The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Shape your plate by taking control over character & movement with the denise Perfect Plate and XL
Old 2nd October 2020
  #1
Gear Maniac
 
Denise.Audio's Avatar
 

Shape your plate by taking control over character & movement with the denise Perfect Plate and XL

Shape your perfect plate by taking control over character & movement, with the denise Perfect Plate and Perfect Plate XL plugins.



The TXVerb™ technology that drives the Perfect Room - a plugin many engineers regard to be the best sounding natural reverb - is also at the base of denise’s newest plugin, the Perfect Plate. The denise team believes that being able to take creative control over a plate reverbs temper, character and movement gives you the ability to design your perfect plate reverb.

“I need to say ‘WOOOOW’ that's a masterpiece right there! What an impressive Plate, I love the quality right away ...” - Nico Astegiano Producer/Content Creator

The denise Perfect Plate gives you control over 5 aspects to shape your plate sound. The plugin is great for users who simply require a lush and great sounding plate:
  • How quickly the plate vibrates by setting the speed of the dampening curve.
  • How long the plate vibrates by setting the tail length.
  • How long it takes for the plate to react to the incoming signal with the pre-delay time.
  • How much space the plate takes in the stereo field by setting the split and width features.
  • How crazy the plate sounds by setting different creative effects that control character and movement.

With these features you can create a lush and rich vintage vocal plate: dark sounding, with a long tail and slow dampening. Or the perfect big rock drum sound: bright, with a short tail and fast dampening. Get really creative by combining the reverb’s plate features with the two built-in effects: Use for example the detune to create a unique detuning effect similar to the one produced by analog tape devices, giving your reverb an extra vintage flavour.


The Perfect Plate highlights:
  • Creative control over the plate’s coloration, character and movement, with the 5 aspects that determine a plate’s sound.
  • Control over the plate’s damping curve over time.
  • Larger than life mono –> stereo: Create a wide stereo reverb from a mono source without any phase issues.
  • Detune and Ducker: control the lofi and vintage quality and impact in the mix
  • Resizable GUI & Catalina support
  • Perfect for external FX: Used on a bus, you can combine the Perfect Plate with all kinds of effects to create character and excitement.
  • TXVerb™ reverb technology: Unique algorithm that enhances natural character & coloration.

The XL version extends the sound design capabilities by adding an EQ graph, control of the damping slope and creative effects specifically tailored for this reverb. The Perfect Plate XL highlights:
  • Creative control over the plate’s character and movement, with the 5 aspects that determine a plate’s sound.
  • Control over the plate’s damping curve over time.
  • Larger than life mono to stereo: Create a wide stereo reverb from a mono source without any phase issues.
  • Rotator and Ducker: create movement by ducking and combining host-synced vibrato, tremolo, filtering and panning effects.
  • Resonator: lets you inject metallic imperfections, build cinematic & SciFi effects or turn any audio source into a synth.
  • Detune and Saturation: control the lofi and vintage quality
  • Resizable GUI & Catalina support
  • Perfect for external FX: Used on a bus, you can combine the Perfect Plate with all kinds of effects to create character and excitement.
  • TXVerb™ reverb technology: Unique algorithm that enhances natural character & coloration.
  • EQ graph: Adjust the reverb's colour by shaping its frequencies and resonances in the built-in EQ graph.



Grab your copy of Perfect Plate or Plate XL now for a limited introductory price of €39 ($38/£29/¥3,955) for the basic and €79 ($76/£56/¥8,013) for the XL until 6 November. Euro prices include vat, and both plugins are €49 and €99 on full price.

Grab your copy: https://www.denise.io/store/denise/PerfectPlate
Old 2nd October 2020
  #2
Lives for gear
 

Are you ever intending to fix the issues in your other plugins such as Perfect Room?
Old 3rd October 2020 | Show parent
  #3
Lives for gear
 
doom64's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
Are you ever intending to fix the issues in your other plugins such as Perfect Room?
Which issues?
Old 3rd October 2020 | Show parent
  #4
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
Which issues?
It's all been listed over in that thread.
Old 3rd October 2020 | Show parent
  #5
Lives for gear
 
doom64's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
It's all been listed over in that thread.
Ahh it's been many months. I am surprised there are still major issues now that Autumn is here.
Old 3rd October 2020 | Show parent
  #6
Gear Maniac
 
Denise.Audio's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
Are you ever intending to fix the issues in your other plugins such as Perfect Room?
Hey Neptune 45,

thanks for your question.

We released updates to both the God Mode and Perfect Room over the summer which solved the major bugs present in the plugins

Please read more about the updates under changelog on the dedicated plugin pages.

https://www.denise.io/store/denise/GodMode
https://www.denise.io/store/denise/PerfectRoom

You can download the latest version from your library.

I hope that answers your question.

Best,
Joe
Old 3rd October 2020
  #7
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise.Audio View Post
Shape your perfect plate by taking control over character & movement, with the denise Perfect Plate and Perfect Plate XL plugins.



The TXVerb™ technology that drives the Perfect Room - a plugin many engineers regard to be the best sounding natural reverb - is also at the base of denise’s newest plugin, the Perfect Plate. The denise team believes that being able to take creative control over a plate reverbs temper, character and movement gives you the ability to design your perfect plate reverb.

“I need to say ‘WOOOOW’ that's a masterpiece right there! What an impressive Plate, I love the quality right away ...” - Nico Astegiano Producer/Content Creator

The denise Perfect Plate gives you control over 5 aspects to shape your plate sound. The plugin is great for users who simply require a lush and great sounding plate:
  • How quickly the plate vibrates by setting the speed of the dampening curve.
  • How long the plate vibrates by setting the tail length.
  • How long it takes for the plate to react to the incoming signal with the pre-delay time.
  • How much space the plate takes in the stereo field by setting the split and width features.
  • How crazy the plate sounds by setting different creative effects that control character and movement.

With these features you can create a lush and rich vintage vocal plate: dark sounding, with a long tail and slow dampening. Or the perfect big rock drum sound: bright, with a short tail and fast dampening. Get really creative by combining the reverb’s plate features with the two built-in effects: Use for example the detune to create a unique detuning effect similar to the one produced by analog tape devices, giving your reverb an extra vintage flavour.


The Perfect Plate highlights:
  • Creative control over the plate’s coloration, character and movement, with the 5 aspects that determine a plate’s sound.
  • Control over the plate’s damping curve over time.
  • Larger than life mono –> stereo: Create a wide stereo reverb from a mono source without any phase issues.
  • Detune and Ducker: control the lofi and vintage quality and impact in the mix
  • Resizable GUI & Catalina support
  • Perfect for external FX: Used on a bus, you can combine the Perfect Plate with all kinds of effects to create character and excitement.
  • TXVerb™ reverb technology: Unique algorithm that enhances natural character & coloration.

The XL version extends the sound design capabilities by adding an EQ graph, control of the damping slope and creative effects specifically tailored for this reverb. The Perfect Plate XL highlights:
  • Creative control over the plate’s character and movement, with the 5 aspects that determine a plate’s sound.
  • Control over the plate’s damping curve over time.
  • Larger than life mono to stereo: Create a wide stereo reverb from a mono source without any phase issues.
  • Rotator and Ducker: create movement by ducking and combining host-synced vibrato, tremolo, filtering and panning effects.
  • Resonator: lets you inject metallic imperfections, build cinematic & SciFi effects or turn any audio source into a synth.
  • Detune and Saturation: control the lofi and vintage quality
  • Resizable GUI & Catalina support
  • Perfect for external FX: Used on a bus, you can combine the Perfect Plate with all kinds of effects to create character and excitement.
  • TXVerb™ reverb technology: Unique algorithm that enhances natural character & coloration.
  • EQ graph: Adjust the reverb's colour by shaping its frequencies and resonances in the built-in EQ graph.



Grab your copy of Perfect Plate or Plate XL now for a limited introductory price of €39 ($38/£29/¥3,955) for the basic and €79 ($76/£56/¥8,013) for the XL until 6 November. Euro prices include vat, and both plugins are €49 and €99 on full price.

Grab your copy: https://www.denise.io/store/denise/PerfectPlate
Any additional discounts for owners who have previous plugins?
Old 3rd October 2020 | Show parent
  #8
Lives for gear
 
Arionas's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayt0n View Post
Any additional discounts for owners who have previous plugins?
Following
Old 3rd October 2020 | Show parent
  #9
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise.Audio View Post
Hey Neptune 45,

thanks for your question.

We released updates to both the God Mode and Perfect Room over the summer which solved the major bugs present in the plugins

Please read more about the updates under changelog on the dedicated plugin pages.

https://www.denise.io/store/denise/GodMode
https://www.denise.io/store/denise/PerfectRoom

You can download the latest version from your library.

I hope that answers your question.

Best,
Joe


Here's a hot take, take it or leave it:

I was not impressed with how the Perfect Room situation was handled. It took so long to fix Perfect Room I just abandoned it. along with the rest of your plugs. The process was completely opaque...although you did send me a test build, you completely ignored my (solicited!!) feedback and did not acknowledge my feature request for fixing Perfect Room that I mentioned 4-5 times, no sign you'd even read it or understood it.

As a new plugin company, you had a blank slate with which to communicate and interact with your users and establish what would be useful and what we want. Sure, communication over text instead of speaking can miss context, but I can't help feeling through these interactions that Denise is extremely self-righteous and again, opaque. Telling me I'm an edge case for setting short reverb times with a plugin called "Perfect Room"? Huh?

There are so many options for plugins in 2020. You HAVE to be transparent and interactive with your users or you will not be long for this market. You're making tools for us. Waves listens and responds to me, Plugin Alliance listens and responds to me...even Avid's tech support has been excellent for me (the problems in that company are in the C-suite.) These are all bigger companies that on paper shouldn't be as nimble and changable as Denise, yet here we are.

A shame, because I love the sounds I was able to acheive with your plugs but it's not worth the trouble and I question Denise's long-term viability.

edit: more is coming back to me
Denise did offer me a refund at the time when the bug was discovered. I refused it because I wanted to support a new developer making wicked sounding plugs.

Also, my feature request that wasn't acknowledged and why this annoyed me: it's one thing to come back to me with "this is not the vision we have for the product" or "it won't work for X reason" and continue the dialog, but silence is deafening.

edit II: maybe i'm being unfair, hence the "hot take" disclaimer

Last edited by Teej; 3rd October 2020 at 06:22 PM..
Old 3rd October 2020
  #10
Gear Guru
Nice way to crap over a new product thread about an innovative product and a good new company.....
Old 3rd October 2020 | Show parent
  #11
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayt0n View Post
Any additional discounts for owners who have previous plugins?
For some reason I remember getting an email saying Perfect Room owners would indeed get a discount when teasing this release a few weeks ago but alas that email is now long deleted so I can't check whether my mind was playing tricks !
Old 3rd October 2020 | Show parent
  #12
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbpete View Post
For some reason I remember getting an email saying Perfect Room owners would indeed get a discount when teasing this release a few weeks ago but alas that email is now long deleted so I can't check whether my mind was playing tricks !
I own Perfect Room and never even got an email about anything. I was expecting an additional small discount for owners of Perfect Room, but when I logged in my account to check, no additional discounts. Not sure I want to pick this up at the current intro price. But an additional discount or say 10-15$ would probably sway my vote and just make me purchase it.
Old 3rd October 2020 | Show parent
  #13
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis View Post
Nice way to crap over a new product thread about an innovative product and a good new company.....
For sure, hence my disclaimers. I just had not such a great experience with this company and have sessions that are unrecallable due to it. I also think they really missed the boat on making a flexible, unique and incredible sounding reverb and sound-design tool, but that's water under the bridge now. YMMV but I don't use their products anymore. When they first hit I was recommending them to colleagues.

I find the whole situation sad because there's a lot of potential there but I don't have time to screw around with a borked product that a) was unrecallable and took months to fix and b) now is recallable, doesn't sound anywhere near as cool as before. There are mixes of my own music that I literally cannot recall or tweak at all due to this, the bounces I made at the time are all I have and will ever have thanks to these guys. Thankfully at the time I had only used Perfect Room on one mix for one paying client before realising the show-stopping bug.

Yes I'm butt-hurt and it's all just my opinion, this is a forum afterall. They don't care about what I think anyway, so why should you? Hey at least I'm not doing the usual GS thing of asking for a discount on an already discounted new product...

Last edited by Teej; 3rd October 2020 at 09:50 PM..
Old 4th October 2020 | Show parent
  #14
GBP
Gear Addict
 

[QUOTE=Teej;15015330]
Telling me I'm an edge case for setting short reverb times with a plugin called "Perfect Room"? Huh? /QUOTE]

Ahh bless your cotton socks, I think this was lost in translation somewhere with this technical term, that may have looked like they were calling you a “head case”

“An edge case is a problem or situation that occurs only at an extreme (maximum or minimum) operating parameter. For example, a stereo speaker might noticeably distort audio when played at maximum volume, even in the absence of any other extreme setting or condition.

An edge case can be expected or unexpected “ ( kindly plagiarised from Wikipedia)

Hope that clarifies something.....
Old 7th October 2020
  #15
Gear Maniac
 
Denise.Audio's Avatar
 

Hi all,

I was hoping to be able to show off some positive reactions to the Perfect Plate XL, for some great producers and YouTubers like MixBusTV.

So here it is:



Best,
Joe
Old 7th October 2020
  #16
Lives for gear
 
nichttuntun's Avatar
 

Yes, a discount for (maybe still disappointed) Perfect Room and Godmode owners would be great.

This is said on the Webpage:
"Bundle up: Besides a free Slappy, get 10% extra off when you buy two plugins, and 20% off when you buy three or more."

As a result:
Imo this is a disadvantage*** for longer-time customers who already have bought the 2 other interesting plugins. So I think previous owner of GM and PR should also get 20% further discount for the 79€ tag.

I think those people could have a hard time spending another 79€ (intro price for XL), not to mention 99€ (regular price for XL) again right at the release of a new plugin. A discount would be a good motivation to further support a younger dev-studio, which made some mistakes in the past but also seems to care for it, at least to a certain degree.

Perfect Plate is re-sizable right from the start and there have been updates for the first 2 plugins (still not 100% finished). This is a good starting point imo.
Cheers


***the disadvantage doubles even for those people cause they had the troubles of having to deal with bugs in GM and PR, newer buyers only will have in a less affected way now.
Old 7th October 2020 | Show parent
  #17
Gear Maniac
 
UltraByte's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis View Post
Nice way to crap over a new product thread about an innovative product and a good new company.....
imho its important feedback. a new product thread shouldnt be a paid advertisement slot but also incorporate user feedback including experiences with the company, if there is something noteworthy to share and not pointless bashing.

Teej has a lot of posts (and detailed comparisons) in the perfect verb thread which very clearly showcase the behavior and the inability to recall session in a consistent manner depending on the reverb length. This is not an "edge case" and may indeed alter your expectations regarding further products and what to possibly expect.

I was happy about the information as i prefer having tools that work. Always. It saves time and money.
Old 7th October 2020 | Show parent
  #18
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraByte View Post
imho its important feedback. a new product thread shouldnt be a paid advertisement slot but also incorporate user feedback including experiences with the company, if there is something noteworthy to share and not pointless bashing.

Teej has a lot of posts (and detailed comparisons) in the perfect verb thread which very clearly showcase the behavior and the inability to recall session in a consistent manner depending on the reverb length. This is not an "edge case" and may indeed alter your expectations regarding further products and what to possibly expect.

I was happy about the information as i prefer having tools that work. Always. It saves time and money.
Although it should be made clear they have "fixed" Perfect Room version 1.1 onwards. The plugin will recall consistently now. Caveats:
a) I don't think it sounds as good as before.
b) I didn't like the way the company handled it and their general vibe. (too cool for school )
c) The way it recalls may or may not sound good in sessions from before the fix, but sessions from before the fix would recall completely differently every time anyway so it's an improvement in that regard.

YMMV, just too many red flags for me.

edit: if Denise DOES feel like going to school, this reply from NI regarding Guitar Rig 6 impressed the heck out of me. Five big updates from Native Instruments

People whine about NI all the time, maybe with or without good reason, but that response is about as classy as it gets.
Old 7th October 2020 | Show parent
  #19
Gear Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraByte View Post
imho its important feedback. a new product thread shouldnt be a paid advertisement slot but also incorporate user feedback including experiences with the company, if there is something noteworthy to share and not pointless bashing.

Teej has a lot of posts (and detailed comparisons) in the perfect verb thread which very clearly showcase the behavior and the inability to recall session in a consistent manner depending on the reverb length. This is not an "edge case" and may indeed alter your expectations regarding further products and what to possibly expect.

I was happy about the information as i prefer having tools that work. Always. It saves time and money.
So he made his point there and should stop trolling a new product thread which is a product launch. Some random guy with a complaint trolling new threads is simply being a crank....

Better yet start a new thread and whine about it there, or best solution STFU....
Old 7th October 2020 | Show parent
  #20
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis View Post
So he made his point there and should stop trolling a new product thread which is a product launch. Some random guy with a complaint trolling new threads is simply being a crank....

Better yet start a new thread and whine about it there, or best solution STFU....
lets not fool anybody here, you're just as much a random nincompoop as he is. it's not like you are somebody compared to him. just as much a random guy from whatever, who cares.

I don't care new product thread or not, the company is the same and their antics haven't changed, as it looks. I wanna hear some user feedback before I make business with Denise (or not). it's not just about trying the demo to see if things work as advertised, it's about how company treats their customers is equally important.

I don't see anybody appointing you the police here anyway, so sit down and be quiet.
Old 7th October 2020 | Show parent
  #21
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis View Post
So he made his point there and should stop trolling a new product thread which is a product launch. Some random guy with a complaint trolling new threads is simply being a crank....

Better yet start a new thread and whine about it there, or best solution STFU....
you should follow your own advice (STFU)!! this is a public forum where we can discuss whatever we please. your not happy about it....... too f*cking bad!!
Old 7th October 2020 | Show parent
  #22
GBP
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwogo View Post

I don't see anybody appointing you the police here anyway, so sit down and be quiet.
Lol that’s too funny !
Old 7th October 2020
  #23
Lives for gear
 
Arionas's Avatar
I find Perfect Plate sounds extremely good!
I also wish for a better discount for owners of Perfect Room
Old 7th October 2020 | Show parent
  #24
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teej View Post

edit: if Denise DOES feel like going to school, this reply from NI regarding Guitar Rig 6 impressed the heck out of me. Five big updates from Native Instruments

People whine about NI all the time, maybe with or without good reason, but that response is about as classy as it gets.
Agreed. Great stuff when developers give true insights in to what is going on and I think people are willing to be patient and understanding when they are fully informed.
Old 8th October 2020
  #25
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
With the ocean of releases/options there are atm (and it still seems to be rising), the personal/customer side of things is an important aspect for me. I wasn't interested in Room and hence missed all of that, so appreciate the heads up here.

When a company is responsive/friendly/helpful, they bag me for lifetime. If not, no money going their way (dropped a few companies recently). On the other hand, look at TBProAudio, the DSEQ thread. So damn responsive, it's been incredible to watch. People can't help but talk about it in other threads (as I am here). Invaluable, especially considering this is the most popular audio forum out there.

Onto Perfect Rooms. Sounds great but it doesn't replace Lustrous Plates or SSSR. In built ducking is cool, but only useful on a single source imo, otherwise it can get messy. Lustrous Plates is wider, and SSSR even wider. Quite a difference. I prefer wider plates as they wrap around the source more.

CPU wise Perfect (2048 samples) was the highest at 0.7%. SSSR was 0.6% (3 samples, essentially zero latency) and Lustrous was 0.3% (2048).

Edit: It's actually RS Plate in my template (AUX was labelled Lustrous from previous goto). That's my plate of choice. The test I did for this was using a new/empty project with my AEA KU5A vocal test files. As I kept seeing 'Lustrous' in my projects when sending to that AUX, I completely forgot it was RS. RS is even wider than SSSR. Zero latency but the highest CPU at 0.8%. Worth it though :¬)

Last edited by b0se; 10th October 2020 at 11:13 AM..
Old 8th October 2020 | Show parent
  #26
Lives for gear
 
nichttuntun's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
With the ocean of releases/options there are atm (and it still seems to be rising), the personal/customer side of things is an important aspect for me. I wasn't interested in Room and hence missed all of that, so appreciate the heads up here.

When a company is responsive/friendly/helpful, they bag me for lifetime. If not, no money going their way (dropped a few companies recently). On the other hand, look at TBProAudio, the DSEQ thread. So damn responsive, it's been incredible to watch. People can't help but talk about it in other threads (as I am here). Invaluable, especially considering this is the most popular audio forum out there.

Onto Perfect Rooms. Sounds great but it doesn't replace Lustrous Plates or SSSR. In built ducking is cool, but only useful on a single source imo, otherwise it can get messy. Lustrous Plates is wider, and SSSR even wider. Quite a difference. I prefer wider plates as they wrap around the source more.

CPU wise Perfect (2048 samples) was the highest at 0.7%. SSSR was 0.6% (3 samples, essentially zero latency) and Lustrous was 0.3% (2048).
As you are so fond as me with the MagphaEQ, I have to keep am eye on your plugin recommendations. I like the Valhalla DSP Plate a lot and I am thinking about Kush Goldplate. Do you know those both and what do you think about them in comparison to your recommendation? Cheers
Old 9th October 2020
  #27
Lives for gear
 

This is a really great plug-in. Super versatile, simple and really useful. Sounds great!
Old 10th October 2020
  #28
Gear Nut
 

It would have been nice if they gave the returning customer a respectable discount, but I still gave them the support anyway. That should conclude any further business with them.
Old 10th October 2020 | Show parent
  #29
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nichttuntun View Post
As you are so fond as me with the MagphaEQ, I have to keep am eye on your plugin recommendations. I like the Valhalla DSP Plate a lot and I am thinking about Kush Goldplate. Do you know those both and what do you think about them in comparison to your recommendation? Cheers
For some reason I never bought Valhalla, not even demoed it, so I can't comment there. Goldplate is great but I preferred RS Transatlantic and Lustrous.
Old 10th October 2020
  #30
Lives for gear
 
dickiefunk's Avatar
I’m currently using Lustrious Plates which I love. Curious to hear how this one compares
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 87 views: 14440
Avatar for Kush HQ
Kush HQ 31st October 2018
replies: 131 views: 20900
Avatar for nichttuntun
nichttuntun 1 week ago
replies: 64 views: 11207
Avatar for Denise.Audio
Denise.Audio 4 weeks ago
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump