.

Joel
Which snare is that last Deftones one? It says 5 but is that from 1.0? (I ask because 1.5 has some snares updated but we don't know which ones). And is it the Z2 by itself? How much of the original snare overhead and room ambience from the unreplaced cymbals do we hear on it?. Now that's a snare! But I fear that an out of the box snare5 won't sound like that by itself... I don't remember it being one I wanted to use when I tried it.
Old 17th September 2007
  #117
Lives for gear
 

Its snare 5. I doubt you are hearing hardly any leakage from the overheads. Snare5 sounds like that. Try it. From my memory, the ambience is a Lexicon reverb, not a Z2 or a Z4. But I also remember thinking that now with the Z4s you'll be able to get an even more deftonesy sound because Terry using a lot of real ambience on those drums. I'll see if I can whip something up this week, but snare5 is a real winner, as is its damp version snare5A.

here it is again:

http://www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo...ssnarekick.mp3
Old 17th September 2007
  #118
Lives for gear
 
SkunkWorks's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang View Post
Its snare 5. I doubt you are hearing hardly any leakage from the overheads. Snare5 sounds like that. Try it. From my memory, the ambience is a Lexicon reverb, not a Z2 or a Z4. But I also remember thinking that now with the Z4s you'll be able to get an even more deftonesy sound because Terry using a lot of real ambience on those drums. I'll see if I can whip something up this week, but snare5 is a real winner, as is its damp version snare5A.

here it is again:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/deftonessnarekick.mp3
Ya I like that... will have to give it another listen... maybe it just didn't suit my mix at the time... will have to make my mix better!
Old 17th September 2007
  #119
Lives for gear
 
Myriad_Rocker's Avatar
 

Any more of those "smear" editions for the 80 bones discount? heh
Old 17th September 2007
  #120
Lives for gear
 

all sold out I believe :(

Elite Mixer Snare14 kick12:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/elitemixer3.mp3

Snare1 kick2:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/stevenslate19.mp3

Snare4 Kick2:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/snare4kick2.mp3
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
YellowMatter / Product Alerts older than 2 months
770
Jake 2.0 / Drums
24
chrisjones / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
6
Bang / Work In Progress / Advice Requested / Show and Tell / Artist Showcase / Mix-Offs
7

Forum Jump
Forum Jump