The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
GainMatch plugin by LetiMix - fast manual and auto leveler
Old 17th September 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvyn View Post
I purchased but haven’t installed yet due to the Logic issues mentioned here.... any update on wether it’s all good now? I’m on a Mac/Sierra.
Thanks!
We're now testing it all on Mac, seems quite optimistic for now.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by assessor View Post
I had another crash. Where can I send the report?
[email protected]
Gear Maniac

Guys, we've successfully notarized version 1.02 for Catalina. Hope to post a link soon for beta-testing, if you will.
Old 17th September 2020
Been testing it for a good while now and almost everything works as promised—great! I do have a problem though with automatically gain-matching heavily compressed material. GainMatch seems to make the processed signal around 1dB quieter than the source signal, as if it wanted to make a point on loudness bias. EQs, saturators etc. work well but compressors not so much.

I've tried all conceivable settings from filter curves to RMS windows but nothing helps. Has anybody had similar issues or is it just me? AB_LM on the same track works great so maybe the algorithm could be tweaked a bit or an extra setting introduced for following dynamics processors. The normal remedy is to increase the RMS window size but this made no difference like I said.

Last edited by Uncovered Pitch; 17th September 2020 at 07:35 PM.. Reason: Typo
Gear Maniac

Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncovered Pitch View Post
Been testing it for a good while now and almost everything works as promised—great! I do have a problem though with automatically gain-matching heavily compressed material. GainMatch seems to make the processed signal around 1dB quieter than the source signal, as if it wanted to make a point on loudness bias. EQs, saturators etc. work well but compressors not so much.

I've tried all conceivable settings from filter curves to RMS windows but nothing helps. Has anybody had similar issues or is it just me? AB_LM on the same track works great so maybe the algorithm could be tweaked a bit or an extra setting introduced for following dynamics processors. The normal remedy is to increase the RMS window size but this made no difference like I said.
Thank you for the deeper testing and report! We'll be aware of that and test/think what can be maybe improved for compressors. Maybe some additional "fine" trim or different measurement algo.
Old 17th September 2020
Here for the gear

Purchased but after clicking the Mac AU download a ‘whited out’ Component is download that only reads as a Document that I can’t open. Customer Service contacted.
Old 17th September 2020
Lives for gear

Bought. Look forward to testing later. I was using Hornet Mk4 but it doesn't remember it's settings in Studio One. So every time I reopen I have to re-apply every instance unless I bounce down. In any case, for $9 this looks like a no-brainer.
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeseven View Post
Purchased but after clicking the Mac AU download a ‘whited out’ Component is download that only reads as a Document that I can’t open. Customer Service contacted.
Same here kinda stuck
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by letimix View Post
Did you try it with 1.02?
https://letimix.com/gainmatch/update
Yes, the gain reduction is reporting now but I don’t think the plugin is functioning right.

I have a single instance of the plugin set to enable target loudness mode -18db. The plugin is calling for gain reduction but when I turn on auto mode it starts cranking the gain in the opposite directions. Watch your speakers while this is still in beta.

Edit: before and after seems to be working now though in the latest version.

Last edited by JB872; 17th September 2020 at 09:28 PM..
Old 17th September 2020
Lives for gear

It seems this will turn out to be one of the most useful plugins (or units in music industry for that matter) so far in history.
Old 17th September 2020
Gear Addict

Still evaluating. Not much trouble to install is under Catalina and everything works fine so far. I just had to authorise the plug-in in the security panel and restart Logic once.
Old 17th September 2020
Lives for gear

Hmmmm. What am I doing wrong? I installed on logic and it’s opening fine but it’s not really adjusting the gain the way I thought it would. When I bypass the effects, the signal just gets more quiet instead of staying put.
Old 17th September 2020
Lives for gear

Yeah, it needs bunch of time to adjust.. Work best to bypass the whole plugin chain inside the plugin.. For now..
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy2039 View Post
Hmmmm. What am I doing wrong? I installed on logic and it’s opening fine but it’s not really adjusting the gain the way I thought it would. When I bypass the effects, the signal just gets more quiet instead of staying put.
I had the same experience with the version 1 but it seems to be adjusting gain properly now in the latest updated when using the before and after setup. Do you have auto enabled?

Also, there’s a setting in the lower left corner 3.0 secs. Try changing that to 0.5 so it reacts faster.

Anyone else notice high cpu with just one instance?
Old 18th September 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmelaub View Post
Same here kinda stuck
Any luck? I’m running Mojave, but I’ve never had any problems with opening other Mac plugin downloads.

Ilya has been in touch and they’re working on it.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB872 View Post
I had the same experience with the version 1 but it seems to be adjusting gain properly now in the latest updated when using the before and after setup. Do you have auto enabled?

Also, there’s a setting in the lower left corner 3.0 secs. Try changing that to 0.5 so it reacts faster.

Anyone else notice high cpu with just one instance?
I believe changing the time to 0.5 will make the average levelling much more jumpy and less accurate.
Gear Maniac

UPDATE 1.03

Hey, guys!

This is an intermediate update, AU signed and notarized, a few minor fixes as well.
[UPD: thanks for testing, link removed, the new cumulative update will be later]

Please, Logic users who had troubles, tell us if it's better now. If all works fine, we'll make beta the current stable version.

So far works fine on Logic 10.5.1 on Catalina: http://dl.letimix.com/letimix/gainma...c_catalina.png

(The oldest tested is Logic 10.0.7 on OS X 10.8.5, also fine)
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hey, guys!

This is an intermediate update, AU signed and notarized, a few minor fixes as well.
http://dl.letimix.com/letimix/gainmatch/beta

Please, Logic users who had troubles, tell us if it's better now. If all works fine, we'll make beta the current stable version.

So far works fine on Logic 10.5.1 on Catalina: http://dl.letimix.com/letimix/gainma...c_catalina.png

AU won't Validate Logic 10.3.3/OSX 10.11.6. It Passes all the way to the Bottom of the Log, but then it Fails: "validation result: crashed validation". Tried 10 Rescans...
In Logic's Plugin Mgr it reads, "Version Number-Invalid".

Strange thing is, it worked for several minutes, then Crashed, then won't Validate again after that.
Here for the gear

One thing I'd like is the ability to gain match not just to the nearest 0.1db but to 0.01 or 0.05db at least. Rounding off to the nearest 0.1 doesn't always feel precise enough - call me sensitive but I often feel like a 0.1db boost is 'quite a lot' when a mix is in 'finished' territory.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanxta View Post
One thing I'd like is the ability to gain match not just to the nearest 0.1db but to 0.01 or 0.05db at least. Rounding off to the nearest 0.1 doesn't always feel precise enough - call me sensitive but I often feel like a 0.1db boost is 'quite a lot' when a mix is in 'finished' territory.
I'll think about it, maybe as an extra option.
In the past I was also worried about 0.05dB but later was passing some blind tests on educational site and hardly could tell a difference in 1dB. That was eye-opening. Maybe we hear 0.1dB difference sometimes just because we see it on the screen.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by melopie View Post
It seems this will turn out to be one of the most useful plugins (or units in music industry for that matter) so far in history.
I think so too!
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmelaub View Post
Same here kinda stuck
Guys, maybe that's because it has no installer, and you just get the .component file that should be manually copied to /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components
(As the manual says: https://letimix.com/products/gainmatch/manual)

We are thinking about better installation routines for future updates.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Yes, the gain reduction is reporting now but I don’t think the plugin is functioning right.

I have a single instance of the plugin set to enable target loudness mode -18db. The plugin is calling for gain reduction but when I turn on auto mode it starts cranking the gain in the opposite directions. Watch your speakers while this is still in beta.

Edit: before and after seems to be working now though in the latest version.
See the "Time" in the bottom left corner when using "target loudness mode". By default it's set to 3 sec. If set to 0.5s it can cause quick adjustments, which seems is something that you describe.

You can send us a video of your process if you're stuck, we'll see if we can help:
[email protected]
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy2039 View Post
You can make a video and send to [email protected]
We can see if something is wrong and if we can help.
Lives for gear
Quote:
See the "Time" in the bottom left corner when using "target loudness mode". By default it's set to 3 sec. If set to 0.5s it can cause quick adjustments, which seems is something that you describe.

You can send us a video of your process if you're stuck, we'll see if we can help:
[email protected]
When set to target loudness mode is the plugin goal to keep the signal at -18db rms? I’ve recorded a hot bass signal consistently over -18rms and when I put the plugin in this mode it’s adding more gain. I’m confirming this with a vumt deluxe meter last in the chain.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
When set to target loudness mode is the plugin goal to keep the signal at -18db rms? I’ve recorded a hot bass signal consistently over -18rms and when I put the plugin in this mode it’s adding more gain. I’m confirming this with a vumt deluxe meter last in the chain.
Yes, it's supposed to stay around -18dB.
Though by default it uses K-Weighted filtering, which cuts some bass and adds midrange. Try changing filter to flat (right click->more settings->display filter) and see it something changes.
Gear Head

Quote:
Hey, guys!

http://dl.letimix.com/letimix/gainmatch/beta

Fails AU validation with Logic Pro 10.2.4, Mac OSX 10.10.5 Yosemite :(
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont Cranston View Post
Fails AU validation with Logic Pro 10.2.4, Mac OSX 10.10.5 Yosemite :(
I've got some ideas regarding this. Will e-mail you soon!
Lives for gear

In both Cubase 10.5 Windows 10 and on OSX Catalina in Logic Pro 10.5.1 the plugin's gain match works great. The Target loudness doesn't seem to work as it's supposed to. I changed the settings to flat in the filter without success.
Old 18th September 2020
Gear Nut

Is this the same as Volumebuddy max4live plugin for ableton?
📝 Reply