The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
2 New Tritone Digital Plugins for Mac DAW Software
Old 20th August 2007
Lives for gear

Talking 2 New Tritone Digital Plugins for Mac

TriTone Digital - For The Love of Tone!

Old 20th August 2007
A33
Gear Addict

The Low Down
PulTone-FL is a recreation of a super-sweet passive program filter set. This studio classic is one of the best ways to tweak and shape tracks to create space in a mix or to create limited frequency range effects like the classic "telephone" vocal. These are simply the smoothest filters for carving your tracks into new and unique shapes!

PulTone-FL features two filter bands, one low-cut and one hi-cut. The frequencies for the low-cut are 50 Hz, 80 Hz, 100 Hz, 150 Hz, 250 Hz, 500 Hz, 750 Hz, 1 kHz, 1.5 kHz and 2 kHz. The frequencies for the hi-cut are 1.5 kHz, 2 kHz, 3 kHz, 4 kHz, 5 kHz, 6 kHz, 8 kHz, 10 kHz, 12 kHz and 15 kHz.

As if the classic unit wasn't cool enough, using a little TriTone Digital magic, we have expanded its abilities in PulTone-FL to allow each band to move between "cut" and "expand" modes. Just use the slider below each band to move between the far left position (full cut, true to the original) and the far right positions (full expand, the reverse curve of the full cut).

This unique enhancement allows PulTone-FL to act as both a super-smooth vintage filter or a uniquely silky boost EQ...or any point in-between!

As always, we have made every effort to both preserve the unique character of this amazing filter and to expand our plugin beyond the abilities of the original. All of the sweetness and smooth curves and that we love about these analog program filters are now finally available in the digital world!
Old 20th August 2007
A33
Gear Addict

The Low Down
ClassicTone-56 is a true-to-the-original recreation of one of the best sounding graphic EQs ever made. These graphic EQs are found in consoles and lunch boxes around the world and are prized for their punchiness and girth

ClassicTone-56 features 10 bands. From low to high the bands are: 31 Hz, 63 Hz, 125 Hz, 250 Hz, 500 Hz, 1 kHz, 2 kHz, 4 kHz, 8 kHz and 16 kHz. All bands are capable of 12 dB of boost or cut.

We have made every effort to preserve the unique character of this classic EQ. All of the in-your-gut-mid-punch, character and idiosyncrasies that we love about these analog EQs are now finally available in the digital world!

I am looking forward to testing these heh
Old 21st August 2007
Gear Addict

Sweeeeeet

This is great news, by the time the pc versions are out I'll have reviews of the plugs and the money to buy them after reading the good reviews.
Old 21st August 2007
I tried both.
I think I'll buy the bundle for $139...
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

Hey Jeronimo, have you tried the URS version of the 560? I am interested how they compare.
Old 22nd August 2007
Lives for gear

I really like the Classic tone 56 but its a cpu muncher on my Dual 2.5 G5
Old 22nd August 2007
Lives for gear

Annnnd they're still using Pluggo?

Pluggo = no go.

tutt
Old 22nd August 2007
t_d
Lives for gear

yes, TTD plugs are coded in max/msp i assume.. which is why they need pluggo...

no problems with pluggo for me, ever.. and i've been using the actual pluggo plugs for years since the day they came out.. likewise, the TTD plugs run smoothly, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLakis View Post
Annnnd they're still using Pluggo?

Pluggo = no go.

tutt
Old 22nd August 2007
Gear Guru

I was an early adopter of the Tritone stuff couple years back. THey showed great promise but I eventually gave up. I had a serious problems with the plugins losing there authorizations CONSTANTLY. And when this would happen all my settings would get lost. A big pita and time waster. I am all for copy protection to protect the developer but at the expense of the user, no thanks. Not to mention I couldn't even install a later update of the plugins without it crashing Nuendo. Plus the extra layer of Pluggo sucked as they would have to wait on Cycling to fix certain issues. Those plugs now sit uninstalled and unused. Plus the whole convolution trend has lost its attraction to me now.
Old 22nd August 2007
Lives for gear

wow Animus, you posted EXACTLY what i wanted to say.
i too was an early user, but no longer.
i can't figure out why... URS 560, then WAVES 560, now this.
Plus the pluggo thing, convolution, and they haven't been CPU light...
i don't think i'll even demo it.
Old 22nd August 2007
Lives for gear

What's everyones beef with Pluggo?
Old 22nd August 2007
Lives for gear

I'm with Animus... bought some of their stuff but haven't bothered to install it over the past year and a half.
Old 22nd August 2007
A33
Gear Addict

They have now changed the authorization process to fix the problems you guys are talking about
Old 22nd August 2007
Lives for gear

For me personally I think it was as much a question of getting a little bit tired with 'sound of convolution', I think. Whilst there are certain things they do well - b*llsy bass - I find that there's a staticness and a certain haze around the sound I doesn't sit well with me... It's probably just me - I've heard other guys do great things with them. To each his own and all that...
Old 22nd August 2007
Well, I never tried anything from URS 'cause I'm against the iLok thing, so I can't compare.
I liked the new ones, I didn't notice a heavy CPU hit, actually, I filled all 5 inserts on 5 tracks on DP before it started crapping out on my Macbook 2Gz Dualcore.
I didn't know about this authorization problems... this might change my plans a little.
Old 22nd August 2007
Lives for gear

The authorization problems have been solved, its true. Now its a simple serial #.
Old 22nd August 2007
Gear Maniac

Cool

i wanted to like TTD's stuff, i really did.
tried them all.
pluggo's the biggest minus.
the GUI's never update properly here.
glitchy.
also i found the sound a little opaque.
sort of hazy.
rendered files seem dirtier than they should, and this is on gentler settings.
sort of given up on them now.
dr9.
Old 22nd August 2007
Gear Addict

Same problem with GUI here. Wish I had spent my money elsewhere.
Old 22nd August 2007
Lives for gear

I demo'd the Hydratone a while back and loved it. Never got to buying it. But with all the complaints... Also all their plugs seem to be very cpu intensive.

But still, it sounded damn good.
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

Valvetone

Simple and cheap as it was, Valvetone was a technological breakthrough plug-in to my ears.

It really sounded like a piece of antique tube hardware... you could really hear and feel the phase shift and the gain-iness of it. It did not sound like a plug-in to me. Freaked me out a little bit, actually. I had previously been kinda "Plugins... meh... who needs 'em?" But Valvetone had character. It really sounded like an old-school negative-feedback weird tube EQ. I master records for a living; I've spent a lot of time with EQ. I couldn't believe it.

I like Tritone's stuff, in general. Also, I think they're cool, independent-thinking guys and I support them at a basic spiritual level. I'm not totally psyched on the pluggo structure thing, but it's really not that big a deal once it's all loaded.

The other thing I liked about Valvetone --- it was modelling a fairly obscure piece of hardware (some forgotten French EQ circuit from the 60s, I think?) as opposed to a ubiquitous studio chestnut. I wish more companies would do this: model weird stuff as opposed to the famous stuff. I like eccentric plugins. Why be normal?

Haven't had a chance to try these two new Tritone plug-ins, but I'm definitely psyched to support the company. So I'm going to buy them even before I've heard them.

Hooray for all the innovative, obsessive weirdos who make cool plug-ins! Where would we be without you?!?

And is there any question you're the future?...

-- c
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

In response to a couple of PM's, and in the interest of clarification: no, I do not generally recommend anyone use Valvetone in a mastering situation.

Although crazier things have worked, so... knock yourself out, I suppose...

- c
Old 24th August 2007
Valvetone might not be great for mastering but Angeltone is a phenomenal mastering EQ! Love the Sontec and Massive Passive bands! ColorTone Pro is great on busses, and Hydratone is great on tracks. The plugs are a bit CPU intensive but I still love the sound of them.

I'm looking forward to trying out these new plugs when they're available for PC.
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

Ive done an AB ClassicTOne 56 against the waves 560

The tritone ClassicTone 56 got slaughtered on sound and cpu usage
Old 24th August 2007
Can we hear samples???
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeronimo View Post
Can we hear samples???

What is it with everyone wanting samples these days
Both plugs have demos so samples are not needed in this case
as you can test them yourself.

Maybe someone should start a sound samples comparison company
because I for one do not have the time to post sound samples for
eveything.
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

try the decaf
no samples, fine no samples.

sad to say this, but the 'sound samples comparison' company actually seems like a reasonable idea.
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

I think I will try them but I am sooo weary of crashes and glitches and dodgy stability that if I get weird stuff happening then thats it! - I'm done with 'em.

I was waiting for Tapetone, or Compressortone, but here we are with yet another 2 EQs, I've got so many eq's now - please give us something different. Jeeeeeezzzzz.

Like I said, I'm waiting (praying) for a Waves Tape emulation plug...
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl516 View Post
try the decaf
no samples, fine no samples.

sad to say this, but the 'sound samples comparison' company actually seems like a reasonable idea.

There is no way Im giving up my Lavazza

Can anyone post some sound samples of the ClassicTone 56 and URS
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

Jeronimo, my friend it is time to buy an ilok. Seriously. Do your audio a favor. So many good plugs that are ilok only (plus for some reason they are all soooooo stable), once you dive in, you'll be glad you did.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search