dSONIQ updates Realphones to v1.5 - headphone correction and virtual control room plugin - Page 33 - Gearslutz
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
dSONIQ updates Realphones to v1.5 - headphone correction and virtual control room plugin
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Ok. That makes sense.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Just bought Realphones after testing it with my VSX Headphones..
Nice addition to the Slate Software..

BTW, atm Realphones is 50% off with code LOVEMUSIC
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Using Sonarworks and Realphones together works great. Love the accuracy with Ath 50’s. Colored phones so having a dry flatline is great and translates well to speakers.
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Tried to use the code "lovemusic" on the website, it's still Feb 14 and the code says expired. I'm trying my best to give them my money, lol.
dSONIQ

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by briefcasemanx ➑️
Tried to use the code "lovemusic" on the website, it's still Feb 14 and the code says expired. I'm trying my best to give them my money, lol.
Dear @ briefcasemanx , the coupon has expired, but we prolonged it for you and your love of music)
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Cool, thanks. Bought.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dSONIQ ➑️
Dear @ thermos , we've added LCD-4z profile.
Just wanted to let you know that the LCD-4Z profile sounds great! This is the best eq correction available for these headphones that I've found (Sonarworks is TERRIBLE, and Reveal is too upper mid shy). Great job!
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Any plans to support the Focal Elear or Elex?
Here for the gear

I've been testing the demo of the plugin for a few days, I love it! The plugin is in reduction on Plugin Boutique but I still hesitate to take it because it's difficult to know what will be the support to add new headphone profile ?
(like the TMA-2 HD among others)
we don't get too many indications from the developer
Old 2 weeks ago
dSONIQ

🎧 10 years
Realphones 1.6 brief tutorial.

dSONIQ

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by thermos ➑️
Just wanted to let you know that the LCD-4Z profile sounds great! This is the best eq correction available for these headphones that I've found (Sonarworks is TERRIBLE, and Reveal is too upper mid shy). Great job!
Unfortunately, we cannot fulfill every request for adding models standard correction. We add the most frequently requested headphones.
By the way, we can measure every unit which is sent to us for individual correction (and this gives better sound than standard profile).

Currently, we plan to add AKG K371 profile and clarify the data for Austrian Audio Hi-X55 by the end of a week.

Regarding AIAIAI TMA-2
There are so many modifications under this index, which have different designs and different sounds, that it is not clear which model we can add to make it make any practical sense. AIAIAI are not popular in Russia, this creates additional obstacles.

@ thermos , you can use Realphones Lite if you see any benefit and get upgrate to Pro when you get supported headphones or your model will be added to support list.

Last edited by dSONIQ; 2 weeks ago at 11:28 AM..
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
what's the best way to set this up in ableton so I don't have to manually disable it when I export tracks?
Here for the gear

I was thinking of the one in particular that has been reviewed here:
https://fr.audiofanzine.com/casque-s...-tma-2-hd.html

But I understand the difficulty
thank you for the answer
Old 1 week ago
dSONIQ

🎧 10 years
AKG K371 profile is added.

Also Austrian Audio Hi-X55 is updated

Last edited by dSONIQ; 1 week ago at 11:06 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Still have plans to add the Sony WH-1000XM3?
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
dSONIQ

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyflip ➑️
Still have plans to add the Sony WH-1000XM3?
Plans for Sony WH-1000XM3 are not clear now. this question probably may give extra chance for them. They're quite popular among user requests, but there is also newer model Sony WH-1000XM4.
dSONIQ

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by yllet ➑️
Any plans for Ollo audio s4x ?
Currently, Ollo S4x are on our shortlist. We hope we can add them in a few weeks.
dSONIQ

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by macubex ➑️
Tried the demo, love it and bought my license. Working ridiculously good with my K702 at home, will try Realphones on K812 and HD800 at work when the pandemic is over.

And here are two questions:

1. Do you guys have plans to support some discontinued ancient headphone models say K240DF etc. ?
2. Sometimes 1031 sounds even "bigger" than main ATC emulation, please add some gain-match directly in presets maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Cent ➑️
Has anybody had the chance to compare a AKG K812 with a DT1990? I have the AKG in my arsenal. From the frequency plots and the way the 1990 is described here, they could be very similar
We've just added AKG K872 and we will add AKG K812 by the end of a month.
K812 are closer to Sennheiser HD800 in terms of resolution and spatial impression than Beyerdynamic DT 1990. They're less rocking than 1990 but airier, clearer and more gentle.

Regarding gain matching. In Realphones you can gain match snapshots if you deselect Output Control in the Lock Parameters snapshot menu
Here for the gear

Quote:
Currently, Ollo S4x are on our shortlist. We hope we can add them in a few weeks.
Nice that may tempt me to try this myself
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
In a similar vein of ultra neutral headphones: any plans to add the Avantone Planar?
Old 1 week ago
dSONIQ

🎧 10 years
AKG K812 Added.
Also updated graphs https://www.dsoniq.com/headphone_fre...ponse_database

Comparison of frequency responses. The personal impression of corrected AKG K812: highly positive. A good combination of precise, punchy, clear, spatial and airy sound.

Old 6 days ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
The peak on that K812 curve makes my ears cringe.
Old 1 day ago | Show parent
dSONIQ

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by collinsylex ➑️
Speaking of Audeze, I would be very happy to see LCD-2C open backs added to the list of supported headphones... They are the lowest priced / most accessible of all the big boy Audeze. I've had them for a while now but haven't really been able to put them to work (turns out that i'm not a fan of Sonarworks for headphones)

I'm actually surprised that they aren't in the supported list already.. There was never any custom curves made for LCD-2C?
@ collinsylex , Audeze LCD-2 Classic will be added soon
Old 1 day ago
dSONIQ

🎧 10 years
Please check the new article on GS about Realphones)

dSONIQ Realphones: mixing with headphones reimagined
Old 1 day ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
@ collinsylex , Audeze LCD-2 Classic will be added soon
Very nice! I'm looking forward to it
πŸ“ Reply