The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Kenny's Loopy Song Starters DAW Software
Old 17th August 2007
Gear Guru

Kenny's Loopy Song Starters

I just wanted to announce my brand new drum rex loop library.

I designed it to be Inspirational for both Production and Song writing.

400 Original REX2 or WAV files 24bit Stereo.

Check it out.

Thanks.
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

They sound sweet and rex files included thats great! i think i will pick up a "download" good pricetag too
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

Well hey man, you're really the self-starter in this sample-cd racket. heh

Sounds like real air, but then I'm easy to fool. Mind if I ask how you recorded these? (Or did you? )

They sound great. Funkier and vibier than the "slightly overproduced" set.

I've already picked up a copy.

Cheers.

Old 22nd August 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty Planet View Post
Well hey man, you're really the self-starter in this sample-cd racket. heh

Sounds like real air, but then I'm easy to fool. Mind if I ask how you recorded these? (Or did you? )

They sound great. Funkier and vibier than the "slightly overproduced" set.

I've already picked up a copy.

Cheers.

Yeah. It's meant to be the total opposite of the "slightly overproduced" set.

I made it to inspire me to write more.

Real air? Well. Yeah. It's a real kit. 1/3 of the library is real kit, 1/3 is real kit with samples (non-realistic) and percussion on top, and the last 1/3 is just programmed from scratch.

Thanks.
Old 7th September 2007
Gear Guru

I'd like to thank everyone for their orders.

I had a slight delay with the shipping of the DVD orders recently due to my shaky mail filtering. All should be figured out now.

All shipped orders went out today.

Once again, Thanks.
Old 7th September 2007
Gear Head

Kenny, thanks for telling me about the REX file sync thing in pro tools 7! I had used REX loops in reason but the fact that protools will automatically sync these loops to the bpm of the session is something that I did not pay attention to... til now. These make starting a demo of a tune super easy and they sound great. I have already used a few in tracks where things are still being figured out. Nice to be able to stretch real drummer drums to fit the new tempo. A LOT easier on my cpu than trying to run DFH drums in a session!

robert furlong
Old 7th September 2007
Gear Guru

Yeah. It's amazing to me how few people realize how easy it is to use REX files in PT7.

Huge timesaver being able to use TDM plugins right away on a loop.

And don't forget about the ability to use Region groups in tick mode.

thx
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Produceher View Post
Yeah. It's amazing to me how few people realize how easy it is to use REX files in PT7.
I've never used REX files. Keen for you to show me why i should.
Tutorial vid soon?
Old 7th September 2007
Gear Maniac

He already has one done. You can check it out hear :Pro Tools Tips and Tricks w/Kenny Gioia :: Groovebox Corp.

It's Great!!!!
Old 22nd September 2007
Gear Nut

I went into Starbucks yesterday, and the coffee of the day reminded me to buy Kenny's loopy song starters. I think there's something wrong with me.
Attached Thumbnails
Kenny's Loopy Song Starters-joya.jpg  
Old 22nd September 2007
Gear Maniac

''Yeah. It's amazing to me how few people realize how easy it is to use REX files in PT7''.

Please explain! What are REX files I've never used Rex files..?!

Amstel
Old 22nd September 2007
Gear Guru

A rex file is basically an audio file that is cut into very small pieces (one per attack) and then put back together using midi information to trigger each slice. So you can move each slice closer together or further apart and it will play back faster or slower but still sound pretty good because none of the attacks have been stretched or squished. Just the space between them. Your software also adds crossfades between those spaces.

The rex file doesn't need to be quantized either. It can retain your original feel. Most of my loops were not quantized but by quantizing the midi data, it can be. It also can be shifted to match other loops (quantized or not) for matching feels. You can also re-adjust or add or remove swing from the loops.

The other benefit is that you can actually change the midi data to play a completely different pattern. If you don't like the snare on the 2, just move a Hi Hat or Kick there. It's almost completely adjustable but retains the sounds of the original.

Enjoy.
Old 22nd September 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratgirl View Post
I went into Starbucks yesterday, and the coffee of the day reminded me to buy Kenny's loopy song starters. I think there's something wrong with me.
Nah. I think about me all the time too. Nothing wrong with it. heh
Old 26th September 2007
Lives for gear

Loving the loop rex files.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search