The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DiBiQuadro MercuryRec - Rectification from Another Planet - New DiBiQuadro Engine
Old 22nd September 2020
  #61
Gear Maniac
 
DiBiQuadro Audio's Avatar
 

SaturnLO 1.0.4.0 / MercuryRec 1.0.1.0

Updated versions of SaturnLO and MercuryRec are available on Center.

Changelog:

---------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------
SaturnLO

VST3:
- Gain Bright Cap + switch added (Overdrive channel).
- Stability improvement: startup.
- Stability improvement: model re-initialization.
- Studio One: burst avoidance at startup.

Renderer:
- Gain Bright Cap + switch added (Overdrive channel).


---------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------
MercuryRec

VST3:
- Tweak: OUTPAD switch added (Vintage / Modern channels).
- Stability improvement: startup.
- Stability improvement: model re-initialization.
- Studio One: burst avoidance at startup.

Renderer:
- Tweak: OUTPAD switch added (Vintage / Modern channels).

---------------------------------------------------------


In particular, we added the Gain Bright Cap (open circuit by default to keep retro-compatibility) on SaturnLO to respect the adhrence with the original circuit - we also checked our real amp before doing it.




The absence of Gain Bright Cap is also known as "Warren Haynes" mod: it gives a darker tone, mainly at lower gain (PREAMP knob) settings.
Old 29th September 2020 | Show parent
  #62
Here for the gear
 

Any further discussions about a Mac version? ๐Ÿ˜œ

Mac! Mac! Mac! ๐Ÿ˜
Old 29th September 2020 | Show parent
  #63
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMaloogalooga View Post


Tim Petherick does his SCS power amp for Nebula so something like that after Saturn preamp followed by a cab IR, would that be a recommended chain do you think? Or Preamp followed by just a cabinet is perfectly fine?
I would not recommend to add more distortion after a higain preamp in general. This is not how a poweramp is supposed to work in a higain amp. The distortion 99 per cent of the times comes from the preamp. The power amp is meant to produce volume, not to make the tone (the preamp does). Yes we can discuss about how different wattage affects the tone: anyway I personally don't like low watt poweramp on higain amps, even if in this period they are very trendy.

If we were discussing about reproducing the plexi sound I may even understand, but this is not the case for SaturnLO or MercuryRec.
Old 29th September 2020 | Show parent
  #64
Gear Maniac
 
DiBiQuadro Audio's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiBiQuadroDavide View Post
I would not recommend to add more distortion after a higain preamp in general. This is not how a poweramp is supposed to work in a higain amp. The distortion 99 per cent of the times comes from the preamp. The power amp is meant to produce volume, not to make the tone (the preamp does). Yes we can discuss about how different wattage affects the tone: anyway I personally don't like low watt poweramp on higain amps, even if in this period they are very trendy.

If we were discussing about reproducing the plexi sound I may even understand, but this is not the case for SaturnLO or MercuryRec.
Hopefully this topic will go on soon in another thread.
Old 1st October 2020 | Show parent
  #65
Gear Maniac
 
DiBiQuadro Audio's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMaloogalooga View Post
Just blank GUI when opening and blue spinning wheel.
Your license expired, indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMaloogalooga View Post
EDIT: OK looking at a log file its says license expired even though I had added trial to my account today. Also you said in Powercab thread that all Trials will be reset, when does that happen?
Reset not done yet, I'll notify when done.
Old 1st October 2020
  #66
Gear Maniac
 
DiBiQuadro Audio's Avatar
 

All trials - SaturnLO, MercuryRec - have just been reset

Cheers
Old 1st October 2020 | Show parent
  #67
Gear Addict
 
BobMaloogalooga's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiBiQuadro Audio View Post
Your license expired, indeed.



Reset not done yet, I'll notify when done.

Ok thanks. I'll remove my neg comment
Old 2nd October 2020 | Show parent
  #68
Gear Addict
 
BobMaloogalooga's Avatar
Hi guys, have trials been reset yet? How do we know how long left on trials as there seems to be no feedback anywhere on time left, either in plugin or on site? Also do I need to reinstall/re-authorize when trials have been reset.

It would be great if interface warned that trial had expired as currently it just freezes my session in Reaper, Win10

Cheers!
Old 2nd October 2020 | Show parent
  #69
Gear Maniac
 
DiBiQuadro Audio's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMaloogalooga View Post
Hi guys, have trials been reset yet?
Hello Bob,

we reset the trials yesterday (3 posts ago ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMaloogalooga View Post
How do we know how long left on trials as there seems to be no feedback anywhere on time left, either in plugin or on site?
We reported this info on both the Plugin and the Renderer, at menu level (any of the menus: LOAD, SAVE, SET, TWEAK):





Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMaloogalooga View Post
Also do I need to reinstall/re-authorize when trials have been reset.
Yep, it is needed to update the license files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMaloogalooga View Post
It would be great if interface warned that trial had expired as currently it just freezes my session in Reaper, Win10
Adding a warning or a more explicit interface when the TRIAL is expired is a possible improvement, I agree with you (added to the TODO list). Currently the GUI does not show up anymore and the output mutes itself, simply.

However, once the TRIAL is expired, it does not freeze the session in Reaper: you can open your project as many times as you want!
Not only: if you reinstall the TRIAL or you buy the FULL version, you will be able to go on working with the last preset saved in the project.
Old 2nd October 2020 | Show parent
  #70
Gear Addict
 
BobMaloogalooga's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiBiQuadro Audio View Post
Hello Bob,

we reset the trials yesterday (3 posts ago ).


Thank you! (and for your patience with me too )

Ugh its a tough one, I'm testing a guitar track and currently the free ChowCentaur Klon clone (love this for distortion at the moment) going into Virgo followed by Dibiquadro powercabs is a dream (purchasing Powercabs for sure). I'm swapping out Virgo with Saturn and its not winning me over yet but will try on other guitar tracks. Great work though guys, some sweet plugins you're making.

EDIT: DAMN those tweaks are fun in Saturn! I'm buying sod it

EDIT 2: Am emailing you. Getting some really nasty pops and volume spikes. Saturn then freezes sometimes with blue spinning wheel. Even restarting session, random pops and spikes. This is default crunch patch. Was fine for 10 minutes and now I can't get it to behave at all. Reloading plugin still same dropouts issue.
Old 2nd October 2020 | Show parent
  #71
Gear Maniac
 
DiBiQuadro Audio's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMaloogalooga View Post

EDIT 2: Am emailing you. Getting some really nasty pops and volume spikes. Saturn then freezes sometimes with blue spinning wheel. Even restarting session, random pops and spikes. This is defaulty cunch patch. Was fine for 10 minutes and now I can't get it to behave at all. Reloading plugin still same dropouts issue.
That is weird. Win10 + Reaper is what we use to process audio - we refer to Rea plugs even in the videos - and we have never experienced what you describe. We spent the last 20minutes trying to replicate it on 2 different machines (Intel, AMD), but everything went fine. We regularly check memory usage to spot memory leaks: no memory leaks, as far as we know. Once the circuit model is loaded, it is stable and it doesn't require additional resources.

I did not see your system details in your message, however I would suggest to increase the block size and see what happens.
Old 2nd October 2020 | Show parent
  #72
Gear Addict
 
BobMaloogalooga's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiBiQuadro Audio View Post
That is weird. Win10 + Reaper is what we use to process audio - we refer to Rea plugs even in the videos - and we have never experienced what you describe. We spent the last 20minutes trying to replicate it on 2 different machines (Intel, AMD), but everything went fine. We regularly check memory usage to spot memory leaks: no memory leaks, as far as we know. Once the circuit model is loaded, it is stable and it doesn't require additional resources.

I did not see your system details in your message, however I would suggest to increase the block size and see what happens.
I will try and if it happens again I will record a video. Buffer was at 1024
Old 2nd October 2020 | Show parent
  #73
Gear Addict
 
BobMaloogalooga's Avatar
Brand new Reaper session, imported a guitar track, added Saturn and loaded Crunch preset. Turned the preamp gain down and up a bit and you can see all the glitching and volume jumps (Apologies for poor video quality, had to shoot on phone as couldnt get screen recorders to work)


Old 3rd October 2020 | Show parent
  #74
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMaloogalooga View Post
Brand new Reaper session, imported a guitar track, added Saturn and loaded Crunch preset. Turned the preamp gain down and up a bit and you can see all the glitching and volume jumps (Apologies for poor video quality, had to shoot on phone as couldnt get screen recorders to work)


cut
It is very difficult to understand from this video. It seems you slowed down the tempo of the song which affects your track, or there was a tuning of the guitar going on and a loop. But even by doing this we cannot reproduce the crackle and SaturnLO behaves flawlessly on our side (I use 88.2KHz, 512 sample block size on a i7 + a PowerCab): no crackle at all.

Crackles when reproducing audio is a very common problem: there are many tutorials on google on how to fix it. It may be due to Reaper settings (SR, block size...), your settings on Sound (Control Panel, Hardware and Sound, Sound, check SR and bit depth), other Windows processes taking over your audio resources ecc... It takes patience to fix, but it is worth it.

Feel free to give us more detail via our support.
Old 3rd October 2020 | Show parent
  #75
Gear Addict
 
SteDal's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMaloogalooga View Post
Brand new Reaper session, imported a guitar track, added Saturn and loaded Crunch preset. Turned the preamp gain down and up a bit and you can see all the glitching and volume jumps (Apologies for poor video quality, had to shoot on phone as couldnt get screen recorders to work)
@ BobMaloogalooga

A quick suggestion that may help you narrow down the cause of your problem: install a portable version of Reaper in a new folder, load the same 'glitching' session and see what happens.

Maybe you've inadvertently changed some settings in Reaper's configuration page... it happened to me two or three times in the past, and the cure was to have Reaper reset its configuration file.
Old 3rd October 2020 | Show parent
  #76
Gear Addict
 
BobMaloogalooga's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteDal View Post
@ BobMaloogalooga

A quick suggestion that may help you narrow down the cause of your problem: install a portable version of Reaper in a new folder, load the same 'glitching' session and see what happens.

Maybe you've inadvertently changed some settings in Reaper's configuration page... it happened to me two or three times in the past, and the cure was to have Reaper reset its configuration file.
Thank you Stedal, will try when back in studio. This is not standard crackle of an overloaded CPU or buffer, at end of video it shows massive volume spike. Very bizarre. Will report back on using Reaper portable though.

Yeah itโ€™s just a previous alt tuning guitar recording imported to Reaper just for a test. I looped the timeline but it happens without the loop too
Old 4th October 2020 | Show parent
  #77
Gear Addict
 
BobMaloogalooga's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteDal View Post
@ BobMaloogalooga

A quick suggestion that may help you narrow down the cause of your problem: install a portable version of Reaper in a new folder, load the same 'glitching' session and see what happens.

Maybe you've inadvertently changed some settings in Reaper's configuration page... it happened to me two or three times in the past, and the cure was to have Reaper reset its configuration file.
Unfortunately happening the same in portable version. Sending Dibiquadro support files as requested now because this was really nice plugin when I had it working briefly!
Old 16th October 2020
  #78
Gear Maniac
 
DiBiQuadro Audio's Avatar
 

Yesterday we released new versions of Center/SaturnLO/MercuryRec (details reported in each download page, and in the Powercab thread).

Now we have just released another update for MercuryRec (version 1.0.2.1 - available on Center):

VST3 and Renderer
โ€“ Tweak: Vintage/Modern: default values corrected for R_GAIN, R_MASTER, R_PRESENCE

Old DAW projects will keep the old values, unless you decide to press the "RESET" button in the "Tweak" section.

New instances of MercuryRec will use the new values by default.
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 139 views: 15125
Avatar for DiBiQuadroDavide
DiBiQuadroDavide 3rd September 2020
replies: 78 views: 5202
Avatar for Osse_87
Osse_87 1 hour ago
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
๐Ÿ–จ๏ธ Show Printable Version
โœ‰๏ธ Email this Page
๐Ÿ” Search thread
๐ŸŽ™๏ธ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump