iZotope Releases RX 8 and Announces Updates to Flagship Suites - Page 5 - Gearslutz
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
iZotope Releases RX 8 and Announces Updates to Flagship Suites
Old 8th October 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermos View Post
Oh cool, this was the issue I harped about. I'll probably buy it just for that.

I think people just have to realize Izotope is actually a subscription based company, but they just don't overtly state that they are. Basically yearly/bi-yearly upgrade fees that are largely bug fixes and the like, with some new features thrown in.
Not a subscription model as in: "it will stop working if you don't upgrade"... But they have one of the most "strangest" update regime ever... As an example, I get loyality offers for products I allready own, and other strange buying proposals???

I'm starting to get tired of iZotope, and will "fade out" what I update... I think I will follow Ozone, and maybe Neutron.
All that AI stuff... I don't really care about
Old 9th October 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Just upgraded to RX8. It is by far the best restoration bundle I own and this upgrade is advancing the bundle to an incredible level. In one month I went from RX5 to 7 then to 8 - it is a huge improvement.
Ymmv
pho
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
Just upgraded to RX8. It is by far the best restoration bundle I own and this upgrade is advancing the bundle to an incredible level. In one month I went from RX5 to 7 then to 8 - it is a huge improvement.
Ymmv
I upgraded to 8 Advanced from 7 Standard about a month ago and I share your impressions. Most of the algorithms seem to be improved from the previous version, I'm getting usable results done in far less time. Also the workflow enhancements are speeding up all tasks significantly.

The backwards compatibilty problem that has been described here can of course become pretty annoying, I imagine. I've been using RX since version 2 and just adapted to this problem from the start: I'm doing my edits in the standalone editor and just export and save RXed versions of the processed files for every production. This way I never have to open up outdated plugins. Revisions of productions that are older than 1 year are very rare here, anyway.
Lives for gear

Nectar 3 "Plus" ??
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcom View Post
Nectar 3 "Plus" ??
the upgraded to RX 8 breath control - same apart from that.
Old 10th October 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelDroste View Post
Apple would integrate everything into logic... it would be great... just updated to music production 4...
Have you thought about people that don't use Macs and don't use Logic. But for whom RX is pretty much the only tool they can use for their jobs (well apart from highly esoteric and expensive stuff like Cedar systems).
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Think I'll be skipping MPS4 after testing out NeoVerb as not overly fond of it (mix assistant is a good idea I guess) but no-where near up to the standards of the top reverbs yet. Don't see anything of real value in MPS4 so think I'll wait until MPS5 comes out if there is a new Ozone or Neutron in it which will add value for me.
📝 Reply