LiquidSonics Introduces Reverberate 3 - Page 7 - Gearslutz
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
LiquidSonics Introduces Reverberate 3
Old 26th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Sorry for the noob question, but on what gear are based the Fusion-IR packs that come with Reverberate ?
I understand one is the M7 Bricasti, but what are the others ?

I guess there are some natural spaces in these packs.
Any feedback about them (quality, types, diversity) ?

It's strange there's not much info about it on the net - and specially on the Liquidsonics site...
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Would be nice to find out, probably just his own samples tweaked so much that they wouldn’t be too similar to the originals.

Last edited by baslotto; 26th November 2020 at 08:30 PM..
Old 26th November 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
From what I understand, the 480L, 224XL, and M7.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragan View Post
I just wanted to grab a handful of individual libraries and was waiting for a sale to be my excuse to do that.
We will do it Tomorrow
Cheers
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Grabbed it as i got it down to 43,- with coupons for other reverbs. what a great decision. Awesome reverb! Sounds natural and tweakability is top notch.
Old 27th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by theXbucket View Post
Grabbed it as i got it down to 43,- with coupons for other reverbs. what a great decision. Awesome reverb! Sounds natural and tweakability is top notch.
Good deal well worth the price!
Old 27th November 2020
Lives for gear

It may be BLASPHEMOUS,

I cancelled a bricasti order because I REALLY REALLY L O V E this reverb.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastToFuture View Post
We will do it Tomorrow
Cheers
This doesn't appear to have happened? I don't see a sale on individual libraries/packs?

I'll stop clogging the Reverberate 3 thread with PTF stuff. In fairness, it's Reverberate 3's awesomeness that's wholly responsible for my newfound love of cool IRs.
Old 27th November 2020
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
This works with a normal ilok account, right? I mean no dongle or cloud session.
Lives for gear

Quote:
This doesn't appear to have happened? I don't see a sale on individual libraries/packs?

I'll stop clogging the Reverberate 3 thread with PTF stuff. In fairness, it's Reverberate 3's awesomeness that's wholly responsible for my newfound love of cool IRs.
I received an email from them saying people who bought an earlier bundle this year should contact them about a discount.
Lives for gear

Quote:

Please give us some more time it will happen soon
Old 27th November 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
OK, can anyone help me here? Please explain to me like I was a 5 year old kid, a bit emotional, and definitely mentally challenged.

Is it possible to import a whole folder of IRs in a click?
I have 3 folders of IRs I bought decades ago from Acousticas, they are divided in subfolders with all the IRs and their names.
Do I have to save IR after IR x 5000 or is there a quick way to save 1 big folder at time, like I see the Factory ones in the top right menu?

Thank you for any help
Old 28th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by baslotto View Post
OK, can anyone help me here? Please explain to me like I was a 5 year old kid, a bit emotional, and definitely mentally challenged.

Is it possible to import a whole folder of IRs in a click?
I have 3 folders of IRs I bought decades ago from Acousticas, they are divided in subfolders with all the IRs and their names.
Do I have to save IR after IR x 5000 or is there a quick way to save 1 big folder at time, like I see the Factory ones in the top right menu?

Thank you for any help
If you go to the bottom tab File Browser and then click on that upside down triangle beside IR1 IR 2 there is a menu. Go to location>bookmark and chose your folder.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Thank you Mubemol!
Gear Addict

Got this last night and I am loving it.

The included Bricasti and Lexicon packs are amazing.

The standard spaces that come with are excellent too. Love the chambers and rooms in particular.

I am not a big IR collector...but may have to change that!
Old 28th November 2020
It's the first Liquidsonics product I have bought (an update from version 2, for me) and I'm really happy with it! Very complete and versatile. I'm beginning to explore tons of IRs, too! A very long, but very interesting and inspiring process.
Old 29th November 2020
Lives for gear

Hi,

If my project was recorded at 88.2Khz, should i use IR at 44.1Khz or 96Khz?

Best,
Daniel.
Old 29th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielbest1 View Post
Hi,

If my project was recorded at 88.2Khz, should i use IR at 44.1Khz or 96Khz?

Best,
Daniel.
96k. The only reason to download the 44.1 files is if that is the only sample rate you work at.
Old 30th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsterinn View Post
96k. The only reason to download the 44.1 files is if that is the only sample rate you work at.
Thanks,

Daniel.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Wow.
Just bought, and played a bit with it, mainly with the Bricasti Fusion-IRs : impressive indeed !

I still have some question to some long time users of the beast.

- Someone answered me before regarding the origins of the Fusion-IR banks (FS-24x being 224XL and FS-48 being 480l) but I still don't find the origin of the FS-1.

- Could you recommend some very good quality IR libraries (paid or free) ?

- Is there a way to save a preset made of 2 different IR and many tweaks ?
It seems there is no way to do this in the reverberate GUI, so I could use some Ableton Live tricks, but I find it very odd...
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calagan View Post
Wow.
Just bought, and played a bit with it, mainly with the Bricasti Fusion-IRs : impressive indeed !

I still have some question to some long time users of the beast.

- Someone answered me before regarding the origins of the Fusion-IR banks (FS-24x being 224XL and FS-48 being 480l) but I still don't find the origin of the FS-1.

- Could you recommend some very good quality IR libraries (paid or free) ?

- Is there a way to save a preset made of 2 different IR and many tweaks ?
It seems there is no way to do this in the reverberate GUI, so I could use some Ableton Live tricks, but I find it very odd...
We have one of the best and the largest IR's libraries out there

www.gumroad.com/pasttofuturereverbs
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastToFuture View Post
We have one of the best and the largest IR's libraries out there

www.gumroad.com/pasttofuturereverbs
I'll take a look...
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I'll take a look...
Really worth it, i bought the summer bundle and in Reverberate, the way you could mix different reverbs (flavours) is quite unique.

Now saving money to buy Reverberate 3!
Old 30th November 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
It's quite odd to you don't have any way to classificate your IRs in Reverberate.
It could be great to have a system of tags that could cross the bank categories - like "drums", "ambiances", "natural", "unnatural", "voice"...

Actually, there's a huge quantity of IRs in this plugin, and they sound crazily good (better than what I had in Reflektor).
But it will take ages for me to know the sound of everything and be able to choose and navigate in it easily. Specially that the presets names don't always help.
A tag system, and a preset or snapshot system that let the user save its combinations of IRs and FX tweaks could help to master the beast...
Or maybe I'm missing something...
Old 4th December 2020 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
some presets from the Fusion packs don't seem to support the reverb control fusion tab?

Hi,

I'm demoing SH pro and Reverberate 3 at the moment. SH pro is understood and works as expected.

I'm new to IR reverbs and have two questions:
1) browsing through the 3 Fusion packs that come with Reverberate 3 I found that many presets are not set to reverb control 'Fusion' and when I switch to Fusion the visible wave disappears...
Is this observation correct?
Why?... I thought these Fusion m7,224, 480 packs had all access to the Fusion functionality...

2) IR reverb beginner quesiton: How do I set a reverb 'time/decay' paramater with Fusion or normal IR presets in Reverberate.... like in algorithmic reverbs? Is there an equivalent or do I just live with the sampled default length?

Thanks in advance
Company Rep

🎧 10 years
Quote:
A tag system, and a preset or snapshot system that let the user save its combinations of IRs and FX tweaks could help to master the beast...
I generally agree, but presented with the choice of overhauling the presets management system and breaking backwards compatibility for 10 years of Reverberate 1/2 users vs improving presets management capability for the next generation I went for the former because I know in time Reverberate 1/2 will begin to stop working as operating systems and plug-in formats march on and gradually break the old versions. Always a difficult decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearsuser View Post
1) browsing through the 3 Fusion packs that come with Reverberate 3 I found that many presets are not set to reverb control 'Fusion' and when I switch to Fusion the visible wave disappears...
Is this observation correct?
Why?... I thought these Fusion m7,224, 480 packs had all access to the Fusion functionality...
Thanks in advance
Some of the reverb algorithms in the expansion packs are static, Fusion-IR is still useful for those if there are separate early reflections and late reverb components. Some however are static and also don't use any early reflections at all, in those case a traditional capture will suffice. I don't use a Fusion-IR capture process where it's not necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearsuser View Post
2) IR reverb beginner quesiton: How do I set a reverb 'time/decay' paramater with Fusion or normal IR presets in Reverberate.... like in algorithmic reverbs? Is there an equivalent or do I just live with the sampled default length?
You'd usually achieve this with envelopes in a convolution reverb. Some convolution reverbs like VerbSuite Classics do have a decay dial that reads out in RT60 seconds and behaves more traditionally, but it really requires a curated library where you can test every sample works well with it and adjust sample captures accordingly. This is because that sort of a control can screw up the results easily if the reverbs do not have an exponential decay curve and/or are not post-processed very well (e.g. they have too much noise in the tail that hasn't been tapered away), and other various problems that I just can't defend against in the wild west of publicly available IR libraries that would produce a poor user experience in a general purpose product.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsonics View Post
I generally agree, but presented with the choice of overhauling the presets management system and breaking backwards compatibility for 10 years of Reverberate 1/2 users vs improving presets management capability for the next generation I went for the former because I know in time Reverberate 1/2 will begin to stop working as operating systems and plug-in formats march on and gradually break the old versions. Always a difficult decision.
Hi Matt, and thanks a lot for your answer.
I can perfectly understand the choice of not breaking backward compatibility. And (because I don't know nothing about coding plugins) I don't know the kind of time and work involved in creating a backward compatible preset system.
But at the same time, my point was that to me the preset system is quite difficult to use (at the moment, I still didn't figure exactly how to create my own presets) and doesn't look exactly like a preset system.
EDIT : I know about the manual. I just find the procedure described there very "convoluted" (sorry for the joke) and not practical at all.

The most confusing is that a convolution reverb is of course based on IRs, but to me the Reverberate folder system doesn't seem to make any difference between an IR and a preset (but maybe I'm missing something).
IMHO, the best way would be a file management system where you could load an IR located in a bank, and then save your tweaks of this IR in a preset.
So you would have two folders/banks : IRs and presets.
Specially than in Reverberate, you can load 2 different IRs in the same preset, but the whole bank folder and recalling presets system is still organized around what I see as IRs.

Anyway, I'm amazed by the sound quality of your plugin, and this is the most important (even if workflow is important too).
Maybe it's just a way of thinking I'm not accustomed to (or I didn't understand yet).
Gear Nut

Quote:
I can perfectly understand the choice of not breaking backward compatibility. And (because I don't know nothing about coding plugins) I don't know the kind of time and work involved in creating a backward compatible preset system.
But at the same time, my point was that to me the preset system is quite difficult to use (at the moment, I still didn't figure exactly how to create my own presets) and doesn't look exactly like a preset system.
EDIT : I know about the manual. I just find the procedure described there very "convoluted" (sorry for the joke) and not practical at all.

The most confusing is that a convolution reverb is of course based on IRs, but to me the Reverberate folder system doesn't seem to make any difference between an IR and a preset (but maybe I'm missing something).
IMHO, the best way would be a file management system where you could load an IR located in a bank, and then save your tweaks of this IR in a preset.
Specially than in Reverberate, you can load 2 different IRs in the same preset, but the whole bank folder and recalling presets system is still organized around what I see as IRs.

Anyway, I'm amazed by the sound quality of your plugin, and this is the most important (even if workflow is important too).
Maybe it's just a way of thinking I'm not accustomed to (or I didn't understand yet).
The easiest way for me has been to organise folders in the OS for IR's, then bookmark them in Reverberate.

If you want presets then you'll have to create user banks.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:

I’m not sure about other DAWs but in Pro Tools, it’s the DAW that typically handles presets. The window that any plugin is housed in has a preset saving menu at the top so, regardless of anything within the plug itself, you can save a preset. Some plugins also come with their own internal preset navigation but not most. I can’t remember what DAW you said you were using but maybe check if that’s an option for you?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
I’m not sure about other DAWs but in Pro Tools, it’s the DAW that typically handles presets
In R3 the preset system is built into the plugin - it's pretty straightforward to use....actually it's better than most
📝 Reply