The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Shape your plate by taking control over character & movement with the denise Perfect Plate and XL
Old 10th October 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
For some reason I never bought Valhalla, not even demoed it, so I can't comment there. Goldplate is great but I preferred RS Transatlantic and Lustrous.
Listened to both now and the Lustrous is good but more like a common reverb imo. While the Transatlantic plate... Man this thing sounds awesome and legit. Such a lush beautiful sound. That's something very special. Do they ever do sales? Cheers

PS. Their site wasn't updated since 2018. Did they abandon?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichttuntun View Post
Listened to both now and the Lustrous is good but more like a common reverb imo. While the Transatlantic plate... Man this thing sounds awesome and legit. Such a lush beautiful sound. That's something very special. Do they ever do sales? Cheers

Rather embarrassingly I've just realised it's Transatlantic Plate in my template, not Lustrous (the AUX was labelled incorrectly) I'll edit my previous comments.

EU mode @ 1.6 seconds, 80Hz LP, 7K HP.

Yes wait for BF.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Listened to both now and the Lustrous is good but more like a common reverb imo. While the Transatlantic plate... Man this thing sounds awesome and legit. Such a lush beautiful sound.
That’s interesting to know. Lustrious Plates is by far the best plate reverb that I’ve tried but I haven’t given TransAtlantic Plate and Perfect Plate a go yet! I used Lustrious Plates on an old school jazz vocal this week and it sounded beautiful
Gear Addict

Quote:
Rather embarrassingly I've just realised it's Transatlantic Plate in my template, not Lustrous .
Fear not correcting anything for it to be right, for what is right is what is true and what is true is what separates musical man from the ranks of the unsound.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durk Diggler View Post
Fear not correcting anything for it to be right, for what is right is what is true and what is true is what separates musical man from the ranks of the unsound.
GBP
Gear Addict

Quote:
Rather embarrassingly I've just realised it's Transatlantic Plate in my template, not Lustrous (the AUX was labelled incorrectly).
You were probably originally trying out some blind tests and it worked effectively !
Lives for gear

Quote:

I demoed it a few months ago and as soon as I got the demo and gave my E-Mail address they sent me an offer of a discount to $99 if I recall correctly.
Old 11th October 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

I wanna shoot this out with uvi plate. Uvi plate is a cpu blob. But it sounds great.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Rather embarrassingly I've just realised it's Transatlantic Plate in my template, not Lustrous (the AUX was labelled incorrectly) I'll edit my previous comments.

EU mode @ 1.6 seconds, 80Hz LP, 7K HP.

Yes wait for BF.
My impression after listening to both. The Trans is awesome. High up my list... Cheers
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevon View Post
I wanna shoot this out with uvi plate. Uvi plate is a cpu blob. But it sounds great.
I really didn't take to UVI Plate when I demoed it.
Old 12th October 2020
Gear Guru
Transatlantic Plate is wonderful but Denise is quite different. Very cool concept and unique. I can see where both may since one is super specific and the other free form... great choices to be had!
Old 13th October 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis View Post
Transatlantic Plate is wonderful but Denise is quite different. Very cool concept and unique. I can see where both may since one is super specific and the other free form... great choices to be had!
Denise, I see it more in the sound design section.
Old 25th October 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

This has got to be the most underrated plugin this year, at least on Gearslutz .

What makes this one so special is not, as I see it, that the reverb itself is peerless. There are so many great reverbs nowadays; it's practically impossible to even find a bad reverb plug. What makes it so powerful is that it has the drive /saturation, ducking , eq, de-tuning, resonance, and other things that one often needs for the reverb to really sit right in the mix , built directly into the plugin, so that you can adjust it as needed without toggling back-and-forth constantly, or messing the whole thing up by throwing off the gainstaging. A few dbs applied in the wrong direction can make all the difference with ambient effects. With this , it's super easy to catch and correct before it happens.

The sound is also just ...good, for a lack of better word. In that immediate sense in which plates tend to excel at, where it cuts through a foggy mix without muddying it up.Because of the extra features you can get all the tail you need. And who doesn't need more tail?

Perfect Room is also great and the Perfect Companion to Perfect Plate. Pretty much all of the above holds true of it except it's more suited to shorter decays.

I know who Denise is, but she's pretty damn great at plugins from what I've seen so far.

Cheers!
Aaron
Old 28th October 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBaaron View Post
This has got to be the most underrated plugin this year, at least on Gearslutz .

What makes this one so special is not, as I see it, that the reverb itself is peerless. There are so many great reverbs nowadays; it's practically impossible to even find a bad reverb plug. What makes it so powerful is that it has the drive /saturation, ducking , eq, de-tuning, resonance, and other things that one often needs for the reverb to really sit right in the mix , built directly into the plugin, so that you can adjust it as needed without toggling back-and-forth constantly, or messing the whole thing up by throwing off the gainstaging. A few dbs applied in the wrong direction can make all the difference with ambient effects. With this , it's super easy to catch and correct before it happens.

The sound is also just ...good, for a lack of better word. In that immediate sense in which plates tend to excel at, where it cuts through a foggy mix without muddying it up.Because of the extra features you can get all the tail you need. And who doesn't need more tail?

Perfect Room is also great and the Perfect Companion to Perfect Plate. Pretty much all of the above holds true of it except it's more suited to shorter decays.

I know who Denise is, but she's pretty damn great at plugins from what I've seen so far.

Cheers!
Aaron
Wow, this is a glowing review! Thank you so much
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Hi all,

I wanted to drop by to say that we've pushed a small update for the Perfect Plate (and XL) and the update is now available in your library.

https://www.denise.io/me/library

We've updated the following:
  • Fixed an issue with latency compensation ('bypass' issue in Cubase and ProTools)

Best,
Joe
📝 Reply